Options

Walsh and Thornton Ex-X Factor

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone like Emma Bunton would make a good judge I think. She has the experience of the industry, yet the knowledge about what is popular. Plus I think she could be good at the mentor side of things - unlike Simon who at times seems to have no regard for his acts.

However, obviously with her being pregnant, it wouldn't be very convenient for her to do this series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if there's gonna be two judges, one of them will more than likely by one of idol judges, probably Paula as Jackson would to busy as record producer.

btw Ronan Keating is the favourite to replace Walsh according Paddy power!!
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    puzz wrote:
    if there's gonna be two judges, one of them will more than likely by one of idol judges, probably Paula as Jackson would to busy as record producer.

btw Ronan Keating is the favourite to replace Walsh according Paddy power!!

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPECIALS&ev_class_id=72&ev_type_id=7182&ev_oc_grp_ids=45112#link_819298
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Pete Waterman to replace Louis, Ant & Dec to replace Kate, & have Niki Chapman or Dr Fox as the fourth judge.

No, hang on, wait a minute......... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    here's a turn-up for the books. new presenter is tipped to be Jackie O from Australian Princess.
    she also did Aussie Pop Idol apparently.
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Jackie O?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like she is a "celebrity" from australia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    According to tomorrow's Daily Star, Chris Moyles is one of the new X-Factor stars. Whether he will be a judge or the host remains to be seen...
  • Options
    LoubeeLoubee Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, I liked Louis, and Kate actually!

They should bump up Ben Shepherd to the show, he's lovely, cheeky, and utterly wasted on ITV2!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Thornyton and Magic Roundabout Brian the Snail, sorry, Louis Walsh should go and co-present a show together somewhere far away where the satellite reception is unfortunately patchy.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, no, no, to lowering the age to 14.
    I remember the 2005 X-Factor when a young blond lad (Trevor?) got through to the final 7 in the 16-25s. I thought he had a lovely voice, and was disappointed that he didn't make the final cut. But he was devastated, so how much harder would it have been for him if he'd been the first to have been voted off the actual show? I think he was only 16, and I decided in the end that he was too nice to be thrust into the jungle of the X-Factor.
    If anything the age should be raised to 18 or even 20, by which time those who know that they want to spend their life singing, as opposed to those who just think that if they can only get on TV that fortune and fame are only a day away, will have spent at least a couple of years gaining experience in the business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Kate was OK as host, but more ITV2 than ITV1. Zoe Ball would be a good replacement, but PLEASE not Halliwell, Bunton or any other dim-witted ex-pop stars.
    Louis and Simon had become stale, like two ageing panto dames bickering and ending all their insults with "darling!" Someone young and gobby would be a good replacement, Chris Moyles is worth thinking about. But definitely NOT Paula Abdul - ditchwater dull as guest judge - and WHY have 4 judges? It totally upsets the balance of the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    nelliek wrote:
    No, no, no, to lowering the age to 14.
    I remember the 2005 X-Factor when a young blond lad (Trevor?) got through to the final 7 in the 16-25s. I thought he had a lovely voice, and was disappointed that he didn't make the final cut. But he was devastated, so how much harder would it have been for him if he'd been the first to have been voted off the actual show? I think he was only 16, and I decided in the end that he was too nice to be thrust into the jungle of the X-Factor.
    If anything the age should be raised to 18 or even 20, by which time those who know that they want to spend their life singing, as opposed to those who just think that if they can only get on TV that fortune and fame are only a day away, will have spent at least a couple of years gaining experience in the business.
    And if a 14/15 yr old won, isn't there a law limiting the number of days they can work per year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop Idol was a much better show than X Factor. I hate the format of X Factor. I would watch it if Pete Waterman is brought in though as Pete is just gold. His banter with Simon in Pop Idol was brilliant.

There were rumours last year of Dermot O'Leary replacing Kate Thornton as host.
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pab wrote:
    Pop Idol was a much better show than X Factor. I hate the format of X Factor. I would watch it if Pete Waterman is brought in though as Pete is just gold. His banter with Simon in Pop Idol was brilliant.

There were rumours last year of Dermot O'Leary replacing Kate Thornton as host.

You hit the nail on the head there, I totally agree with that. Pete is brilliant, he really is.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proves what bullshit the judges come out with if they're lowering the age to 14.
    Because on previous series they have been heard to say several times that a particular singer who is only 16 is too young to handle the pressure.

If they told us that a 16 year old was too young to handle the pressure of the show then why should we believe them to be honest in their opinions if they now lower the admission age to 14?
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Loubee wrote:
    Awww, I liked Louis, and Kate actually!

They should bump up Ben Shepherd to the show, he's lovely, cheeky, and utterly wasted on ITV2!

That's a bit irresponsible of him, being utterly wasted on ITV2. I know not many people watch, but he should make more of an effort to maintain his composure.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote:
    Sharon and her family do the transatlantic celeb party rounds with Simon so it was almost inevitable that she was chosen over Louis who barely leaves the UK!
    Seeing as he lives in Ireland...words fail me.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kate Thornton was just......quite bland. All she did was just standing their wearing an awful dress very badly looking like a prom girl caught in the headlights everytime she was on. The way she also visibly took a deep breath before she started talking look amateur too
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote:
    Seeing as he lives in Ireland...words fail me.

Isn't Ireland part of the UK?
  • Options
    WeierstrassWeierstrass Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    14? I can see the flak they'll get already. Imagine the conflicts with school and so on. Seems an unneeded change to me.
  • Options
    'Sup'Sup Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote:
    Isn't Ireland part of the UK?

Not the Republic of Ireland, no. Northern Ireland is.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sup wrote:
    Not the Republic of Ireland, no. Northern Ireland is.

So Louis is from the Republic? My mistake as I thought he was from Northern Ireland hence the use of "UK" in my initial post. I should have said he barely "leaves the UK and The Republic of Ireland" :)
  • Options
    The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote:
    So Louis is from the Republic? My mistake as I thought he was from Northern Ireland hence the use of "UK" in my initial post. I should have said he barely "leaves the UK and The Republic of Ireland" :)
    If you meant Northern Ireland, then you should've said Northern Ireland. If you just say Ireland, people will always assume you mean the Rep. Ireland.
  • Options
    Chelsea97Chelsea97 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show needs people who are in touch with today's youth but still know the demands of the music industry - so I vote for Bruce Forsyth as the new host and Jimmy Saville to be on the judging panel.

Ohhhh and please could ITV move the show at least a month forward in the viewing schedules? No I'm not desperate to see the next series, I just don't want all the clowns who do watch it to dictate what the Xmas no 1 is going to be every year for the rest of my life. :mad: