Options

What is with Lauren and Lucy's matching outfits?

BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Haven't seen this mentioned on here as of yet, but seriously WHAT is the deal with that? In a lot of episodes recently they've both been wearing exactly the same blouse and suit, and quite frankly it just looks ridiculous! Is this a mess up by the costume department or a clue to Lucy's death?

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to me it just looks like they are wearing a uniform to work, I dont find anything ridiculous about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but it's the exact same outfit! And they've worn it every episode for the past couple of weeks, surely they have other clothes.
  • Options
    Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Its work uniform for gods sake
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who wears a uniform in a letting office though? It's Asda or high school.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    to me it just looks like they are wearing a uniform to work, I dont find anything ridiculous about it
    Baban wrote: »
    Yes but it's the exact same outfit! And they've worn it every episode for the past couple of weeks, surely they have other clothes.

Uniforms tend to be "the same outfit" of course.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I think it was used to highlight how much Lucy is like a daughter to Max and to emphasize how naughty their relationship is..
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's their Business Suits. They wear them to show us they are Doing Business.

Charity Sharma Dingle wears similar Business Blazer to indicate she is doing, has just done or is about to Do Business.

I like it. Nice touch for their new business. Although Lucy looked looked she'd left the coat hanger in hers the other night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who find it odd that they wear matching clothes then?:confused:
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

I really do not see your problem.

It is corporate wear.
    They are running a business, and want to promote themselves as a 'brand.'

All the estate agencies/letting agencies around here have corporate wear for their staff.

What do you expect? For them to turn up at a presentation wearing jeans and a hoodie?
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Needless nitpicking, its their work uniform!
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Work uniforms as everyone has said. Call me a nitpicker, :p but I think the uniforms would look more professional with the shirts tucked in. To me it looks a bit too casual with them out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was used to highlight how much Lucy is like a daughter to Max and to emphasize how naughty their relationship is..

Thats what I thought - the same as this - it won't be long before Max starts getting Luce and Lauren confused in their "doing bizniz" attire.

Plus Lauren gave Max a really cheeky look the other day (I can't have been the only person who noticed this) - the dirty dog will be getting them mixed up alright, soon enough (whether they're wearing tight trousers and blazers, or not!!!)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

of course they do otherwise they wouldnt be a uniform :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    of course they do otherwise they wouldnt be a uniform :confused:
    Quite.

You must have missed the ironic sarcasm in my post!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of Keyser's fantasies slipped into the script!
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks better on Lauren. It's just a work suit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Think the OP meant that they've been wearing exactly the same outfit for 2 weeks now and they haven't changed out of it, into anything else. That was my take on it, anyway.

Therefore, they must be stinking now.

Unless they have multiple outfits which are just pretty much identical, or just look the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the OP meant that they've been wearing exactly the same outfit for 2 weeks now and they haven't changed out of it, into anything else. That was my take on it, anyway.

Unless they have multiple outfits which are just pretty much identical, or just look the same.

or maybe they wasn the suits ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or maybe they wasn the suits ??

What wasn't the suits? Don't understand the point you're making, sorry.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be because Lucy only dies because of mistaken identity - Lauren was meant to be killed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Lucy's blood gets on it and Lauren takes the wrong one and becomes a police suspect in Lucy's death.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you not understand the concept of a work uniform?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Could it be because Lucy only dies because of mistaken identity - Lauren was meant to be killed?

Anyone who wants to get to lovely Lauren will have to go through me first >:(>:( Or Lucy, apparently :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or they have sent them to the Launderette for a quick "Dot Cotton Service Wash".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or they have sent them to the Launderette for a quick "Dot Cotton Service Wash".

Yep - they could've done that - that is always a possibility, but even that quick would mean that they would have more than one suit.

They'd be strutting about in the altogether otherwise lol (which wouldn't be a bad thing IMO).