Options

Free PS3 or PS2 game! Genuine offer.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
As seen on TV’s Martin Lewis’s website:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/credit-card-special-offers#sony

512MB mp3 player, clock radio, CDs or DVDs from Sonycard.
Open a Sony Amex* card, spend anything on it within 90 days and get 8,200 Sony Pulsebeats points, enough to redeem for a Sony mp3 512mb Walkman (in the shops for around £35); alternatively the points can be used to get 3 or 4 DVDs and CDs, a clock radio or a Sony PlayStation 3 game.
This 8,200 point deal is much higher than normal, as this is a special short term promotion, only available via certain links, like this one: Sonycard 8,200 points* (always double check it says 8,200 points; if the promotion has ended, it may instead offer a smaller amount of points). Update Note. Stock shortage means this card is likely to end at some stage soon. The aim is to update this article as soon as that happens, but do double check you're says 8,200 when you apply to be doubly sure.

The card also has 0% interest on spending for 3 months, but as after that it jumps to 15.9% APR typical (variable), I would only spend enough to trigger the freebie.

Yet it does offer a competitive 12 months 0% on debt shifted to it, though there is a 3% fee if you do that (compare it to the Best Balance Transfers). There's nothing wrong with you using this card to grab the freebie and shift your debts to, but ensure you minimise the ‘spend' on the card or the way the interest is calculated will leave you paying a lot more than you think (see full explanation why).

Open your account, get the card, spend a couple of quid on it to get your free 8,200 Sony Pulsebeat points and then spend them here:

http://www.sonycard.co.uk/members/categories.asp

Then pay your balance and cut up the card.

PS2 games also available.

I’ve just signed up!:D :D:D

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Update: PSP games also available.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth all the hastle though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    garryt123 wrote: »
    Is it worth all the hastle though!

What hassle? It took me five minutes, definately worth it for a free game surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May give it a go then............
  • Options
    InsanepersonInsaneperson Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Worked for me but suit yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I didn't say it wouldn't work but it's hardly free if you've got to sign up for a bloody credit card!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PFC Hudson wrote: »
    I didn't say it wouldn't work but it's hardly free if you've got to sign up for a bloody credit card!

You spend something on the card (say a Newspaper), this activates the card and you get 8200 free Sony points on your monthly statement, you then spend them on a free PS3 game, pay the balance and then cut up the card. Cost to you - nothing i.e. free. Am I missing something?

"We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I got my card, made my 1st purchase on my first statement only got 2000 points called up mbna who said that the rest of the points (6200) should be on next months statement.........heres hoping!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same thing happened 2 me. Eventually got all points the following month and spent em on motorstorm and kings of leon cd. not bad 4 nowt.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got my august statement and 8205 points on there....excellent result

gonna order formula one and a movie

excellent if you had the patience to wait for everything to fall in to place
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice one mate. Glad to be of help.:cool:

I think the offer is still on if anyone else fancies some free swag.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »
    Nice one mate. Glad to be of help.:cool:

I think the offer is still on if anyone else fancies some free swag.:)

but you have to buy things with this credit card?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JX23 wrote: »
    but you have to buy things with this credit card?

Yes you have to use the card - see above. I spent £3.50 on it then cut it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think currently the offer throught the link is 3000 points or 4000 if you go through Sony themselves

Yes you have to use the card - see above. I spent £3.50 on it then cut it up

just like Shank0055 i spent £5.00 on the card, have got my points and now will cut the card up once the game and dvd arrive

as far as i am concerned its absolutely free to get the points as i would have used a different card to make the same purchase

So imo an excellent offer

thanks again shank0055 for that