ITV HD Wales

mitchell2k4mitchell2k4 Posts: 374
Forum Member
ITV Wales HD as appeared today and replaced 103 here in Wales. Only C4 left to follow suit now I think?

Comments

• Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was actually added yesterday, see the "Sky & Satellite Weekly" thread.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    ITV Wales HD as appeared today and replaced 103 here in Wales. Only C4 left to follow suit now I think?

And BBC Two Wales.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this the first region to swap their ITV HD onto 103? No swap here in Granada despite the feed on 178 being the exact correct one to swap.
  • the-masterthe-master Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this swap has meant that I now have ITV Wales HD at 103 - and that is the only HD ITV1 channel I can now receive on my Sky box! Not sure if there are other HD versions in "other channels" I could add, but I couldn't record these obviously.

I want to watch, and sometimes record, the Rugby World Cup later this month on ITV HD and not ITV HD Wales. The reason being is I wish to listen to studio and commentary from the national feed and not a second rate Welsh version which I have known from previous tournaments.

At least with the BBC swap (BBC1 Wales HD being the norm/lower down the EPG) I can still get BBC1 HD in the 900's for regional op out's etc. Don't see why ITV could not have made the channel swaps to still give a HD version in the 900's instead of the SD version they have reverted to. Backward step.

Luckily for me, at least I will be able to watch the matches live in HD from the national feed using my TV tuner which picks up West & Wales so my main tv picks up the English feed for ITV in HD, thankfully.