Lily Allen

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
Forum Member
✭✭
I get that she's got an album / tour to promote but she needs to realise that she is a thirtysomething mum of 2, who is also a singer.

She cant and shouldnt try to keep up with Rihanna & Miley, She's too old and isnt relevant to that fan base.

Pictured this week in concert, without knickers, flashing the lot. Even Cryrus doesnt show the goods!

Go away.

Comments

• Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Lily Allen.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's 29 actually, so not a 30 something.

She can be a bit tiresome, but I like Lily. I like her spirit and I also like her music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I've just found out she is playing at Latitude this weekend. After she threatened to auction off a pig's life for 'charity' I'll be nowhere near the stage when she's on...
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get that she's got an album / tour to promote but she needs to realise that she is a thirtysomething mum of 2, who is also a singer.

She cant and shouldnt try to keep up with Rihanna & Miley, She's too old and isnt relevant to that fan base.

Pictured this week in concert, without knickers, flashing the lot. Even Cryrus doesnt show the goods!

Go away.

You can only say that comment because Rihanna and Miley are current and exist.

They weren't behaving like that 7 years ago when Lily first came out where as Lily was behaving like that then, so she's not doing anything new or shocking.

She also isn't a thirtysomething and it's up to her decide how good a Mum she is, she has already buried a couple of children before she's 30, she has earned her right to have fun if she wants. She's probably experienced more pain by being a mother than most people ever do in 60 years of being a parent.

She's a pop star and she knows she'll be judged for that but when people judge her parenting it is really unfair, you know nothing of what type of mother she is especially after all she's been through in order to have kids, to me that would make her want to be the best mother possible.

I think she more than realizes she's a mother!!!
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lily is only 3 years older than rihanna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go away.

Is there a link!
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go away.
    Why are women who become mothers suddenly expected to behave like nuns?
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like Lily! Let her do as she pleases.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go away.

This is simply untrue - apart from anything else, she hasnt even played a gig this week.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Why are women who become mothers suddenly expected to behave like nuns?

Especially those over 30 :o

Why are they not all at home knitting wearing sensible shoes?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, I went commando today and I'm a good few years older than her - mind you I was wearing a maxi and not a mini
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when a 27 year old singer had a hit single. Madonna was the artist! 29 isn't old but it is if your 12.... Madonna's career took off in her late 20's.. I don't mind Lily. She isn't sponging of us! She's working for a living and doing what she wants. I like her music! If you become beige, so does your career..
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Meh, I went commando today and I'm a good few years older than her - mind you I was wearing a maxi and not a mini

Lol! Sometimes you just have to with maxis as even a thong will show through
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Posts that suggest once you're a mother you should stop having a life/dared to be seen without your child strapped to your boob/end your career ... make me a wee bit irate, particularly when newbie dads don't get any stick at all for doing the same thing.

The mail online is always guilty of doing this (suppose it serves me right for reading it in the first place)

I realise the OP hasn't quite suggested Lily lock herself away now she's a mum studying knitting patterns but come on, she's hardly in line for her free bus pass just yet, let's those knickers be flashed I say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    This is simply untrue - apart from anything else, she hasnt even played a gig this week.

really?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »

I realise the OP hasn't quite suggested Lily lock herself away now she's a mum studying knitting patterns but come on, she's hardly in line for her free bus pass just yet, let's those knickers be flashed I say!

Flashing your knickers... fine. I personally wouldn't, but nothing more than you'd see on a beach somewhere. A layer less than that... bit distasteful.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Flashing your knickers... fine. I personally wouldn't, but nothing more than you'd see on a beach somewhere. A layer less than that... bit distasteful.

Agreed no one wants to see that but having not see the pics myself so don't know in what respect they have been taken, surely it may have been an accidental flash?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • debdawdebdaw Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    In my view anyone that has real talent does not need to resort to exposing their private parts on stage.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    Agreed no one wants to see that but having not see the pics myself so don't know in what respect they have been taken, surely it may have been an accidental flash?

While I'm not saying its outside the realms of possibility, I find it difficult to believe an experienced performer like Lily wouldn't know the risk of wearing no underwear under a short skirt, on an elevated stage where there are lots of people with cameras beneath you...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »

I'm wondering if she actually realises that people's recording devices would have caught that. She doesn't have any knickers on and yet she crouches down a bit while wearing a skirt. Hmm...
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That knickerless shot is gross. Yuck.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

really?

hahah - OK fair enough I stand corrected, although gig was in June, not this week.

As far as Rihanna and Miley are concerned, Lily has lead a very rock n roll existence & been fairly controversial since day one, I dont believe she is copying them for one minute.

Agree with comments about new Dad's dont get any stick for continuing their career - and her hubby and kids often accompany her on tour.

That particular song in the set requires a quick outfit change so maybe she was in a rush - But still - she should have put a pair of kecks on...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That knickerless shot is gross. Yuck.

I can't see anything wrong with it.