One Born Every Minute - new series!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    vixyvic wrote: »
    My grandma was an identical twin but they lived very separate lives when they grew up.
    I know identical twins like that too. Not all identical twins are best buddies. But I was so glad that Mum chose her husband to go into the operating theatre with her and not her twin.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband said the big woman looked like a heifer being calved....

You have to admit her lying there being examined was not a pretty sight even though the bad bits were pixilated.

Why do women agree to being filmed and broadcast on national television like this :confused:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Do the Mums giving birth get paid for being filmed ? I personally wouldn't let anyone film me for all the tea in China.

Yes, although I believe it's not that much money.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    My husband said the big woman looked like a heifer being calved....

You have to admit her lying there being examined was not a pretty sight even though the bad bits were pixilated.

Why do women agree to being filmed and broadcast on national television like this :confused:

I don't know how they can do it. I'm due to give birth in a few weeks' time and I'm dreading anyone seeing anything to be honest.

Did anyone else think the husband of the large lady was very camp? I found them fascinating tbh.
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    I don't know how they can do it. I'm due to give birth in a few weeks' time and I'm dreading anyone seeing anything to be honest.

Did anyone else think the husband of the large lady was very camp? I found them fascinating tbh.

I gave birth via C-section rather than vaginally (although I still had my bits uncovered) and I can guarantee you that once you are in labour/about to have your baby all your inhibitions go and you won't care who comes in the room.

Good luck x
  • pete_dalepete_dale Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Do the Mums giving birth get paid for being filmed ? I personally wouldn't let anyone film me for all the tea in China.

I have never watched this, the idea appalls me, some things should be private.

I cant believe they film it,, who thought it up, Monkey Tennis?
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I gave birth via C-section rather than vaginally (although I still had my bits uncovered) and I can guarantee you that once you are in labour/about to have your baby all your inhibitions go and you won't care who comes in the room.

Good luck x

Yep, as the saying goes, "You leave your dignity at the door" as soon as you have a baby! I'm a naturally very shy, reserved person who would never consider 'flaunting' myself normally, but after having my first baby I did lose a lot of the embarrassment that goes along with 'medical womanly things'! It just kind of happens!

Wishing anyone who's pregnant on the forum good luck - remember, it's not a competition, and there are no medals for giving birth, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter 'how' the baby emerges into this world as long as Mum and baby are healthy and well at the end of the process. And you really do forget the worst of the pain... but I'm also quite pleased that my child-bearing days are more or less behind me now! :p (Spent the afternoon at a four year old's birthday party - had forgotten quite how tiring it it running around after toddlers; mine are 19 and 16 now!!)
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    missy83 wrote: »

Good luck x

Thanks. That's what everyone says but I really really dread this part of it more than the pain. I don't mind medical people seeing anything as that's their job but I am dreading my partner or mother seeing stuff I'd rather they didn't see.
    Yep, as the saying goes, "You leave your dignity at the door" as soon as you have a baby! I'm a naturally very shy, reserved person who would never consider 'flaunting' myself normally, but after having my first baby I did lose a lot of the embarrassment that goes along with 'medical womanly things'! It just kind of happens!

Wishing anyone who's pregnant on the forum good luck - remember, it's not a competition, and there are no medals for giving birth, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter 'how' the baby emerges into this world as long as Mum and baby are healthy and well at the end of the process. And you really do forget the worst of the pain... but I'm also quite pleased that my child-bearing days are more or less behind me now! :p (Spent the afternoon at a four year old's birthday party - had forgotten quite how tiring it it running around after toddlers; mine are 19 and 16 now!!)

I am 42 and it's my first baby (and my last).
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight? I have actually remembered tonight!
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight? I have actually remembered tonight!

Hello! :)

This macho bloke is a bit of a knob, isn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I thought both couples seemed nice tonight., although I'm hoping the baby won't be born before midnight and named Zeus!:o:D
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flicking between this and the football but Zeus really?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the humour of the male anaesthetist!
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    Hello! :)

This macho bloke is a bit of a knob, isn't he?

that's what I thought think he's very lucky to have her she must see something in him though I guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this evening we get the contrast of macho man and sensitive man.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Did he really just leave his missus who is in labour to go to the gym?!?!?!? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I get the skin to skin contact but it seemed weird the man taking his top off!
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Did he really just leave his missus who is in labour to go to the gym?!?!?!? :eek:

Indeed he did, my comment at the beginning seems even more apt now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the impression I got, after listing his gym routine in excruciating detail!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah Gymbo's back.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get the impression he'd rather be anywhere but the labour ward. What does she seem in him?! Please be born after midnight, please be born after midnight.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giggling at the woman being in full makeup including lipstick whilst in labour! Honestly, make up was the last thing on my mind for the first 5 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They compromised and he got Zeus as a middle name after all!
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    "I'm gonna get him down the gym and make him massive"

Is this meathead for real?!?! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady at work - she and her wife/partner have just had twins! :)