Options

Superstar Show Discussion MONDAY 23 July

Comments

• Options
    docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: Have you been backstage?

The twitter thorn crown accusation central the the slander has been proven false.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    Shame people fell for the lies.

Yes, but WHOSE lies? Only people involved in this (TV) programme really know - so none of us, then :D
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Than you know nothing about the song and theatre singing then.

That is why this is best left to professionals and not people with crushes.

But professionals have to start somewhere and people with crushes are often bums on seats which is what keeps the theatres going.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    None of this is Roger's fault - the poor man was in tears after he was saved

I just hope no one holds Nathan's exit against Roger. How David avoided the bottom two is beyond me
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Well done to Nathan for keeping his dignity. He smashed Roger way out of the park there, but he would have been sent packing even if Roger has cracked up and run away crying.

A guy up there singing his heart out has been well and truly stitched up by the biggest diva in the room.

Anyone want to buy two tickets for the Belfast show ?

I am disgusted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The whole programme is a waste of time and space. Cancel the Tuesday and Wednesday Progs and let ALW pick who he wants now instead of Wednesday.
    Tonight's sing off was beyond belief ALW admitted that he picked Roger because he gave the worst performance. No balls Andrew!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Perfectly put, DD, that just sums it up without any bias for or against him.

Why thank you.:)

I've been very critical of him (certainly not for his singing and performances) because of his behaviour.

I really hope Nathan has learned from this.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »

I just hope no one holds Nathan's exit against Roger. How David avoided the bottom two is beyond me

I agree. He clearlt felt he had only been saved by default. But then if David had been there instead of Nathan, I would have saved Roger too. I don't think Roger is right for this part though. He has a lovely, soulful, gospel voice but there's no "rock" there. He's lovely though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also felt sorry for Roger as he was clearly caught in the crossfire between ALW and Nathan at that particular moment. I dont think Roger is suitable for the part but I think he could appear in some of the other musicals or even record an album. He has a great recording voice.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I must be fair.

Nathan was better by miles in the sing-off but he still had to go because in an arena tour team players are required and he is obviously not that.:(

Its such a shame that he alone blew this big chance because Nathan could easily have won this.:cry:

Yes I think that about sums it up to be honest .As I watched his reaction earlier I thought "you blew it young man "
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Andrew puts people off voting for the acts he doesnt like...simple as that. He knows who he wants as the winner...waste of time voting really

Not entirely true. Something odd happened in the Nancy series where the judges led the audience to Jodie, and ALW and Cameron wanted one of the three young singers they really rated, with Rachel as the trained backup option.That was a mess, and Jodie was always going to be a threat for the vote however weak her singing was once he made teh mistake of putting her in.

The question is why it works in other series . The audience never takes up and runs with the people who fit what he says he wants,They often get early chances and gain support which fades when ALW starts going for someone safer. The vote usually goes for familiar options, it ignores momentum and often the performances in the final , judges on the song, and the voters seem to actually believe these stories that appear to get rid of people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    Well done to Nathan for keeping his dignity. He samshed Roger way out of the park there, but he would have been sent pcking even if Roger has cracked up and run away crying.

A guy up there singing his heart out has been well and truly stitched up by the biggest diva in the room.

I am disgusted.

I sympathise Button - but please leave Roger out of it - neither Roger or Nathan should have been in the sing off. It should have been Ben and David

Funny how Nathan and Roger were on when EE was on - viewers missing their performances. :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    Andrew got what he wanted then

The question is WHY? Ben is nice but dull. I guess the tour's pretty well sold out now, though, so someone who just does as he's told and doesn\t distract from Tim Minchin is probably ideal. I do regret buying tickets now - Ben was the only one I didn't want to see, but I didn't for one moment think he'd hang on in there this long. My fingers are crossed for Rory now, because I don't think Roger or David have a chance.

I wonder who'll get their character assassinated tomorrow night in place of professional critique?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what an exciting evening that was. :D
    See you all tomorrow.
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought Roger gave the best performance in the sing off, but that's not surprising as the sing off song was much more suited to his voice than Nathans. Nathan was much more 'Jesus' than Roger although both are a bit too well fed to portray that role ;)

I think Ben will win and he's possibly the best left for the role (I liked Nathan and Jeff). I'm not that bothered actually as I can't afford tickets to go and see the show!!
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Andrew got what he wanted then

It's his bl**dy show...why shouldn't he get what he wants?! He won't chose his Jesus, but he can get rid of the ones he didn't like. He thought Nathan was a troublemaker (I agree!!) and chose to get rid! Good on him!
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Think Roger knows he was saved on a personal rather than professional decision by Luvvie Webber, Nathan is better than this show anyway, no wonder its bombed in the ratings, sooner its finished and ALW goes away the better.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    Well done to Nathan for keeping his dignity. He smashed Roger way out of the park there, but he would have been sent packing even if Roger has cracked up and run away crying.

I am disgusted.

It wasnt Rogers fault at all .He had no part in it to be fair to him
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pattycake wrote: »
    I didn't like Nathans voice , and didn't think he was anything like as good as he thought he was

So true. Although I like David very much I wasn't keen on his song tonight. I liked Rory and Ben's songs the best this evening.

I think the problem with Nathan was that he was unable to take stage directions and that would become a major issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. He clearlt felt he had only been saved by default. But then if David had been there instead of Nathan, I would have saved Roger too. I don't think Roger is right for this part though. He has a lovely, soulful, gospel voice but there's no "rock" there. He's lovely though
    Distoney wrote: »
    I also felt sorry for Roger as he was clearly caught in the crossfire between ALW and Nathan at that particular moment. I dont think Roger is suitable for the part but I think he could appear in some of the other musicals or even record an album. He has a great recording voice.

And then poor Roger had woodentop asking him what plan he had to keep out of the bottom two- talk about tactless and rubbing it in.

Will someone get rid of this talentless bimbo of an alleged presenter of this show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    And one of the S*** Stirrers is at it again...

@danwooton Good to see the 'Lord' catching up with MY views of Nathan. SO not right for Jesus. His criticism was scathing.

@danwooton The public got it right!Now FINALLY Nathan has to go. This is the Lords' chance to save the arena version of JC Superstar.

@danwooton Personally I think Nathan & his hair extensions should be banished to some amateur production of Rock of Ages.

@danwooton YES NATHAN GONE! He was wrong for Jesus Christ Superstar.Very wrong. The Lord played a blinder tonight. Got what he needed.

Obsequious creep! Wooton really hates Nathan-was responsible for the press crap against him:mad::mad:
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give up... am off to listen to singers who a) deserved the chance and b) got it.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I sympathise Button - but please leave Roger out of it - neither Roger or Nathan should have been in the sing off. It should have been Ben and David

Funny how Nathan and Roger were on when EE was on - viewers missing their performances. :rolleyes:;)

I am simply comparing the two of them who were put in the sing off.

David should have been there anyway, got nothing against Roger. Although I do think his voice isn't right for the role. Too much mellow and not enough rock.
  • Options
    digimoandigimoan Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    What was the twist btw?
  • Options
    haribo_hockeyharibo_hockey Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good night all, wont be back in here now nathans gone. was good joining in with you all x