Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is #40 in the midweeks.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute is #40 in the midweeks.

Still on Capital FM playlist which I think is impressive. Shows it's a great choice for a summer single.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No recording or writing today they are off to the funfair! for Perrie`s birthday.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    They might have done studio time today like they did last year and then have the funfair tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I see Problem has gone to number 1 in the UK without Ariana coming to the UK. if the girls wanna go down the Pop/RnB I hope its a similar route to her. Ariana last album was one of the best albums that I heard from people her age last year.

I have to agree. I think Ariana's debut album is a great example of how to do pop/rnb right now in this current music scene. I think 'Mr Loverboy' was a hint in that direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are hating on Perrie again because apparently Perrie had a confederate flag at her birthday bash.

http://pandjscurry.tumblr.com/post/91280225279/perrie-with-zayn-and-a-child-today-at-her-party

I think they mean the one in front of the black car.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read a few times on Twitter that Zayn rented the funfair so that has nothing to do with Pez but again I'm not surprised. There's a guy that lives around the corner from me who has that flag on their car and I knew a biker from college who said the flag isn't what people think. Tbh I've never taken the time to research what it means mainly because it's an American thing. I've heard bad and good things.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are hating on Perrie again because apparently Perrie had a confederate flag at her birthday bash.

http://pandjscurry.tumblr.com/post/91280225279/perrie-with-zayn-and-a-child-today-at-her-party

i'm amazed at how far some of these kids reach, they're going to strain themselves finding things to slam people with
    DreC wrote: »
    I've read a few times on Twitter that Zayn rented the funfair so that has nothing to do with Pez but again I'm not surprised. There's a guy that lives around the corner from me who has that flag on their car and I knew a biker from college who said the flag isn't what people think. Tbh I've never taken the time to research what it means mainly because it's an American things. I've heard bad and good things.

I don't think any non-Americans at the fair will know what it is. The owner of the stall probably just bought it with a lot of western props.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm amazed at how far some of these kids reach, they're going to strain themselves finding things to slam people with

I don't think any non-Americans at the fair will know what it is. The owner of the stall probably just bought it with a lot of western props.

Their was a wild west ride.

Found a better picture of the flag, http://littlemix-styleblog.tumblr.com/image/91296869230
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member

I agree, it might just be shameful ignorance on my part but I just had to Google it to find out it's significance.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holte139 wrote: »
    I agree, it might just be shameful ignorance on my part but I just had to Google it to find out it's significance.

It's not shameful ignorance, we don't really learn about it in the UK it's not our history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    It's not shameful ignorance, we don't really learn about it in the UK it's not our history.

It would have been more useful to me than algebra! :D
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But I know about the Royalists and the Roundheads! Or is it Cavaliers and Roundheads. Whatever.

Kind of weird that the fair proprietor used a Confederate flag for a Wild West prop. I guess it depends which part of the West they were referencing. And what that would have to do with Perrie is ludicrous.

They should get something for the muscle strain of overreaching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But I know about the Royalists and the Roundheads! Or is it Cavaliers and Roundheads. Whatever.

Both! Royalists and Cavaliers are/were the same thing. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wasnt sure how they were more popularly referred as. Or as I like to think, the Party People vs. the Wet Blankets.
    It would have been more useful to me than algebra! :D

Do you realize every time you figure out price per weight unit or something like that, you are doing algebra? Its true. So when you go get food next time and try to figure out what those apples cost, think of what a genius you are.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope people agree with me on this.

With DNA and Salute both being released months later in the US than the UK (DNA in May and Salute in February) then quite a lot of the fans in the US will naturally want their hands on the album when it was first released here (November) so I can imagine quite a few people illegally downloading it, streaming it etc.

They need to release the third album at the same time across the world so everyone will buy it! I mean, DNA sold over 100k in the US but just think how many people there illegally downloaded it, heard it all off youtube and put it on their ipod and didn't bother buying it when it was released? Casual fans I can imagine doing this and only the hardcore fans who would actually buy the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With DNA and Salute both being released months later in the US than the UK (DNA in May and Salute in February) then quite a lot of the fans in the US will naturally want their hands on the album when it was first released here (November) so I can imagine quite a few people illegally downloading it, streaming it etc.

They need to release the third album at the same time across the world so everyone will buy it!

Some of us have been thinking they should release WW since DNA.
    Salute and DNA were delayed due to promo weren't they? The strategy of releasing Salute during the Demi tour and when the girls did those mixers meet and greet / mall performances for DNA.

