Options

[SPOILERS] Are Back In 6B

stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Remember how the Daleks were being "rested"?

Wrong, they're back in Series 6B

To quote Moffat at the 'Let's Kill Hitler' screening "It's almost like I lie sometimes!"

What a funny guy.

Comments

• Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they wont be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    they wont be back.

So they made a fake trailer to show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    So they made a fake trailer to show?

It's amazing that he has the audacity to complain about spoilers, but feel that it's ok to lie and essentially promise new adversaries ad better story telling precisely because of the absence of things like the daleks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hibbleton wrote: »
    It's amazing that he has the audacity to complain about spoilers, but feel that it's ok to lie and essentially promise new adversaries ad better story telling precisely because of the absence of things like the daleks.

It's perfectly okay to 'lie' if by doing so it preserves the element of surprise. Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is about that, if you're a show runner for something like Who in this day and age part of the job description is in finding ever more creative ways to throw the hordes of slobbering media off the scent.
  • Options
    LittlemissmolzLittlemissmolz Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else find it a bit odd that stcoop is obviously following all the news from a press screening for a show he obviously totally hates presented by a showrunner he despises. Haha. Weird behaviour man. And he can't wait to break the news!
    Even funnier. But not as funny as Moffat. He's got a gift. Espcecially for winding up them ol' ming mongs as rusty used to call them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's perfectly okay to 'lie' if by doing so it preserves the element of surprise. Honestly, I don't get what the big deal is about that, if you're a show runner for something like Who in this day and age part of the job description is in finding ever more creative ways to throw the hordes of slobbering media off the scent.

Sure, but you can stick to a few guidelines like...I don't know...Sticking to a promise that you'd retire classic monsters. I'm getting tired of the same old monsters and adversaries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else find it a bit odd that stcoop is obviously following all the news from a press screening for a show he obviously totally hates presented by a showrunner he despises.

As my old mate Sun Tzu says, "Know Thy Enemy".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hibbleton wrote: »
    Sure, but you can stick to a few guidelines like...I don't know...Sticking to a promise that you'd retire classic monsters. I'm getting tired of the same old monsters and adversaries.

Nope, sorry, any and everything should be available to a show runner. In fact the LAST thing I want in a Who show runner is to be able to trust a single word that comes out of their mouth regarding episodes yet to be seen. Oh, and just because you are tired of classic monsters (which, btw, Moffat never said he'd retire, just rest for 'a while' so he hasn't broken his word as 'while' isn't exactly specific plus we don't know if this is true or not yet) I suspect the vast majority aren't providing they're used well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't it be up to Moffat what he reveals and when? Is it not
    true that as showrunner its kind of his perogative to try and
    creatively pull the wool over the eyes of the audience however
    obviously or otherwise he chooses to do it? In this age of spoiler
    overload of course he wants to have his secrets. And we as fans
    probably just learn to enjoy the mystery a bit.

Isn't that part of the joy of watching a show like DW? The often
    surprising things that catch you unawares?

And Moffats just a magician indulging in classic misdirection.

Cry foul all you like but I love that he does this. I don't know if
    under the circumstances this rumour is true or not but if it is
    nothing about it seems like a bad idea. Daleks back...it seems
    that its time we saw them again anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    He said they'd be rested in May. After S6 filming had finished, bar pickups.

They'll probably get a rest in S7. So he lied and he didn't.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I missing something? Have Daleks been in a trailer? Or has Moffat just said he lied? I'm confused. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    There was a preview clip for the rest of the series at the premiere. They were in it. He made that comment afterwards.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Is the deal where the BBC have to feature the Daleks at least once a year or the Nation
    Estate won't let them use the metal meanies still going? That might explain it.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a preview clip for the rest of the series at the premiere. They were in it. He made that comment afterwards.

Have many people seen this premiere or have only some special people who were lucky enough to get tickets?

Also, is it possible to watch this trailer online? Some person might have filmed it on their mobile or something illegal like that.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hard for someone who doesn't know you from adam to be your enemy old chum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Have many people seen this premiere or have only some special people who were lucky enough to get tickets?

Also, is it possible to watch this trailer online? Some person might have filmed it on their mobile or something illegal like that.

What he said
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where,s the proof that the Daleks are back? or better still a still from the trailer showing the Daleks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member

The staff at the BFI were very diligent in monitoring such activity last night.

There was a very brief appearance of a Dalek (not Daleks) in the rest of the season trailer.

And cars floating in the sky tied to hot air balloons!
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt it possible that the daleks just appear in one of the "nightmare" rooms in that hotel for one of the upcoming episodes???

So not having a full story just just an appearance, Kind of like in WoM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    isnt it possible that the daleks just appear in one of the "nightmare" rooms in that hotel for one of the upcoming episodes???

That would be my guess - it was so fleeting, it reeked of 'cameo' appearance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway i don't really "get" the whole "they are overused" arguement

They are one of Who's biggest commodities. You wouldn't see a football fan saying "oh come on, Rooney has played every game this season...we are TIRED of him now. Give someone else a shot"
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway i don't really "get" the whole "they are overused" arguement

They are on of Whos biggest commodities. You wouldn't see a football fan saying "oh come on, Rooney has played every game this season...we are TIRED of him now. Give someone else a shot"

Lol, you just made me laugh:D. That would be something. I don't think they are overused either, but I certainly hope they aren't behind the "Silence will fall" thing:p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, you just made me laugh:D. That would be something. I don't think they are overused either, but I certainly hope they aren't behind the "Silence will fall" thing:p.

my work here is done lol
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my work here is done lol

I just have a very vivid imagination, could you imagine Rooney's face. "Well mate, you have been playing brilliant, in fact you are our best player. However, you've been in every game and to be truthful you shot all the important goals. The audience is getting tired of you. We wait a couple of years and if you aren't too old then, you can come back":D