SCD Semi-Final Discussion Thread (Sat 6.40pm/Sun 7pm)

cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
Forum Member
✭✭
So tonight the five remaining couples all dance two routines. One of them doesn't make it to next week's final.

Dances and songs below spoiler (running order and which way around the dances are as yet unknown):
  • Abbey & Aljaz - American Smooth to "Sweet Caroline" and Samba to "Faith"
  • Natalie & Artem - Argentine Tango to "Montserrat" and Salsa to "Wanna Be Starting Something"
  • Patrick & Anya - Waltz to "Unchained Melody" and Paso Doble to "Because the Night"
  • Sophie & Brendan - American Smooth to "They Can't Take That Away From Me" and Paso Doble to "Dance of the Knights" (aka "Montagues and Capulets")
  • Susanna & Kevin - Foxtrot to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and Salsa to "Move Your Feet" (aka that song on the Chromebook ads)

As it's nearly Christmas I've got some pre-show POINTLESS STATISTICS coming up in a bit

Comments

• Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    As it's nearly Christmas I've got some pre-show POINTLESS STATISTICS coming up in a bit

Really looking forward to that.

I will miss the show tonight, so have fun everyone :)
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go:
    • All the pros left are either ex-champions (Artem and Brendan) or new to the series (Aljaz, Anya and Kevin). If we count Iveta then that's been true since Ben left in week 9.
    • Every dance-off this series has featured one of the five new pros against one of the established ones (Janette v. Aliona/James/Pasha, Anya v. Robin, Aljaz v. Pasha, etc.) If this pattern continues for this week's final dance-off, then the bottom two should be Sophie or Natalie vs. one of Patrick, Susanna or Abbey.
    • No couple is doing two unique dances - everybody has at least one dance that is also being done by somebody else (e.g. both Patrick and Sophie are doing the paso). This is a first for a semi-final, although in series 4-7 one of the dances was the AT by default.
    • Every couple remaining has topped the leaderboard at least once. The last time that happened was the final of series 8; outside of finals, it hasn't happened since week 12 of series 6.
    • For the sixth year running, we've reached the final five with more girls left than boys, although four out of the five previous series were ultimately won by boys. The last time there were more boys than girls left at this stage was series 5, and that was ultimately won by a girl.
    • In terms of best couple by averages, Sophie will overtake Patrick if she outscores him tonight, and can also overtake Susanna if she outscores her by five points or more (as can Patrick). Those are the only changes likely to be made in the ranks by average at this point.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm nervous, excited all at once :o:o:o !!!

I'm really looking forward to the show tonight. I can't even predict anything ....
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    Here we go:
    • All the pros left are either ex-champions (Artem and Brendan) or new to the series (Aljaz, Anya and Kevin). If we count Iveta then that's been true since Ben left in week 9.
    • Every dance-off this series has featured one of the five new pros against one of the established ones (Janette v. Aliona/James/Pasha, Anya v. Robin, Aljaz v. Pasha, etc.) If this pattern continues for this week's final dance-off, then the bottom two should be Sophie or Natalie vs. one of Patrick, Susanna or Abbey.
    • No couple is doing two unique dances - everybody has at least one dance that is also being done by somebody else (e.g. both Patrick and Sophie are doing the paso). This is a first for a semi-final, although in series 4-7 one of the dances was the AT by default.
    • Every couple remaining has topped the leaderboard at least once. The last time that happened was the final of series 8; outside of finals, it hasn't happened since week 12 of series 6.
    • For the sixth year running, we've reached the final five with more girls left than boys, although four out of the five previous series were ultimately won by boys. The last time there were more boys than girls left at this stage was series 5, and that was ultimately won by a girl.
    • In terms of best couple by averages, Sophie will overtake Patrick if she outscores him tonight, and can also overtake Susanna if she outscores her by five points or more (as can Patrick). Those are the only changes likely to be made in the ranks by average at this point.

Thanks. Interesting Stats !
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello All, semis here so soon, i'm looking forward to tonight already
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for starting the thread.

Hopefully we will see some dress rehearsal photos before too long.:)

Edit: that's a bit confusing, they've just put up the dress rehearsal pics from last year. :confused:
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all ;-)

Bump for the show
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good evening fellow enthusiasts.:)

So near the end.:cry:

Let's hope that they all dance brilliantly this evening.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Evening, thanks for the thread. Really looking forward to tonight with the two dances each.
    I love both of Patrick's song choices
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening All:)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Big Boy Barry? :kitty:
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have cheese and the 'whine' ready for when grumpy pickled walnuts picks holes in Artems innovative dancing.

C'mon Nartem. I'm going to vote like crazy.

Ooh best check my bank balance first.
  • SugarlandUKSugarlandUK Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Evening :)
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I'm excited for tonights dances.
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all!
  • LogopolisLogopolis Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone :)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy, good for M, or Moneypenny.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying not to get too excited in case it's a let down. The music choices are all okay and that worries me! :o:p
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member

First post! Welcome and good evening :)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Clap in time!
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who will get the Death spot and go first.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening ALL:D

Hoping that Nat can LET LOOOOOOSE, or whatever is missing.

And that Patrick does well.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Welcome! :cool:
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all, really want Sophie and Susanna in the Final
  • SugarlandUKSugarlandUK Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    First post! Welcome and good evening :)

Thank you :) Been reading for years but decided to join in finally :)