The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for that Red-eye:)

And thanks Frank - we hope he will win one, not for the "sympathy" tho - but for his excellent performance (& a deferred accolade for not winning for Brokeback!).
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrankUK wrote: »
    His last movie wil be a massive hit..

i did here he might get an Oscar.

There is a lot of talk about an oscar. I hope so.
    Red-Eye wrote: »
    Hey guys.

If you lot are interested MSN is having "The Dark Knight" Special at the mo, enjoy:)!

http://specials.uk.msn.com/thedarkknight/

Looking forward to it myself personally:cool:.

Well, I'm off now. Ta-ra:).

Thanks Red Eye, I'll have a look at that in a mo. It's mixed feelings, very excited about seeing the film, but tinged with sadness too.
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the story Rach :)

Thanks for the link Red Eye
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    I really hope if he does get the Oscar ( which is such a long way off yet) that they do mention the fact that there was oscar buzz about his role as the joker before his death.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon Heathens:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope if he does get the Oscar ( which is such a long way off yet) that they do mention the fact that there was oscar buzz about his role as the joker before his death.

Hiya hun - me too - I don't want people to be ungracious about it - (as I've said already) I want it to be for a great performance that is deemed better than any other performances that have been turned in by anyone else. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a Heath fan exactly, but that new film of his looks brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers Jeggles :) - think you'll find it a stellar all-round performance by all involved - including Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman & Michael Caine, not forgetting Aaron Eckhart, Maggie & the excellent Gary Oldman! (so I hear anyway!:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening ladies! :D Hope we're all gearing up for a hectic week next week! Roll on DK!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone
    I've just returned from a preview screening of the Dark Knight.

Believe the hyype folks! Heath is absolutely brilliant. He steals the film and, whisper it, he is a better joker than Jack Nicholson.
    He is truly menacing but still strangely vulnerable and he gets the best lines!

Fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone

Believe the hyype folks! Heath is absolutely brilliant. He steals the film and, whisper it, he is a better joker than Jack Nicholson.

Fantastic.

Lucky you!, only one more week for me:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone

Fantastic.

Cheers Pomegranate:) I'm sooooo jealous! Still, not long now! I think the hype is making me worse! :D I love Batman & being a fan of Heath makes this beyond exciting!:D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be worth the wait! Good things come to those who wait and all that:)

I've been raving about it to everyone. I know he was shooting the Terry Gilliam movie too but this really is a worthy swansong for him.
    Forum Member

I've been raving about it to everyone. I know he was shooting the Terry Gilliam movie too but this really is a worthy swansong for him.
    Oh yes. The imaginarium of Doctor Parsnipitybiggus, due fo release in the spring of 2009.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dr Parsnips-oojamaflip for me, is diluted really - because he didn't finish it. This one is the biggie really I think.

Double excitement tho, as I said - Heath's last fully completed film & Batman too!:D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes. The imaginarium of Doctor Parsnipitybiggus, due fo release in the spring of 2009.

PMSL!! :D:D We'll get it right one day!!:D
    Forum Member
    PMSL!! :D:D We'll get it right one day!!:D
    I do actually know the real name, but it's much more fun this way:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do actually know the real name, but it's much more fun this way:D

Me too - I believe I may have posted it correctly in here somewhere too - as have you, but this is more fun!;):D
    Forum Member
    Me too - I believe I may have posted it correctly in here somewhere too - as have you, but this is more fun!;):D
    I concur, we need a bit of light hearted fun at the moment don't we? I have still managed to avoid any Trailers for Tdk, possibly because I have cut the plug off my TV so I dont accidently see any;)
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Folks 'I'm Not There' (the Bob Dylan film) is now out on DVD..one of the extras is a Tribute to Heath :(

And FFF you're doing well..there seems to be one come on everytime tehre's an advert break and psters of the Joker are plastered on billboards all the way into Brum & on the sides of the buses. Very few of Batman. he was even in the job section on Thursday :(

Interesting article in Mail yesterday (i know - for once) supporting Terry Gilliam's statement on the morality
    of the film compnay placing so much emphasis on The Joker, now Heath's not here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Folks 'I'm Not There' (the Bob Dylan film) is now out on DVD..one of the extras is a Tribute to Heath :(

And FFF you're doing well..there seems to be one come on everytime tehre's an advert break and psters of the Joker are plastered on billboards all the way into Brum & on the sides of the buses. Very few of Batman. he was even in the job section on Thursday :(

Interesting article in Mail yesterday (i know - for once) supporting Terry Gilliam's statement on the morality
    of the film company placing so much emphasis on The Joker, now Heath's not here

Hiya Hay. I actually ended up agreeing with someone that I overall completely disagreed with the other day on here over that - I think they're placing too much on the film being "Heath's" - it may not be the film company - may be the press, I don't know. Still, in years to come, no one will know about the silly reviews & it still looks like an amazing film!:)
    Forum Member
    Post count for this thread......

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=743297

*that SGF really does have too much time on her hands doesn't she?*:p...kidding hun, you know I love you:D
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*snorts laughing*

I still have no idea what it's really called. I've seen it countless times but it just isn't sinking in. :o Much more fun this way though. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post count for this thread......

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=743297

*that SGF really does have too much time on her hands doesn't she?*:p...kidding hun, you know I love you:D

Oh no!!!!!:eek::eek: There's a lot of blether in there you know!!:o