Options

Ian Smith misses out on Gold Logie

Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,986
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Former Neighbours veteran Ian Smith has missed out on winning his first ever Gold Logie.

The 70-year-old, whose final scenes as Erinsborough legend Harold Bishop screened in Australia in February, was beaten by Packed To The Rafters actress Rebecca Gibney.

Full article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a154765/ian-smith-misses-out-on-gold-logie.html

Admin Edit: Please do not replicate articles in their entirety. A brief abstract or summary of the article and a link to the original source is sufficient.

Unlucky. :(

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    He was also up for the silver one, that Aden from Home and Away got. :D

Wasn't it only last year that Sally from Home and Away got both the silver and gold when she left?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He shouldn't have moaned and groaned about Neighbours as much as he did, pre and post leaving the show.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad that Todd Lasance won!
  • Options
    flamingGalah!flamingGalah! Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian was robbed :( The logies always seem to snub Neighbours... It's a shame as the show isn't as popular in Australia as it is over here & over here it's not as popular as our own soaps so doesn't win anything here either... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Logies are a pile of bull. I can't they snubbed Ian, let alone Margot :eek:.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    The Logies are a pile of bull. I can't they snubbed Ian, let alone Margot :eek:.

It's because it is no talent contest... popularity contest fits the bill...
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Awww, it would have been really nice if Ian had won the gold logie :( I'm really glad Todd won the silver logie for Most Popular Actor though, he really deserved it :)

I can't believe Margot didn't win the new talent award though! :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca Gibney won instead! What a load of sh*t. I'm not a Neighbours fan, but I do believe Smith deserves a Golden Logie. Packed To The Rafters (what Gibney is on) is absolute tosh. It's ridiculous.

(And Gibney is a New Zealander by birth!!)
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really really disappointed that Ian Smith didn't win :(, though out of everyone else I'm glad it was Rebecca Gibney who won because of the new Zealand connection! :)
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    Don't worry about it.

It's well known the Logies are primarily catering to the 12 year old girl demographic.