Campaign to Keep Iveta

Comments

• clairescavysclairescavys Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Could some brave good person who has twitter send Iveta a link to this thread please? Make her smile :D

Great idea Pet Monkey (great user name too)! :) Just now tweeted Iveta with the link.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I'd love to keep Iveta. She's understood the thing from the get go and is lovely with Johnny. :)

(Be nice if it could be a positive 'vote' for Iveta and not a chance to diss one of the other dancers, though. What are the chances? :rolleyes:)

The thing is, it's only natural to compare her to other pros. And as she started (mostly) at the same time as Karen, that's the most obvious point of comparison, as every other female pro has at least 3 full years on the show.
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Iveta gets my vote.:)

I don't mind Karen but I wonder if this is just a difference in styles - would Karen's approach be more suitable for the US show, is her style more fitting for that format?
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great idea Pet Monkey (great user name too)! :) Just now tweeted Iveta with the link.

Thank you for doing that :D (and your kind words about my name :o)
  • clairescavysclairescavys Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Thank you for doing that :D (and your kind words about my name :o)

You're welcome. :)
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I'm agreeing with this. i'm not even sure she is a fab dancer:confused:

She hasn't shown it so far on this show, I have to admit - but she's done some great routines in Burn The Floor, so I was rather judging her by her potential. Hence my comment that it was a shame that she hasn't lived up to that promise yet.
    Noone wrote: »

I don't mind Karen but I wonder if this is just a difference in styles - would Karen's approach be more suitable for the US show, is her style more fitting for that format?

Good point, Noone. They're a bit more relaxed in the US about those pesky rules and, as far as I can judge from my intermittent views of the DWTS dances, they rather like the salsamcha as a dance form, so Karen's choreography would fit in just fine.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, it's only natural to compare her to other pros. And as she started (mostly) at the same time as Karen, that's the most obvious point of comparison, as every other female pro has at least 3 full years on the show.

I do take that point, but they also have two really different propositions in Johnny and Nicky. I can't help wondering if some of the flack Karen comes in for might be because Nicky's not very good, but we expect him to be better (I like him, btw - he has a great attitude and I felt for him tonight - but it wasn't Karen's fault he couldn't hear the beat at the start :confused:). No one expects too much from Johnny, so what we get is a lovely glow from the two of them - and quite right, too.
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could some brave good person who has twitter send Iveta a link to this thread please? Make her smile :D

Yes it will. We all LOVE you, your dancing, encouragement to Johnny and your sunny personality Iveta!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Count me on, I love her, she's so smiley and happy
  • anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww...I love Iveta. Please TPTB sign her up permanently for SCD.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Iveta, you are better you are swell swell swell .........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noone wrote: »

This is exactly my thought with Karen, she seems more suited to DWTS than SCD.

I would love to see Iveta come back next series, and see what she can do with a celebrity that she was paired with from day one, and see how she would do with someone that had potential to go far.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever warmed so quickly to a new Pro like I have with Iveta.
    She just seems to have slotted in so well (as you would expect I suppose from a Professional) and has done it with a warmth to her that I unexplainably like. I like her choreography and her personality and I find it a shame that she's not her for the entire series. I would love to see her in a Pro dance if she has another week to stay before Aliona returns.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll sign up! She's coming across as a very good pro dancer & her choreography is spot on for Johhny.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    I'm signing too. She's fab :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I'm really liking what we've seen of Iveta so far!

Great choreography so far and she seems lovely, would love to see what she can really do in a pro dance. Please SCD, bring her back next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    She does seem really lovely. I'd like to see her back next year.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I was mesmorised by Iveta tonight ,She is stunningly beautiful and looked gorgeous on the dance floor .
  • Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    I love Iveta! She's so much nicer than Aliona AND Karen. Hope they keep hold of her!

Ideally they would keep Iveta, bring back Katya (or at least get a nice replacement) and get rid of Karen and Aliona. But if I only had one wish it would be;

Karen out

Iveta in
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is so sweet and i'd love it if she came back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Karen does not make more of a positive impression and impact, they might well turf her out and ask Iveta to return. Aliona, being a past champion, is more of a fixture.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happens in the competition, I hope Iveta will be part of group dances until Aliona's ankle is better. Pasha doesn't have a partner, poor lad. Would love to see them dance together. :)
  • ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another that wouldn't mind replacing Karen with Iveta.

I know there's a couple that like Karen for her tough approach, but to be honest, I'm not actually seeing what makes her any different to Katya, who could often also come across as slightly cold, or also didn't necessarily always listen to the judges, but I found Katya far more likable (At least as the series went on).

Maybe Karen could grow on us, but I'm just not feeling it yet. She seems the type that would rather showcase herself than her celebrity.

Iveta seems really warm and lovely, and we probably know less about her than we do Karen! Would certainly like seeing Iveta added to the pro line-up next year. :)
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I really want Iveta to come back, she is great :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im an Iveta fan she soo lovely, I hope she gets a place on next years SCD.