124»

Comments

• Options
    Oxygen78Oxygen78 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Correct!

So people just need to get #4 now :)

Good stuff!
    That cames from one of my favourite Apprentice episodes. Mainly due to the ineptness of the boys with their Italian pub theme. Kevin explaining to the pub's chef about his cooking ideas is Apprentice 'I can't watch this car crash' gold. Then they serve up half pizza's as they ran out of ingredients.
    In fact, that's a really good series as it also has the trip to Marrakesh with the Kosher chicken mistake. Is it that episode where Lord Sugar fires the first candidate then looks at them all and just says 'Right, who's next?'. Love it. :D
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Oxygen78 wrote: »
    Good stuff!
    That cames from one of my favourite Apprentice episodes. Mainly due to the ineptness of the boy's with their Italian pub theme. Kevin explaining to the pub's chef about his cooking ideas is Apprentice 'I can't watch this car crash' gold. Then they serve up half pizza's as they ran out of ingredients.
    In fact, that's a really good series as it also has the trip to Marrakesh with the Kosher chicken mistake. Is it that episode where Lord Sugar fires the first candidate then looks at them all and just says 'Right, who's next?'. Love it. :D

It's certainly an extremely entertaining series... However, the candidates were very inept and lots of them were quite nasty... I said a few days ago it was my favourite series, but then certain people made me feel very immoral for feeling like that :) I've kind of gone off it, because I've seen it quite a lot - I watched the whole series in about four days this week :D

That's such an obscure quote, but it has just always stuck in my mind :)
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    My Uni course is over, so I would like to announce that The Apprentice Quotes Quiz II will be coming very soon! You'll need to give me a couple of days, as they are a lot of work to put together, but I intend to get it done within the next week.

Also, as I choose my quotes at random, there is in theory a possibility that some of the quotes may be the same as in the first one, but the number of quotes available make the odds of that rather slim.
    It's certainly an extremely entertaining series... However, the candidates were very inept and lots of them were quite nasty... I said a few days ago it was my favourite series, but then certain people made me feel very immoral for feeling like that :) I've kind of gone off it, because I've seen it quite a lot - I watched the whole series in about four days this week :D

That's such an obscure quote, but it has just always stuck in my mind :)

Sorry if I make you feel immoral! I think that you and I just have different ideas about what we appreciate in a series, because Series 8, which you seem to hate, was one of my favourites! That's fine though, that's what this forum is for. Hope you enjoy the next quiz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Uni course is over, so I would like to announce that The Apprentice Quotes Quiz II will be coming very soon! You'll need to give me a couple of days, as they are a lot of work to put together, but I intend to get it done within the next week.

Also, as I choose my quotes at random, there is in theory a possibility that some of the quotes may be the same as in the first one, but the number of quotes available make the odds of that rather slim.

Sorry if I make you feel immoral! I think that you and I just have different ideas about what we appreciate in a series, because Series 8, which you seem to hate, was one of my favourites! That's fine though, that's what this forum is for. Hope you enjoy the next quiz.

Its alright haha that comment was fairly tongue-in-cheek :D

Looking forward to your quiz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry that I haven't completed the next quiz yet, I've been a bit busy. Aiming to get it done this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is going to take longer, the reason being that the producers are now really cracking down. It's really hard to find some of the episodes (mostly Series 3 and 4) on YouTube, due to copyright claims. If anyone could help me with that, that would be much appreciated. Until further notice, the second Apprentice Quotes Quiz is postponed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is going to take longer, the reason being that the producers are now really cracking down. It's really hard to find some of the episodes (mostly Series 3 and 4) on YouTube, due to copyright claims. If anyone could help me with that, that would be much appreciated. Until further notice, the second Apprentice Quotes Quiz is postponed.

Have any of my videos been blocked?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have any of my videos been blocked?

Yes, your first couple of Series 3 ones. I'm not sure if there are any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no! That's rubbish! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no! That's rubbish! :(

Can you re-upload them? Maybe make them unlisted and post the link on your channel, so it's harder for Fremantle to find?

