US confirms al-Shabab leader killed

CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh deary me, what a tragic loss my thoughts go to his family on this sad occasion:D

RIP NOT, a piece of crud in this world had been eliminated. Rejoice

Read and enjoy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29086800

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Oh deary me, what a tragic loss my thoughts go to his family on this sad occasion:D

Read and enjoy

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Thats good and all but it's always the US, the rest of the world needs to get its act together :kitty:
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "He was a nice lad but he always enjoyed being obnoxious and violent" — Mother:D
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will it make any difference?
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Another extra-judicial execution. Maybe this one is justified more than others?

Is this the best way to conduct international diplomacy?
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would he have understood diplomacy?
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

Read and enjoy

Hopefully his death will bring some sort of relief to the Somalian people that his criminal thugs terrorise and reduce the threat they pose internationally. It's a good thing but gloating is kinda unhelpful in the grand scheme of things.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Hopefully his death will bring some sort of relief to the Somalian people that his criminal thugs terrorise and reduce the threat they pose internationally. It's a good thing but gloating is kinda unhelpful in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

It make me very happy, I just wish we could dispose of a few more pieces of crud like him.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Hopefully his death will bring some sort of relief to the Somalian people that his criminal thugs terrorise and reduce the threat they pose internationally. It's a good thing but gloating is kinda unhelpful in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

It make me very happy, I just wish we could dispose of a few more pieces of crud like him.

I found this quote:
    Today's IDIOTS SAY THE DAMNDEST THINGS is sixty-seven percent schadenfreude by weight, in case you're watching your intake.

You don't want to know what the website it came from is called :D
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waste of effort. They'll be another one along to take his place almost immediately. The real solution would be to attack the cause of al shabab. Work out why it's so attractive and neuter it. If you remove it's reason to exist. People stop joining and it fades harmlessly away.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember he was behind the Nairobi Mall Massacre.
  • Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't that be the Former Leader ? As I'm fairly certain the current leader is very much alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this the best way to conduct international diplomacy?

With nutters like this it is the ONLY way.

In any case, they're always banging on and boasting about how they "embrace death" and want to be "martyrs". Well .... he's got his wish.
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member

It is concerning that the US can decide who lives and who dies with no oversight. Without knowing much about the man what was the evidence linking him to terrorism?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    It is concerning that the US can decide who lives and who dies with no oversight. Without knowing much about the man what was the evidence linking him to terrorism?
    You are kidding right?
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC wrote:
    The US attack, using manned and unmanned aircraft, took place about 240km (150 miles) south of Mogadishu on an encampment and convoy of vehicles - believed to have been made up of three lorries and a smaller vehicle.

Nice. :)
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    You are kidding right?

No I've never heard of the man before this drone strike so I honestly want to know what evidence there is linking him to terrorism.
  • zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will the war on terror ever end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    No I've never heard of the man before this drone strike so I honestly want to know what evidence there is linking him to terrorism.
    I can only assume you don't pay much attention to news on Africa, he was the leader of Al-Shabaab which has been carrying out terrorist attacks in Somalia & Kenya for many years.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zahavi wrote: »
    will the war on terror ever end.

Nope. Al-Shabab have already announced the dead guy's successor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29093200

You take one out and another steps in immediately to fill the void. The so-called "war on terror" is an unwinnable war just like the war on drugs or any other nebulous threat which cannot be eliminated by any kind of conventional warfare.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    It's nice that he was killed and yeah yeah that's all fantastic and we can have a party. But do you guys not realise that these organisations don't treat their generals and leaders with the same esteem we do here in the West? There will be no period of mourning for him. SOme other gun toting nut will have already stepped up and took his place.