have characters ever got away with murder

Comments

• Amy_Jayne93Amy_Jayne93 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks:

Mercedes, Cindy and Lynsey got away with killing Dr Browning. (Sorry if this has already been said!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perpet83 wrote: »
    Who did she kill??

Is the FM referring to Dirty Den's second death, I wonder?

Except it wasn't Sam, or Zoe either - it was Chrissie, as the audience saw and later seen known to be the case by the police, as they arrested her for it.

So, not Sam.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although he was arrested, he escaped. Silas is on the run, so he technically got away with murder.
  • perpet83perpet83 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Is the FM referring to Dirty Den's second death, I wonder?

Except it wasn't Sam, or Zoe either - it was Chrissie, as the audience saw and later seen known to be the case by the police, as they arrested her for it.

So, not Sam.

I loved Kim Medcalfe's Sam. I wish they'd bring her back. They could do what Roseanne did with Becky and just keep alternating the actresses. Daniella Westbrook could never have carried off that storyline. Can you really picture her digging up a corpse?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nick murdered two people on Eastenders. Janine did NOT murder anybody. In Barry's case, it was an accident because she pushed him away. She stabbed Michael because she would have killed her. Actually, it looks like Tina's fall was an accident also. I don't think that Rob meant for her to fall from the balcony. I'm pretty sure that Louise didn't murder Ray either and that his death was self-defense. Carl didn't intentionally murder his father either: that was in the heat of the moment. Tracy was jailed as is Stacey so you can't really say they got away with it. So far, Nick is the only ones that got away with cold-blooded murder. I believe that Ronnie killed Carl in the heat of the moment.
    Janine murdered Michael. He was in no position to harm her.
    Tracey Barlow has gotten away with premeditated murder
    A cold blooded planned murder.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey Barlow has gotten away with premeditated murder

She was imprisoned for three years though.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Grant - Brookside
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perpet83 wrote: »
    I loved Kim Medcalfe's Sam. I wish they'd bring her back. They could do what Roseanne did with Becky and just keep alternating the actresses. Daniella Westbrook could never have carried off that storyline. Can you really picture her digging up a corpse?

No - there's no way she could have carried that off.

Kim Medcalf was great with that, and then Daniella Westbrook later coming back as Sam was rubbish.

Just so Daniella could come back - it ruined Sam and ruined Sam being previously in it with the Dirty Den stuff.

The Kim version of Sam was great In pulling that off, in 2005. 2010 (I think it was) - was rubbish in comparison.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes but she got out on a ridiculous technicality.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Technically he didn't get away with it but Richard Hillman decided to end things on his terms rather than do time for murder.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Jake Moon did as did Sean Slater in EE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Janine-Eastenders
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Sam Mitchell,

She has never killed anyone.

Back to the OP's question, the only people I can think of that have killed on screen and got away with it without the police or a court case or being murdered themselves are -

Jake Moon - EE (even though his fate was left hanging)

Cheryl Brady - HO (the only one in recent times who has actually got away with murder and gone to live happy ever after)
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - there's no way she could have carried that off.

Kim Medcalf was great with that, and then Daniella Westbrook later coming back as Sam was rubbish.

Just so Daniella could come back - it ruined Sam and ruined Sam being previously in it with the Dirty Den stuff.

The Kim version of Sam was great In pulling that off, in 2005. 2010 (I think it was) - was rubbish in comparison.

After watching her in HO as a devious dangerous business woman I do believe she could have pulled it off. DW is a very talented actress it's just the writing wasn't very good. I personally thought it was good but can see why people may have not liked it.
  • kjg1995kjg1995 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    She has never killed anyone.

Back to the OP's question, the only people I can think of that have killed on screen and got away with it without the police or a court case or being murdered themselves are -

Jake Moon - EE (even though his fate was left hanging)

Cheryl Brady - HO (the only one in recent times who has actually got away with murder and gone to live happy ever after)

Man, I completely forgot that about Cheryl!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I seem to recall Eric Pollard killing his wife the night of the Emmerdale plane crash, which was how come he never got caught?
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    I seem to recall Eric Pollard killing his wife the night of the Emmerdale plane crash, which was how come he never got caught?

It was presumed she died in the crash I think.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hardly a life sentence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching her in HO as a devious dangerous business woman I do believe she could have pulled it off. DW is a very talented actress it's just the writing wasn't very good. I personally thought it was good but can see why people may have not liked it.

Fair enough.

Just replying (and giving - it's only my opinion) to the previous poster's reply to and about Sam being a murderer.

DW was fine in EE in previous stints - just do think only in my opinion - that the writing wasn't so great the last time under Kirkwood, It was just all about the inevitable and predictable Ricky reunion - which wasn't what Sam was about prior to that, especially when Medcalf had previously been in the role.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Its fairly well believed that Eric Pollard murdered his wife Elizabeth in Emmerdale and he's never been brought to book. Also - I believe Eric shot another character earlier on in the series (I think it was someone visiting from overseas) and he got away with that too. I think Phil Mitchell has got away with the murder (or manslaughter) of the tramp asleep in one of the cars when he set light to the car lot and of course Janine got away with the killing of Barry. Tracey got away with Charlie's murder (or her conviction was overturned so she could make a return to the Street). Barry Grant got away with murdering Terry's wife in Brookside.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    It was presumed she died in the crash I think.

Yes his wife Elizabeth - Michael and Elsa's mother. He killed her the night of the plane crash and she was assumed to be one of the victims of that. Very fortunate for him!
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitten wrote: »
    Did Warren in Hollyoaks get away with murder? Louise and Sean?
    Yes and no. He got banged up for killing Louise (while showing Mitzeee where he'd buried Louise's body) but he got away with killing Sean (and Dale - the guy who actually died, and everyone thought was Warren, when Claire set fire to The Loft, if you follow me).
    Hollyoaks:

Mercedes, Cindy and Lynsey got away with killing Dr Browning. (Sorry if this has already been said!)

Yes, this was my first thought. They actually confessed to it too, but it was covered up by SuperCop Sam.

That's reminded me - Browning himself got away with killing Claire, technically. He ended up being killed himself (by wifey Mercedes) not long after doing the deed though.
    Cheryl Brady - HO (the only one in recent times who has actually got away with murder and gone to live happy ever after).

Oh yeah :o she killed her dad, and Brendan took the blame.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Paul Robinson (Neighbours) got away with killing Gus Cleary. Gus burned to death when Paul burnt down the Lassiter's complex in 2004. When Gus' sister kidnapped Declan in 2007, hoping to get him to pay, Paul 'fessed up to the police, but due to suffering with amnesia after a brain tumour op, he wasn't considered a reliable witness, so walked free.

Probably the only Neighbours character to ever get away with murder.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Barry Grant on Brookie.

Yes. He's about the only one I can think of that mever spent any time inside (as fas I remember) or receive equivalent punishment - even if it was for a crime they didn't commit (like Janine spending months in Prison for Laura's death) or being killed themselves.

Everybody else does seem to receive some kind of karmic payback whether it is being falsely accused and imprisoned for something else or dying.

There was Louise in Emmerdale but arhuably that was self defence.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    Yes his wife Elizabeth - Michael and Elsa's mother. He killed her the night of the plane crash and she was assumed to be one of the victims of that. Very fortunate for him!

I thought that they sorted out when Michael returned a couple of years ago. Eric confessed that he wanted Elisabeth out of the way and intended to kill her but the Plane crash saved him the bother.