Options

Ben & Paul- EE

2»

Comments

• Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the impression he was hired because he just happens to be gay in real life.

I'm sure I read an interview with him where he said he was straight. I was shocked!
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I want them to have a good romantic relationship not just getting physical although Im happy for that to carry on too!:D

No not wrapping up it needs developing and exploring properly.:)

I agree but Paul has not taken off as a character yet and EE dont seem to that interested in him, he is also been at times unfairly compared to Johnny Carter who was a very popular character on here.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I'm sure I read an interview with him where he said he was straight. I was shocked!

I was under the impression Johnny Labey is Gay.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I was under the impression Johnny Labey is Gay.

Yeah me too, hence my surprise :D
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I agree but Paul has not taken off as a character yet and EE dont seem to that interested in him, he is also been at times unfairly compared to Johnny Carter who was a very popular character on here.

It's so frustrating when they go to the trouble of signing people, introducing them with a splash and then largely forgetting about them and developing them >:(
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating when they go to the trouble of signing people, introducing them with a splash and then largely forgetting about them and developing them >:(

I agree Hilda,I don't mind slow burn but not always. When introducing a character, if it somebody meant to be liked, unlike for example Gavin, then you have to give the audience enough to warm to them and Paul really hasn't been given much material to work with outside his first two weeks.
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed that this storyline has been put in the back burner for so long. I was really interested in following the story of a young male struggling with his sexuality and it's never really been in the forefront for long:(
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this thing between us wouldn't last long. And its because of another man. Damn you Ben Mitchell for being so lovely and snapping up MyAaron :):p;-):D

I have added the bit you accidently missed out LM :(:p
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    When Ben and Paul were first sharing hot looks while Abi was semi aware and the two lads first got together it seemed like the story was going somewhere but now it seems to have fizzled out because the story lining for it seems to have fizzled out if you get what I mean? This story has been left behind while others take priority. New Ben (as oppose to NuBen) is played by a good actor and it'll be a shame if he's wasted. I don't want to see any more of Ben pushing Paul away either. Their story could be salvaged if it's explored and written well. It'll be a shame if it goes nowhere.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have added the bit you accidently missed out LM :(:p

It's fine Aaron. I have MyRobert to wake up to everyday.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Paul to be honest
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for Abi to find out. But that might not be for another 2 years the way they stretch out storylines in EE now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree Hilda,I don't mind slow burn but not always. When introducing a character, if it somebody meant to be liked, unlike for example Gavin, then you have to give the audience enough to warm to them and Paul really hasn't been given much material to work with outside his first two weeks.

Lets hope its rectified soon Im getting impatient on this one!
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    I've had a good look around the internet but haven't seen any interview where Jonny Labey states that he's straight. He gave an interview and photo shoot for Gay Times magazine but his sexuality wasn't discussed.
  • Options
    Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 43,107
    Forum Member
    I was appalled to see that homophobic abuse is still a reality, in this day & age. Makes me sad.
  • Options
    RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main issue with it is that they haven't really explored their relationship. That one talking scene they had in the Vic toilets wasn't enough to justify Paul saying to Claudette that they "got each other." What does Paul get about Ben exactly? Does he know he's been sleeping with a killer? Does he know about Ben's life? And we don't know enough about Paul yet either. Perfectly good actors, so we need to see more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RobInnes wrote: »
    My main issue with it is that they haven't really explored their relationship. That one talking scene they had in the Vic toilets wasn't enough to justify Paul saying to Claudette that they "got each other." What does Paul get about Ben exactly? Does he know he's been sleeping with a killer? Does he know about Ben's life? And we don't know enough about Paul yet either. Perfectly good actors, so we need to see more.

More and soon!
  • Options
    GardenaGardena Posts: 8,602
    Forum Member
    I think Ben and Paul have potential but it's not going to be easy to get them together because usually a relationship is two people as equals , give and take . Both getting something out of it . Right now Ben can only take and not give , he's too affection starved for it . So Paul has to give and give and give ... Like if you want to go fishing in the desert , you have to build the pond and put in water and físh before you can get something out of it . And not a lot of people are willing to do that kind of work .
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gardena wrote: »
    I think Ben and Paul have potential but it's not going to be easy to get them together because usually a relationship is two people as equals , give and take . Both getting something out of it . Right now Ben can only take and not give , he's too affection starved for it . So Paul has to give and give and give ... Like if you want to go fishing in the desert , you have to build the pond and put in water and físh before you can get something out of it . And not a lot of people are willing to do that kind of work .

Nice analogy!
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    The problem is that Ben and Paul have been seeing each other for some time but we haven't seen any of that relationship on our screens other than a couple of stolen moments. We can only 'assume' that their relationship is not just about sex because that is all we have seen on our screens.

Eastenders needs to expand on the relationship of these two if it is to go anywhere.