Options

Ashleigh reeled in horror...

BIGM0MMABIGM0MMA Posts: 1,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I admit I like watching facial expressions when things happen or when people are talking. I haven't studied it by any means, but i believe a lot can be told and given away by the face, even when people are saying/doing something different.

I particularly enjoyed Ashleigh's reaction when Toyas name was announced on Friday.

The nervousness, the happiness, the shock, the horror, the disbelief and the disassociation all rolled up into a micro second. The face does indeed give so much away. For me, its truly fascinating.

Anyone else interested in this? :D

Comments

• Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She clearly didn't know how to react when Toya pretended to be happy to be evicted.

It was like: "Bollocks, my mentor's gone...hang on she's pretending to be happy, what's that all about?...I best pretend to be happy on her behalf then."
  • Options
    BIGM0MMABIGM0MMA Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Initially she was happy...

I should have added that in the quick sequence of emotions, she showed us fear for the first time too. Amazing really.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to focus on anyone other than Danielle on eviction nights. She is an emotional wreck every single Friday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    You see what you want to see.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it as well. She has the most expressive eyes of anybody I have ever seen, bar one.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but I don't want to mention her. Complete nutter.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to focus on anyone other than Danielle on eviction nights. She is an emotional wreck every single Friday.

I agree, Danielle is so over the top it's unbelievable. It's like she loves everybody that is leaving, she cried when Pauline went and again when Toya went. Danielle contradicts hers lifestyle, her morals and everything she says. I find her to be totally fake.
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member

Yes, and why is she always wearing a dressing gown?
  • Options
    MySkassMySkass Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread needs a gif.
  • Options
    Cornish GirlCornish Girl Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »

Toya also wore a dressing gown. I think they believe their eviction outfits are so spectacular they have to be kept under wraps as we will not be able to contain our excitement!!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You see what you want to see.

Hmm, yes, I didn't see much reeling. I thought there would be a bigger reaction.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    MySkass wrote: »
    This thread needs a gif.

Definitely. :D
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »

I presumed there was an issue with the air con in there--seems it blows from above, hence Ash wearing that tea cosy hat indoors.
  • Options
    JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MySkass wrote: »
    This thread needs a gif.

http://abload.de/img/mb2329bj5m.gif
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Toya also wore a dressing gown. I think they believe their eviction outfits are so spectacular they have to be kept under wraps as we will not be able to contain our excitement!!

Or they're scared the will spill something on it! Like a big dollop of tomato sauce or red wine:D

On the topic of outfits (sort of) toya's eviction outfit did nothing for her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes the "friend/supporter" of Jale broke her heart when Pauline was evicted. Even after Jale had the last insult thrown at her by Pauline. These are the types of friends Jale is meant to be loyal to. The mind boggles.
  • Options
    Cornish GirlCornish Girl Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or they're scared the will spill something on it! Like a big dollop of tomato sauce or red wine:D

On the topic of outfits (sort of) toya's eviction outfit did nothing for her

Her trousers looked like they were made of paper!!! Really not impressed with that one. I think Jale's eviction dress is nice and it really suits her. Probably a good job as we see it so often ;-)
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Toya's eviction outfit (well the top half, maybe not the trousers) :D

Surely they cover up with a dressing gown in case they don't go so they're not seen wearing the same outfit every Friday night (like Jale.)
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of facial expressions, I loved Jale's when she found out she wasn't up for eviction this week :)
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I loved Toya's eviction outfit (well the top half, maybe not the trousers) :D

Surely they cover up with a dressing gown in case they don't go so they're not seen wearing the same outfit every Friday night (like Jale.)

Toya's top was nice, but really she shouldnt have sat down when she was wearing it!
  • Options
    Esther_AspleyEsther_Aspley Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle reacts just the way her loser ex Dextor, fake
  • Options
    tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    BIGM0MMA wrote: »
    I admit I like watching facial expressions when things happen or when people are talking. I haven't studied it by any means, but i believe a lot can be told and given away by the face, even when people are saying/doing something different.

I particularly enjoyed Ashleigh's reaction when Toyas name was announced on Friday.

The nervousness, the happiness, the shock, the horror, the disbelief and the disassociation all rolled up into a micro second. The face does indeed give so much away. For me, its truly fascinating.

Anyone else interested in this? :D

Oh yes, that's one reason why I'm interested in Big Brother. And I appreciate the camera and editing work to show us some of this.
    I noticed at the past eviction show, how revealing Ash and Helen were in their "eye-to-eye" communication. They were hyper-sensitive to the sounds of the crowd - watch who and where they look. Helen doesn't move her head but her eyes definitely are darting around.
    I love those honest reactions - Chris or Jale or Winston! When it's announced they are safe - they don't quite know what to do - show how happy they are or keep it cool:)

Off topic - I really miss Davina on eviction nights - "Housemates - this is Davina!" "I'm coming to get you!" - that was the best.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

:D:D:D - She truly is.