Options

Who do you think will win Euorivison 2013?

Comments

• Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    i think europe has made it clear we don't belong in europe aspeacially in central & eastern E we could pull all the stops out to get a uk winner ,& i think we have tryed ,& still we can't win ,its more than justa song contest ,ITS POLITICS
    Bless you. The exit's just over there, thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,011
    Forum Member
    Ukraine -they usually have good songs
    Sweden - if anyone can do a double its them
    Ireland - coz nobody else has said them yet!!! :D
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think europe has made it clear we don't belong in europe aspeacially in central & eastern E we could pull all the stops out to get a uk winner ,& i think we have tryed ,& still we can't win ,its more than justa song contest ,ITS POLITICS

Your logic is as nonsensical as your spelling and grammar. See you next year.
  • Options
    PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nice try, but we know how to deal with mugs like you, thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBKXJnE_yqw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I already chose but I think France might change their attitude towards Eurovison and do a Germany on it and win it. Just a guess
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right ok in responce to all these replys i got can anyone tell me why we both to enter a song contest & never win it? i don't expect us to win all the time but like the footie we only win once in a blue moon,so if are moon went blue for a change we may just win it?if we don't win it we are doing somthing wrong ,right?
  • Options
    Gunner95Gunner95 Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Azerbaijan aren't banned they'll cheat their way to another win.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right ok in responce to all these replys i got can anyone tell me why we both to enter a song contest & never win it? i don't expect us to win all the time but like the footie we only win once in a blue moon,so if are moon went blue for a change we may just win it?if we don't win it we are doing somthing wrong ,right?

no if we don't win its not always because we have done something wrong, there are other factors like countries just having better songs or position in the running order.

we last won in 1997 so its not that long ago, you only have to look at Portugal who haven't even came top 5 in over 40 years of entering.

We still have a long way to go but we can win again and we will win again. this time 3 years ago no one would of thought Germany where capable of the win but they went and proved everyone wrong.
  • Options
    Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romania springs to mind straight away, they've sent some really good songs in the last few years.

To throw two other randoms into the mix im going to say... Portugal for their first win ever or Ireland.
  • Options
    jan_leemingjan_leeming Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see someone like Malta win, they are desperate for it and their enthusiasm for the contest is infectious - plus like many others who have never won they are long overdue....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's 42 entrants, and we last one 15 years ago - if it were entirely fair and the UK no better than anyone else we'd win once every 42 years, so just another 27 years, and THEN you can complain about how we haven't won in an unusually long amount of time. Kay?

Believe it or not, 40-odd countries manage to not be the winner every year. :yawn:

Anyway, I look forward to your next post on the subject in 2039 - until then, GOODBYE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's 42 entrants, and we last one 15 years ago - if it were entirely fair and the UK no better than anyone else we'd win once every 42 years, so just another 27 years, and THEN you can complain about how we haven't won in an unusually long amount of time. Kay?

Believe it or not, 40-odd countries manage to not be the winner every year. :yawn:

Anyway, I look forward to your next post on the subject in 2039 - until then, GOODBYE!

well mayby the uk just expects SOMETIMES to have a winner . i don't expect to win everytime,but i think we have /i have just got used to the fact we now enter but don't win,yes ok this years ESC was ok ,not a ratings winner but some songs on there faired ok, ie the russian grannies ,i thought was a joke ,it was in a way ,but funny,ok are entry could of done better ,well being saying that for years ,& we never learn ,but we have tryed ,i think now too hard. .one thing to bare in mind ,in comparasion to the footie ,look at the WC last one 1966 last attempt 2010 lost. have we ever won the EC footie? whos to say that wont happen this year?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever it is, it won't be the UK unless we can get someone who can put on a very good performance. I say we get either Bo Bruce with 'Without you' or J Marie Cooper with 'Mamma knows best'. :D We're going to have to get someone in who can actually sing a song that was 'made for them'. If not, we're going to end up losing for yet another year.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Whoever it is, it won't be the UK unless we can get someone who can put on a very good performance. I say we get either Bo Bruce with 'Without you' or J Marie Cooper with 'Mamma knows best'. :D We're going to have to get someone in who can actually sing a song that was 'made for them'. If not, we're going to end up losing for yet another year.

they can't perform a song that was released before September 1st 2012, but Bo Bruce would be a good option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody.

The world is going to end in December.
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Sweden will break the Irish record for consecutive wins.
  • Options
    SkoonySkoony Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Iceland!!
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georgia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abkhazia?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

so what went wrong for EH on his uk entry? what do you think we need to do for next year?
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukraine
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Anyone still confident in their predictions? :p
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the ones that have the most to prove going into 2013 are Armenia and actually the UK.

Well one isn't going to happen :D