I was thinking about this. I could see the reasoning behind the Wings/DNA strategy, but as its been pointed out by many, it didnt work for Salute and I hope and pray that Columbia doesnt think to do it AGAIN with the third album and potential US tour. The fans will buy it right away. The promo when the girls are here for the tour should be for the general public to make new fans, so its not going to hurt to release in the Fall. The GP who dont know about them wouldnt be buying it then anyway. Release everywhere in the Fall to get holiday sales from everybody.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kind of weird that the fair proprietor used a Confederate flag for a Wild West prop. I guess it depends which part of the West they were referencing. And what that would have to do with Perrie is ludicrous.

It's the flag of the secessionist South, not much to do with the Wild West really.
    I remember Lynyrd Skynrd using it as a backdrop to emphasis their southern credentials.
    I guess it has come to represent a certain reactionary, possibly racist strain within US society. I'm not sure that is fair. I always think 'Sweet Home Alabama' when I see it.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope people agree with me on this.

They need to release the third album at the same time across the world so everyone will buy it! I mean, DNA sold over 100k in the US but just think how many people there illegally downloaded it, heard it all off youtube and put it on their ipod and didn't bother buying it when it was released? Casual fans I can imagine doing this and only the hardcore fans who would actually buy the album.

Interesting. How do you think the third album is going to be promoted in the USA?
    I can't wait for the interviews. So this is the album which you cancelled the US tour to produce? How are you going to promote this album in America, then? You know US XF has been axed? Will there be a live tour?

Little Mix will be lucky to get the US core fans for the next album, expect an entry point outside the top ten. Or need a single of 'what makes you beautiful' proportions.
    Do Little Mix have a 'Bootylicious' in them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    It's the flag of the secessionist South, not much to do with the Wild West really.

I'm kind of aware of that, being a native Californian (who sided with the North during the Civil War, btw). Maybe they were thinking of Texas. For some reason I never think of Texas as being part of the West, its just....Texas.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one learns about US history around the world, let alone cares deeply about it except for maybe superficially the Civil Rights movement. And why should we? Most American's probably don't even know their own history and good portion of Americans don't know anything about other countries. It strikes me as obnoxiously navel-gazey that some of these kids will post 1000-word rants about racism on Perrie (not Zayn who paid for the thing, hm, I wonder why). That portion of the 1d fandom never fails to disappoint. By that, I mean it never fails to be disappointingly awful. They were going in on Perrie earlier in the day for even having a fun fair because it was too 'immature' and 'why can't she be like everyone else and want to get wasted on her 21st.' And I think I've seen a couple of posts claiming her headband in recent insta pictures is cultural appropriation. So embarrassing and transparent.
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Little Mix will be lucky to get the US core fans for the next album, expect an entry point outside the top ten. Or need a single of 'what makes you beautiful' proportions.
    Do Little Mix have a 'Bootylicious' in them?

I hope so. I think the lead single (hopefully two lead singles) are going to have to be hits of that proportion. They can't afford to do anything less, competition is tight with a handful of girl groups really stepping up. I know they like to be daring and think out of the box but hopefully this time they can do that and put out a single that blows everything else out of the water. /no pressure
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It strikes me as obnoxiously navel-gazey that some of these kids will post 1000-word rants about racism on Perrie (not Zayn who paid for the thing, hm, I wonder why). That portion of the 1d fandom never fails to disappoint. By that, I mean it never fails to be disappointingly awful. They were going in on Perrie earlier in the day for even having a fun fair because it was too 'immature' and 'why can't she be like everyone else and want to get wasted on her 21st.' And I think I've seen a couple of posts claiming her headband in recent insta pictures is cultural appropriation. So embarrassing and transparent.

Some of those ranting against Perrie have been Little Mix fans.
    They can't afford to do anything less

Didnt they say in the Livestream that they still want to write inspiring ballads?
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of those ranting against Perrie have been Little Mix fans.

Oh I'm sure but the ones who've been practically frothing at the mouth looking for something to complain about are all bitter Zayn fans.
    Didnt they say in the Livestream that they still want to write inspiring ballads?

Jesy side-eyed that. She wants bangers, she wants bops. And hey, if they produce an inspiring ballad that has the resonance of Christina Aguilera's Beautiful, then more power to them (just god, don't make it a single unless it's really worth it).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    That flag is extremely offensive to us African Americans, especially us Southern African Americans who have to see it on a daily basis. Any White Southerner who gives you a long winded explanation about why it isn't about slavery and racism is full of it.
This discussion has been closed.