Options

Bad Girls - Discussion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
Forum Member
So, we all remember the hit prison drama Bad Girls, right? :3

I've seen numerous Bad Girls threads on digital spy over the past few months, and being an avid fan I finally decided to make a DS account to share the discussion and looove!

You can speak about anything Bad Girls related, from favourite characters to quizzes and storylines. Anybody is welcome!

I'll start the conversation off with a quiz, some easy and some more difficult questions!

Question One; What are the names of Shell Dockley's three children?
Question Two; Which wing did Gina Rossi's boyfriend, Mark, come from originally?
Question Three; What kind of poisoning did Al Mckenzie die from?
Question Four; What colour scarf was Di Barker wearing when she followed jim to the Urology Clinic? (difficult!)
Question Five; On the last episode of series 4, there was a fire in Larkhall - who was the inmate who became temporarily deaf from this?
Question Six; Why did Pat Kerrigan have her first fight with Natalie Buxton?
Question Seven; Jim Fenner was stabbed in the stomach by Shell .. What with?
Question Eight; How did Shaz Wylie commit triple murder and end up in Larkhall?
Question Nine; What was the name of the policeman that Nikki Wade killed?
Question Ten; How many children do the 2 Julies have between them?

Have fun!

Comments

• Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Love BG!

1. I know the little boy was called Ronan but I can't remember her daughters' names.

2. D wing I think.

3. Oxylic acid from rhubarb leaves.

4. Don't know!

5. Barbara 'Babs' Hunt.

6. Can't remember!

7. A broken bottle.

8. Don't know!

9. Don't know!

10. Three?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love BG!

1. I know the little boy was called Ronan but I can't remember her daughters' names.

2. D wing I think.

3. Oxylic acid from rhubarb leaves.

4. Don't know!

5. Barbara 'Babs' Hunt.

6. Can't remember!

7. A broken bottle.

8. Don't know!

9. Don't know!

10. Three?

You scored 4/10! I suppose it's difficult if you haven't watched it in a while. :)
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Kaylee, Deena and Ronan (Kayley/Dina) - Not sure of the spelling.

Question Two; Which wing did Gina Rossi's boyfriend, Mark, come from originally?
    D-Wing

Oxalic poisoning

Question Four; What colour scarf was Di Barker wearing when she followed jim to the Urology Clinic? (difficult!)
    Beats me! No idea! :D

Question Five; On the last episode of series 4, there was a fire in Larkhall - who was the inmate who became temporarily deaf from this?
    Babs (Barbara Hunt)

I know they had a fight over Arun but I didnt watch much after S6 so i'm not sure.

Broken Bottle

She poured bad oyster juice (that had been left out) over a tray of fresh oysters she sold in a supermarket.

DC Gossard

Two - Rhiannon and David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Kaylee, Deena and Ronan (Kayley/Dina) - Not sure of the spelling.

D-Wing

Oxalic poisoning

Beats me! No idea! :D

Babs (Barbara Hunt)

I know they had a fight over Arun but I didnt watch much after S6 so i'm not sure.

Broken Bottle

She poured bad oyster juice (that had been left out) over a tray of fresh oysters she sold in a supermarket.

DC Gossard

Two - Rhiannon and David

8/10! Well done XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leah_Marie wrote: »
    You scored 4/10! I suppose it's difficult if you haven't watched it in a while. :)

No suppose about it!

Never mind I knew some of them!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    8/10! Well done XD

Awesome! I only watched 1-5 and then a few eps through 6-8 but not many. 1-5 were definitely when the show was on top form! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, series 1-5 were definitely the best. The worst part in series 5 for me is Yvonne's death (obviously), and also when Shell got her baby taken off her. I really hated Jim and Colin for that, she has always been my favourite character from the beginning and I was able to see through her 'evilness' to her more innocent and vulnerable side.

When he had his hand over her mouth and she said 'please don't do this' broke my heart!

