Mandy to leave Corrie

rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
Forum Member
Apols if this has already been posted, but actress Pamela Novete, who played Mandy Kamara, has not had her year contract renewed, and has left the street!

Somebody wished her happy one year anniversary on Twitter to which she replied, marked the end of her time on Corrie!

I have to say THANK YOU to SB, because i was not a fan of the character, or the way she spoke! Seems as if Jenna has stayed on though.

Pamela's twitter

Comments

• PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from the Coronation St. Blog

I think it's the right decision, her character has never really gelled in that well with the rest of the street
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems as if Jenna has stayed on though.

.... i.e. With one hand they giveth, whilst the other hand taketh away.... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm...I kind of liked her behind the bar but I found her irritating throughout this racist storyline, and was never nice to her daughter. Meh, I won't miss her once she goes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to thank Stuart Blackburn. Another good decision.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I don't mind Jenna, I think perhaps with Mandy gone, she will have more room to grow into her own character, and build a better relationship with her dad.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as though they gave Mandy a chance. She could have ended up being one of those epic really surprising characters who you end up loving but would never have considered ever liking to begin with. Now we'll never know:rolleyes:
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I actually really dislike Jenna (and Sophie) but really like Mandy - I think she's very unique because she's a real woman! She has feist and attitude and I always liked that.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unexpected news. The writing was on the wall when she disappeared for a few months when she'd only just joined. The way Mandy and Jenna were suddenly crowbarred into Lloyd's life never worked. Lloyd didn't need a family and there's no chemistry between him and Mandy.
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Jenna seems to be very humourless and sappy.
  • NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely delighted to read this.

Ghastly character - very poor actress.

Hopefully her equally dreadful daughter will go with her.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats it!

End Corrie now, I mean we can cope with the likes of Ken, Kevin, Hayley going but Mandy is everything about Coronation Street, her exit is going to be so felt everywhere. I dont think i'll be able to watch the show again now this legend of a character is on her way out!!.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Shame, they could have done much more with the character than to make her mean ( can't believe she didn't buy Lloyd a cake the other day) and angry, missed opportunity I think.

And I disagree with the comment that Lloyd didn't need a family, I think he needed and deserved one, but unfortunately the one he got wasn't great. Disappointed. :(
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasn't given a chance to shine. IMO she is a lot better than Anthony Cotton.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    they should have her trapped in a burning building and perishing in a fire because the local fireman has been sacked because of all the allegations about him...
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah!

One piece of deadwood going, hope the others follow.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dead dog could act and be a better character than Anthony Woodentop Cotton.
  • Caza_BellowCaza_Bellow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect to see ratings fall enormously once she leaves! By far the most iconic character to have ever graced the cobbles! :cry: I am deeply saddened by this unfortunate news!

Her tortoise episode was just moving, I've never witnessed such harrowing scenes from a British Actress in all my life!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with those who'll be sorry to see her go. My feeling is that, if she'd been given a decent plotline and script, she could have turned out to be a great actress.

Unlike some, who've had storylines lavished on them, and just show up their deficiencies. Take a bow, sean, maria and michelle,

Just my opinion, of course.
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect to see ratings fall enormously once she leaves! By far the most iconic character to have ever graced the cobbles! :cry: I am deeply saddened by this unfortunate news!

Her tortoise episode was just moving, I've never witnessed such harrowing scenes from a British Actress in all my life!

On a train and have just read the above and just burst out laughing :D:D:D funniest thing I have heard in a while.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    She never fitted in really. I can't imagine her and Lloyd ever having "a past" previous to them appearing on the street.

If you're going to bring in long-lost families, or partners into a soap to connect with established characters you have to make it believable that the established character would have been with them in the past - I cannot imagine Lloyd ever being with such a moany old trout when he was younger if I'm honest.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the **** in! :D
  • Caza_BellowCaza_Bellow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    On a train and have just read the above and just burst out laughing :D:D:D funniest thing I have heard in a while.

I bet you got a few raised eyebrows, especially if the train was quiet! Happens me all of the time when I'm in a quiet waiting room whilst doing the rounds on these forums! :D

I expect to see a tribute episode, if not.....Oh the outrage!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes good sense. She was brought in on a 12 month contract. She's had her 12 months and it didn't work out, (mainly because absolutely NOBODY believed in an intimate relationship between her and Lloyd. OK, I know Lloyd is pretty desperate, but come on! She looked old enough to be his mother and had all the charm of a cornered rat:rolleyes:
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you got a few raised eyebrows, especially if the train was quiet! Happens me all of the time when I'm in a quiet waiting room whilst doing the rounds on these forums! :D

I expect to see a tribute episode, if not.....Oh the outrage!

I did get a few funny looks but cheered me up.

I expect them to have all her episodes shown on itv2 as a tribute to her, as well as a farewell Mandy show.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOO!!! :cry::cry::cry:

That's Corrie finished for me now then. Mandy is its shining light.