More4+1 back on freeview

RaymondthebestRaymondthebest Posts: 67
Forum Member
More 4+1 maybe is coming back on freeview channel 4 might do what channel 5 and itv and other broadcasters do

Comments

• daniel9000daniel9000 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Evidence?
  • steveboswellsteveboswell Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been granted a licence to broadcast on Freeview by Ofcom. No evidence of any actual launch, as far as I'm aware.
  • daniel9000daniel9000 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Known the way freeview is as of late I would not be surprised if it was a lcn squat. I can't remember the last time I watched more 4 anyway.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What could they be bringing to Freeview though that isn't already there. They don't have any other channels, apart from the HD versions of course and I doubt they'll be coming any time soon.
  • YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect this will be another LCN squatter like ITV4+1, ITVBe+1, VIVA+1, TruTV+1, YourTV+1, and BLAZE+1.
  • RaymondthebestRaymondthebest Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Could use the old slot that community channel had 00.00 -0800 or timeshare with community channel
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Let's be fair, I can't recall Channel 4 doing an LCN squat. They have launched +1s but they have been genuine. There's obviously space on COM8. Channel 4 may want to make their offering on Freeview complete at minimal cost.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pad_ehh wrote: »
    What could they be bringing to Freeview though that isn't already there. They don't have any other channels, apart from the HD versions of course and I doubt they'll be coming any time soon.
    YouView wrote: »
    I suspect this will be another LCN squatter like ITV4+1, ITVBe+1, VIVA+1, TruTV+1, YourTV+1, and BLAZE+1.
    Youview, but why do you suspect? And what "could they be bringing to Freeview though that isn't already there"?
  • steveboswellsteveboswell Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    Let's be fair, I can't recall Channel 4 doing an LCN squat. They have launched +1s but they have been genuine. There's obviously space on COM8. Channel 4 may want to make their offering on Freeview complete at minimal cost.

There's also space on the PSB HD multiplex, where Film4+1 currently lives.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been granted a licence to broadcast on Freeview by Ofcom. No evidence of any actual launch, as far as I'm aware.

If it was on Freeview before, won't the same licence still be in place for any relaunch?
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    If it was on Freeview before, won't the same licence still be in place for any relaunch?

Your licence may be at risk if you do not keep up with the repayments.

(Erm, there's an annual fee)
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,600
    Forum Member
    I can't ever remember More 4.+1 being on Freeview :o
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    More4+1 was added to Freeview in December 2005. It ran until May 2006, when it was replaced by the Big Brother stream. After that the space was used to launch Film Four as an FTA channel.

I see the contradiction with what I said above! But they were securing bandwidth and they did run it as a full-time channel.
  • ClemClem Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting if it does return, but I can't quite see why or where. I'd much rather have a More4HD option, especially as a lot of good stuff recently (IHMO) seems to be being aired on the channel. It's a bit of a comedown after having watched stuff on C4HD to go back to fuzzovision on the existing More4 channel. Still, to borrow a quote from the rag trade, 'never mind the quality, feel the width' (or something like that!).

Clem
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Clem wrote: »
    I'd much rather have a More4HD option

Me too!

Actually I'd rather that than 4sevenHD, which I never watch.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    Me too!

Actually I'd rather that than 4sevenHD, which I never watch.

The issue is C4 were contractually obliged to provide HD content to the COM7 HD multiplex in the same way as the BBC gave BBC4 and BBC News HD. However they gave their lowest value content C4+1 and 4Seven, as with E4 and More4 Sky and Virgin are happy to pay for a pay TV exclusive.