By the way, are you still doing DSA? You apparently weren't there on the first task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you re-upload them? Maybe make them unlisted and post the link on your channel, so it's harder for Fremantle to find?

By the way, are you still doing DSA? You apparently weren't there on the first task.

I would consider it, but uploading is quite time-consuming, and just general hassle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would consider it, but uploading is quite time-consuming, and just general hassle.

Well, how am I going to create the next quiz then? :confused:

Could you upload them and make them unlisted, just posting the link in here so people can find them? There would be less chance of the producers finding them then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, how am I going to create the next quiz then? :confused:

Could you upload them and make them unlisted, just posting the link in here so people can find them? There would be less chance of the producers finding them then.

Do you have any idea how bad that sounded?! :D

Sorry, I'm not going to spend hours of time uploading Apprentice episodes so that you can create a quiz to go on DS for fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you have any idea how bad that sounded?! :D

Sorry, I'm not going to spend hours of time uploading Apprentice episodes so that you can create a quiz to go on DS for fun.

That is obviously not the only reason I want them up. The main reason is naturally just because I enjoy having them at my fingertips whenever I feel like it, but creating the quiz is a secondary reason, and I thought that that would contain more incentive for you to help me out with it.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it so time-consuming for you? I've uploaded YouTube videos... I know it takes a long time, but doesn't your computer just get on with it once you've started?
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's five quotes I knocked up ;)

#4. [Candidate X and Y] were very adament that it was all about the [inanimate object]. I'm quite disappointed with their reaction, sort of laughing at it but it's got some good selling points and we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I hope that's not too difficult but not too easy ;)

I know i'm extremely late with this :D but i'm pretty sure I know number 4
    This is Tom Pellereau talking about Melody and Leon's reaction to the teapot light in the selling task in France (Tom wanted to pick the child backpack/car seat).

I particularly like that episode because of Susan's weird questions about French people :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    annie24601 wrote: »
    I know i'm extremely late with this :D but i'm pretty sure I know number 4
    This is Tom Pellereau talking about Melody and Leon's reaction to the teapot light in the selling task in France (Tom wanted to pick the child backpack/car seat).

I particularly like that episode because of Susan's weird questions about French people :)

I'm afraid you're wrong... I published all the answers a while back, it's
    James McCullagh from YA2 talking about La Popcorn

There was going to be a second one of these, but lots of Series 3 and 4 have been taken down from YouTube now, and it spoils it a bit if some series are off-limits (I chose all of the quotes completely at random, using a number generator, to make it fair). If they ever become available again, I'll work on another if I have time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm afraid you're wrong... I published all the answers a while back, it's
    James McCullagh from YA2 talking about La Popcorn

There was going to be a second one of these, but lots of Series 3 and 4 have been taken down from YouTube now, and it spoils it a bit if some series are off-limits (I chose all of the quotes completely at random, using a number generator, to make it fair). If they ever become available again, I'll work on another if I have time.

No, she was quoting from mine... And she was correct.

I am not sure why making these quizzes takes so long for you :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, she was quoting from mine... And she was correct.

I am not sure why making these quizzes takes so long for you :confused:

Oh, I'm sorry, my bad! I'd forgotten about yours. Teach me to respond to things without thinking about them :p

It is a lot of work to compile a list of twenty randomly selected quotes, and I have Uni work as well. I can do it, usually over a couple of days, but the last time I got around to it loads of the episodes had been taken down, and I want to be able to use quotes from any and all episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone

I've been thinking about the second quotes quiz for a while now. It's about a year since I did the first one, so I think it's about time to do it.

I will need Tom's help with the episodes that are currently missing from YouTube, but we've been talking about this, so if all goes to plan, The Apprentice Quotes Quiz II should be along in a couple of weeks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have created a Dailymotion account and will start uploading Series 3 soon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have created a Dailymotion account and will start uploading Series 3 soon :)

You're a lege! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, this isn't going to happen for a while, due to both technical reasons and Tom's and my lack of time. (Genuinely sorry about this - it will be done as soon as it physically can, but may have to wait until the summer now.) :(