Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    I know you cant talk about it but what happened on here? ;)

Trolls nothing we haven't seen before
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had donuts brought in but a fight erupted over the creme filled ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ smh lool
  • Options
    CourtneyPaige89CourtneyPaige89 Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    We had donuts brought in but a fight erupted over the creme filled ones.

I was fine over here with my jelly-filled donut:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I hate those. Glazed all the way baby!

Cleverly relating it to the main topic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFskNJpYcdc

0:38 always cracks me up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes! I was trying to go with the "filled" theme ;-)
    Do you have Krispy Kreme donuts in the UK? Here, if you're lucky enough to live close to a store with a bakery you get them hot right off the rack! They literally melt in your mouth as you eat them :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CV's American but yh we do have a krispy kreme I don't have one near me though and they're damn expensive.

I much prefer those seaside cake doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon you can them hot and you can get 4/5 for a pound.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the iTunes Denmark store (where I have my Euro account), they don't have the DNA EP or CYL EP (guess it was UK exclusive?)… Would anyone care to share their iTunes purchase with a fellow fan? :blush: Hope I don't get in trouble.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    CV's American but yh we do have a krispy kreme I don't have one near me though and they're damn expensive.

I much prefer those seaside cake doughnuts with sugar and cinnamon you can them hot and you can get 4/5 for a pound.

Is London the only place to have Krispy Kremes? Heard of them in the UK but have never actually seen one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is London the only place to have Krispy Kremes? Heard of them in the UK but have never actually seen one.

Hopefully it works on desktops as well
    http://krispykrememobile.co.uk/storefinder/allstores
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Krispy Kremes (my friend once said, "Its like eating a cloud they're so light") but they are really sweet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we ever get a good estimate of overall "salute" album and single sales. I'm sure it's been covered, but I don't come here as often as I used to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we ever get a good estimate of overall "salute" album and single sales. I'm sure it's been covered, but I don't come here as often as I used to be.

The Buzzjack forum has a Little Mix subforum with a sales thread. With the streaming, this week is screwed up though.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are KK stands in loads of service stations and kiosks in big train stations
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    My instinct told me to order the signed Salute program from their store, but I didnt thinking I could buy when the tour came, and now they're gone. Sad face.

Did you guys not get the signed album then? :confused:

CourtneyPaige89 - You said you'd worked with a girlband before, I know you probably can't say which one, but in what capacity, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holte139 wrote: »
    Did you guys not get the signed album then? :confused:

They didnt have signed albums in Best Buy. I imported last time. This time I wanted my sale to count for their US figures.
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    They didnt have signed albums in Best Buy. I imported last time. This time I wanted my sale to count for their US figures.

Ah OK, that makes sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The upside of them having to cancel the tour is that if or when they do tour the US it will be after the 3rd album is out so they will have a stronger set list. Their voices and stagecraft are still developing. I don't love Little Me, I'm hopeful that the next album has some more adult ballads which will work well in a small venue and please older audiences.

Salute was a big production album and it would have been sad for several of the songs if they had been squashed onto a small stage. Fingers crossed there will be a DVD of the London O2 show which will have all the big effects. That could help win back some of the international fans pissed off they aren't getting to see them.

Unless they are doing serious promo work in the US in Q1 next year I don't see any reason for the album to not be released in all markets in November. There will be more competition so it won't chart brilliantly in the US but it might sell more copies. The girls are after all now free to do promo in places like Japan and Australia - and hopefully Europe - in September and October.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only one here in Scotland is in Edinburgh but I'm in Glasgow so it's only like a 45min drive :)

We usually go and get a box full hahaa :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they are doing serious promo work in the US in Q1 next year I don't see any reason for the album to not be released in all markets in November. There will be more competition so it won't chart brilliantly in the US but it might sell more copies. The girls are after all now free to do promo in places like Japan and Australia - and hopefully Europe - in September and October.

I've never figured out why the same strategy that drives their Q4 schedule, grabbing holiday sales, they dont apply to the US market, especially when the label seems so desirous of making an impact there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FYI UKMix has estimated Salute in the US at 86,000.
    http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102025&start=375
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DNA 121K+
    Salute 86K+

Not bad US album sales, DNA did have Wings which sold 500K so it's album sales would be higher.

Salute had no big selling single in the US, so 86K is impressive.

I just need Columbia to get the balance right with the girls.

- It's also interesting to know how the public can tell when certain artists are forcing a certain image? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never figured out why the same strategy that drives their Q4 schedule, grabbing holiday sales, they dont apply to the US market, especially when the label seems so desirous of making an impact there.

Salute and DNA were delayed due to promo weren't they? The strategy of releasing Salute during the Demi tour and when the girls did those mixers meet and greet / mall performances for DNA. If the US tour had gone ahead I thought they might start the promo for the 3rd album then. So this Christmas the only reason to delay would be if Columbia don't want to release a radio single Q4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Problem has gone to number 1 in the UK without Ariana coming to the UK. if the girls wanna go down the Pop/RnB I hope its a similar route to her. Ariana last album was one of the best albums that I heard from people her age last year.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, when do you guys think is the earliest we'll get the first single? Or start hearing music? I really hope they don't leave things too late the way I feel they did with Move. I'm hoping that we'll have a first single lined up by September to release mid-month at the latest but maybe I'm being too greedy/hasty.

Loads of artists put out singles even if the full album isn't done, right?
This discussion has been closed.