For me, series 8 was by far the worst. The only parts I enjoyed were the Pat & Nat fight and the last Christmas episode.
  • Options
    Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question Two; Which wing did Gina Rossi's boyfriend, Mark, come from originally? H Wing
    Question Three; What kind of poisoning did Al Mckenzie die from? Rhubarb
    Question Four; What colour scarf was Di Barker wearing when she followed jim to the Urology Clinic? (difficult!) Green
    Question Five; On the last episode of series 4, there was a fire in Larkhall - who was the inmate who became temporarily deaf from this? Barbara Hunt
    Question Six; Why did Pat Kerrigan have her first fight with Natalie Buxton? Aaron was going to be transferred to a mens prison
    Question Seven; Jim Fenner was stabbed in the stomach by Shell .. What with? A broken bottle
    Question Eight; How did Shaz Wylie commit triple murder and end up in Larkhall? Poisoned oysters, to try and get her boss into trouble
    Question Ten; How many children do the 2 Julies have between them? 4, 3 from Julie J, and Julie S - David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last question could of caught you out OP. Many people could think that it will be 3 children between them because we see 3 onscreen (David, Rhiannon and Thomas)
    But in the last episode of the first series Nicki says to Monica "Julie J, she's lost 3 kids to her bastard husband"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Question Two; Which wing did Gina Rossi's boyfriend, Mark, come from originally? H Wing
    Question Three; What kind of poisoning did Al Mckenzie die from? Rhubarb
    Question Four; What colour scarf was Di Barker wearing when she followed jim to the Urology Clinic? (difficult!) Green
    Question Five; On the last episode of series 4, there was a fire in Larkhall - who was the inmate who became temporarily deaf from this? Barbara Hunt
    Question Six; Why did Pat Kerrigan have her first fight with Natalie Buxton? Aaron was going to be transferred to a mens prison
    Question Seven; Jim Fenner was stabbed in the stomach by Shell .. What with? A broken bottle
    Question Eight; How did Shaz Wylie commit triple murder and end up in Larkhall? Poisoned oysters, to try and get her boss into trouble
    Question Ten; How many children do the 2 Julies have between them? 4, 3 from Julie J, and Julie S - David

You got 5/10. I would of given you 6/10 but it wasn't rhubarb poisoning, It was oxalic poisoning caused by the rhubarb leaves. And you are very well correct, Julie J had 3 children.. Rhiannon, Martin and Gary (who wasn't seen on screens), and Julie S had David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, series 1-5 were definitely the best. The worst part in series 5 for me is Yvonne's death (obviously), and also when Shell got her baby taken off her. I really hated Jim and Colin for that, she has always been my favourite character from the beginning and I was able to see through her 'evilness' to her more innocent and vulnerable side.

When he had his hand over her mouth and she said 'please don't do this' broke my heart!

For me, series 8 was by far the worst. The only parts I enjoyed were the Pat & Nat fight and the last Christmas episode.

Jim Fenner was a great character but he was a bastard and a bully and I hated that he got one over Shell and Yvonne.

I couldn't stand Colin at first,the skanky little weasel, but started to really feel sorry for him when Fenner took matters into his own hands and blackmailed him.

I thought Colin turned out to be quite nice later on and I believe he truly loved Yvonne and was devastated when she died and it was partly his fault.

He had quite harrowing storylines too, heroin addiction and 'shooting up' scenes and trying to hang himself in the hanging cell where Yvonne died. And I loved his Elvis impersonation.

Did anyone ever find out what happened to him?

He headbutted that priest, was carted off but we never saw him again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I believe Jim's horrible personality is what made his character so likeable - I completely agree that it's annoying how he got one over Yvonne and especially Shell, the person who we all thought would be the one to eventually finish him off.

I too didn't like Colin at all when he first came into it, he was devious and quite annoying. He started improving when Laura Canning came into the show and he helped her through her depression and opened up to her about his childhood.

Unfortunately Colin was one of the many 'black hole' characters and wasn't seen again after headbutting the priest, but at least he went out on a good note ;) that priest was nasty!
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I LOVE this thread, though reading through the questions most of them pre-dated the time when I was 'old enough' to watch such a show. I think I caught the odd episode, Snowball's suicide up until Yvonne's death which is when I was hooked.

I knew the rhubarb question, or I thought I did as I would've just said the rhubarb and not the leaves.

I keep holding out for an American rendition but apparently Shed blocked the first one years ago as it was too much like Oz on oestrogen, which (if anyone has seen Oz) is by no means a bad thing! The rights have been picked up so many times, I was hoping we would see something by now. I would love a reboot, if only to make up for the crappy ending, but I think the ship's sailed there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    -Kayleigh, Deena, Ronan.

- H Wing

- Something to do with hazardous toxins in the Rhubarb leaves?:confused: can't remember the proper name though.

