sharon and joey

rr22rr22 Posts: 7,621
Forum Member
Does anyone agree the producers should make sharon have an unstable affair with joey and give her a mrs robinson style story and then refuse to get married?

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    It certainly is heading that way.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    Oh good I hope the producers will go for it and not entangle her with phil but joey instead. Is she to be paired up with phil again it would be more creative to link her character to david witts
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the new Dennis so why not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, aside from the fact that he loves Lauren, yeah why not :rolleyes:

But then again this is EE.
    He could fall into anyone's arms that boy. first it was kirsty, now sharon. Sharing a few scenes with your boss doesn't mean its indicative of an affair.
    Forum Member
    I think viewers would go for it given some of the scenes with them lately and it would be a bit more sensational than some of the stories lately. Shes such a well loved character. But quite interesting when shes played quite vunerable as well. Think she would play a good drunk in the show. There's a touch of angie watts when letitia plays her character with a more helpless story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    I think viewers would go for it given some of the scenes with them lately and it would be a bit more sensational than some of the stories lately. Shes such a well loved character. But quite interesting when shes played quite vunerable as well. Think she would play a good drunk in the show. There's a touch of angie watts when letitia plays her character with a more helpless story.

sorry, what scenes? :cool:
    They've been employer-employee scenes nothing more.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    Er, aside from the fact that he loves Lauren, yeah why not :rolleyes:

But then again this is EE.
    He could fall into anyone's arms that boy. first it was kirsty, now sharon. Sharing a few scenes with your boss doesn't mean its indicative of an affair.

they could drop joey and lauren anytime they wanted look at kim/ray
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time I ever like Joey is when he has scenes with Sharon. They have good chemistry together. Far better than what they have with their onscreen partners Jack and Lauren. When I first saw a picture of Joey I remember thinking he looked like Dennis and wondered if Sharon would think so when she met him. Shack and Jauren are pants. I'd much rather see Shoey:p
    Forum Member
    Yeah but if that could be built upon. Just there was a mild spark when she was telling what to do and how to run the bar etc. I wondered if that could be built on and perhaps him trying to gain control of the club. I agree both characters come to life when paired in scenes. His character deadens quite alot with laurens character and I dont believe scott maslen's acting when he is doing scenes with letitia or talking about her character. His pairing with ronnie was very believable perhaps down to the actors were good friends but I dont get the same on screen chemistry with sharon. I agree joey is also similar to dennis and therefore sharon would be attracted by him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they could drop joey and lauren anytime they wanted look at kim/ray

but there's been real emphasis on him actually loving a girl for the first time, as alice said 'you'v finally found someone' I think it would be ludicrous for him to fall for anyone else now, other than a one night stand.

Lucy's apparently still lurking around according to character profile on enders website, so joey/sharon wouldnt happen anyway.

Isn't the phil/jack love triangle not enough for these ee writers :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    but there's been real emphasis on him actually loving a girl for the first time, as alice said 'you'v finally found someone' I think it would be ludicrous for him to fall for anyone else now, other than a one night stand.

Lucy's apparently still lurking around according to character profile on enders website, so joey/sharon wouldnt happen anyway.

Isn't the phil/jack love triangle not enough for these ee writers :rolleyes:

joey has only been in the show for less than a year.

they dont update those as much we havent seen any scenes with lucy still hanging around and shes had that small cancer story
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,180
    Forum Member
    Anyone who buys into the fact Joey and Lauren love each other needs their head examining. Lauren only loves herself. Joey only loves himself. There relationship is doomed, it's not Walfords answer to Romeo and Juliet, it's Walfords answer to a very badly written mills and boon book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time I ever like Joey is when he has scenes with Sharon. They have good chemistry together. Far better than what they have with their onscreen partners Jack and Lauren. When I first saw a picture of Joey I remember thinking he looked like Dennis and wondered if Sharon would think so when she met him. Shack and Jauren are pants. I'd much rather see Shoey:p

I agree they do have chemistry, but just to the nature of their relationship, and David witts has mentioned he gets on well with Letitia Dean so i presume its down to that :)
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Anyone who buys into the fact Joey and Lauren love each other needs their head examining. Lauren only loves herself. Joey only loves himself. There relationship is doomed, it's not Walfords answer to Romeo and Juliet, it's Walfords answer to a very badly written mills and boon book.

i think they were meant to love each other but it really doesnt come across like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joey has only been in the show for less than a year.

they dont update those as much we havent seen any scenes with lucy still hanging around and shes had that small cancer story

actually mona, its been recently updated :) them bits have been added. to both Joey and Lauren's profiles.
    Forum Member
    actually mona, its been recently updated :) them bits have been added. to both Joey and Lauren's profiles.

ah i dont read those ones lol mm maybe but it would be stupid lucy has just been ruined
    Forum Member
    i think they were meant to love each other but it really doesnt come across like that.

Because the characters are so unlikable, thats why.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why? I certainly think, especially after the crash, the scenes in december, portrayed the emotional attachment, which is not Joey's style. I think its pretty clear that Lucy.Whitney were abit of fun and that he loves Lauren.
    Yes I know it was rushed but EE have told us they do so.
    Forum Member
    Because the characters are so unlikable, thats why.

i could believe it in their affair storyline but not so much now
    Forum Member
    why? I certainly think, especially after the crash, the scenes in december, portrayed the emotional attachment, which is not Joey's style. I think its pretty clear that Lucy.Whitney were abit of fun and that he loves Lauren.

as i posted ^ i did believe they did love each other then but now all you see is them kissing sleeping together etc things were different when they had the affair and now its out in the open it doesnt seem to be much more than a fling. even lauren herself said she wasnt sure if she loved joey
    Forum Member

It's not clear at all that they love each other. If Joey loved Lauren he'd be trying to show her that alcohol is not the answer to all her problems, he'd be encouraging her to make a life for herself. What he is doing instead is just screwing her.

Lauren and Joey don't connect on any emotional level, it's all about the sexual attraction with them and nothing more.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only scenes in which Joey has acted like a normal young guy and not a messed up weirdo are the scenes in which he's interacted with Sharon in the club. A grand total of about 2 scenes since he joined. What are they playing at with this character and do people really find psycho obsessed weirdos attractive? Joey needs to be developed away from his incestuous fixations on Lauren and, yes, Alice! It's so weird to me that he's supposed to be the hunk of the square yet he's such a freak. He generally lacks warmth, personality or a sense of humour apart from those couple of scenes with Sharon. A very strange character in need of development in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    It's not clear at all that they love each other. If Joey loved Lauren he'd be trying to show her that alcohol is not the answer to all her problems, he'd be encouraging her to make a life for herself. What he is doing instead is just screwing her.

Lauren and Joey don't connect on any emotional level, it's all about the sexual attraction with them and nothing more.

and jacq (sorry i cant spell her full name) did say lauren doesnt drink when shes with joey but she still does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i could believe it in their affair storyline but not so much now

Is there any couple who's scenes are always emotional though? its obvious that because they had plenty screen time in nov/dec/beginning of jan, so they are in the background for a period now. That doesn't mean its a fling, EE are obviously showing them as a fun-loving couple (calm before the storm with her drinking where I guess we'll see whether he truly loves her)

You cant suppose they dont love each other now because there hasnt been much screen time for them.
    Forum Member
    Is there any couple who's scenes are always emotional though? its obvious that because they had plenty screen time in nov/dec/beginning of jan, so they are in the background for a period now. That doesn't prove that they dont love each other now

IMO any couple that is just based on sex or lust is not real love i thought they did at the start but now thats all it seems to be there is no depth