- A really bright green is springing to mind here with her over worn leather jacket.

- Babs "Oh, I need a flip chart to tell her off now" Hunt :D

- Because she doesn't like bullying or victimisation and was determined to prevent Buxton from becoming top dog or discriminating Arun any longer.

- A broken bottle snuck back from the party.

- Pouring old oyster juice over the fresh ones to get back at her boss.

- Gossard, watching S3 trial now :D

- during episodes Julie J has referenced 3 children along with Julie S, we do only see 2 throughout, however even after we meet Rihannon and Martin and Rihannon goes to jail Julie J again references "brothers" so I'm going with 3 for Julie J and Julie S has one son David making a total of 4.

Nice quiz, love Bad Girls, have them all on DVD, severely over watched also, make another one, that one was good :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bad Girls was one of the best things on TV it was in fact a quote used by Helen what made me even more determined to become an officer "Born, Abused, Prison" for the majority of the inmates that is the truth, however, there are the idiots and dregs, and then there is there the nutters.

I've met a fair few Dockley's, I've worked with people as bad as Bodybag, old school officers who hate change and then there is Fenner, never quite worked with a Fenner, they don't really last long at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Girls was one of the best things on TV it was in fact a quote used by Helen what made me even more determined to become an officer "Born, Abused, Prison" for the majority of the inmates that is the truth, however, there are the idiots and dregs, and then there is there the nutters.

I've met a fair few Dockley's, I've worked with people as bad as Bodybag, old school officers who hate change and then there is Fenner, never quite worked with a Fenner, they don't really last long at all.

Except Fenner himself, I loved how he kept worming his way out of things. However I did think it went abit to far towards the end. 1 minute he's in prison for hit and run the next he's about to be promoted to governing governor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Except Fenner himself, I loved how he kept worming his way out of things. However I did think it went abit to far towards the end. 1 minute he's in prison for hit and run the next he's about to be promoted to governing governor

That was showing how bent it is at the top and how because someone has a governor grade badge they can do what the hell they like. Don't focus on the Fenner part focus on what Di says "C'mon Neil, you can pull a few strings" ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SamJanusFan-x ; you scored 7/10.

I am glad you all liked the quiz and the ovarall thread! It's good to know there are lots more BG fans out there.

Here are the correct answers to the questions!

Kayley, Dena and Ronan. (Spelling didn't matter)

D Wing

Oxalic poisoning from rhubarb leaves.

It was pink!

Barbara 'Babs' Hunt.

She fought with Natalie as a deal, so they would tell the screws what they said about Arun was lies and that she could stay at Larkhall.

- A broken bottle snuck back from the party.

- Pouring old oyster juice over the fresh ones to get back at her boss.

DC Gossard.

Julie S has one son, David. Julie J has 3 children - Rhiannon, Martin and Gary (who was never seen on screen).

Anyone is welcome to make a quiz, I would too like to take part in answering them. But before you start writing the quiz, please make sure you state it beforehand so there aren't lots at once! It's your thread just as much as it is mine. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how 4 EE characters that have been in BG are in the same family

Shirley, Linda, Tina and Aunt Babe :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd share a quote I've just heard

'She can go pluck her tw*t' - Shell Dockley.

Haha. I'm watching series 5 as I type this, some brilliant one liners!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D Wing
    Who came from H wing, was it that tosser in S7 names gone out my head..... dark hair.... Huge side burns.

It was pink!
    Green was the colour when she was with Fenner and talking to Malcom next to the car right?! She had a snot green one at some point....

I'll make one.... probably tomorrow, too tired right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm glad someone else has figured this, whenever I mention it people look at me like I'm stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D Wing
    Who came from H wing, was it that tosser in S7 names gone out my head..... dark hair.... Huge side burns.

It was pink!
    Green was the colour when she was with Fenner and talking to Malcom next to the car right?! She had a snot green one at some point....

I'll make one.... probably tomorrow, too tired right now.

I have no idea, Kevin Spiers? I never noticed his side burns haha!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Both Julies have been in EE too, Julie J played Hazel, Garry's mum and Julie S played Lorraine, Mandy's mum!

Also both Nicola Stapleton and Sid Owen played Janine and Donny in BG!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no idea, Kevin Spiers? I never noticed his side burns haha!!

Kevin Spiers, he was shagging Natalie Buxton!