Options

How would you introduce Julie Walters into Corrie?

skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
Forum Member
It has been no secret she is a huge fan and wants to work on the soap. Now DS are now reporting it.

I kinda see her in the Kabin - fighting with Mary for Norris's love.
That or either playing Sian's grandmother or Owens mother.

Just curious - If this was too happen (which they'd be a fool to overlook!) How would you like her to fit in?

Steph

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Same way as the introduce Ian McKellan perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    diva_moon wrote: »

Yes - but as long as she ain't 'bad' - That would work - Totally random charcater.

Steph
  • Options
    sammie1millionsammie1million Posts: 9,970
    Forum Member
    I kind of see her being a relative of Graham lol:D I could totally see that:D
  • Options
    ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member

Yeah she'd be good as his mother I reckon. It would work. :D
  • Options
    sammie1millionsammie1million Posts: 9,970
    Forum Member
    Yeah she'd be good as his mother I reckon. It would work. :D

Hahaha that would be perfection:D
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love them to introduce a character who has connections with several of the locals in different ways. For instance, she could be a distant cousin to Deirdre, she met Rita doing the club circuit in the 60s, Audrey became good friends with her after styling her hair for her wedding, Betty knows her via a short affair with Gordon Clegg, she worked with Kevin's mum, she was mates with Angela Hawthorne and is Norris' worst nightmare etc. (You get the jist)..

It would be quite fun :)
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New landlady of Rovers Return.
  • Options
    JJ28JJ28 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His Mum! That would work.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a big fan of Julie's since I first saw her in the drama Talent back in the eighties on Granada TV.
    It would be great if she were to join the cast. Ian McKellan and Leonard Sachs were really good. I was so sorry when Leonard was killed off as I would have loved to have seen him marrying Emily.
    I think Julie as one of the cast's Mother would suit her.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    How about Deirdre's Aunty (Blanche's long lost sister).
    I can picture Julie doing a good turn as a lookalike type character!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    diva_moon wrote: »

It would have to be a cameo.

Much as I love Corrie, Julie is simply too good for it.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skf1 wrote: »
    It has been no secret she is a huge fan and wants to work on the soap. Now DS are now reporting it.

I kinda see her in the Kabin - fighting with Mary for Norris's love.
    That or either playing Sian's grandmother or Owens mother.

Just curious - If this was too happen (which they'd be a fool to overlook!) How would you like her to fit in?

Steph

I think that is a great idea as she doesn't really have any family at the moment, so a supportive grandmother would be nice to see.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Deirdre's Aunty (Blanche's long lost sister).
    I can picture Julie doing a good turn as a lookalike type character!

She might be a bit old for that.

I'd love her to flit in and out every so often like Audrey used to... Graham's mother would be a good idea, or Becky's aunt, someone with connections to existing characters. Definitely a comic character, Julie is a terrific comedienne!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might be a bit old for that.

???? Don't you mean a bit young? Julie Walters is 60, but looks younger, so she could quite easily be another of Ken's illegitimate children.

Speaking personally, though I think she's a great actress, and is wonderfiul playing 'normal' people, I can't stand her when she tries to play eccentric oldies, such as mrs. overall and Victoria Wod's mother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Julie on the Street, she is one of my favourite actors and is so versatile, showing strengths in comedy and drama- perfect for Coronation Street! Like Ian McKellen, she would work best with the older members of the cast who are also adept at combining the two.

How about a lunch club setting up around Weatherfield, with Betty, Rita, Norris, Emily going along? Julie could play an assistant there who somehow works her way into the crowd.

Or maybe Audrey going back into the local council, but having to go up against Julie, a busybody who will clash hugely with Audrey, coming to the Street to woo voters and causing havoc?!
  • Options
    wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could be Audreys sister,
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about her being Eileen's sister, it has been mentioned that Eileen grew up in quite a large family. It would give the majestic Sue Cleaver more screen time and the three-way dynamic of Eileen, Julie and Julie Walters' character would be amazing:)
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about her being Eileen's sister, it has been mentioned that Eileen grew up in quite a large family. It would give the majestic Sue Cleaver more screen time and the three-way dynamic of Eileen, Julie and Julie Walters' character would be amazing:)

That would be good, they've not yet used Eileen to her potential... I'd love her to be the new Rovers landlady, she'd be funny and take no nonsense!

Julie could be great as her sister!
  • Options
    Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be a waitress in Roy's Rolls. People could then order "two soups"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could be a waitress in Roy's Rolls. People could then order "two soups"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ

That's the sort of thing I meant in an earlier post. It's a one-joke sketch lasting over 6 minutes, and the joke isn't particularly funny anyway. I started watching it, and closed it after 3 minutes out of boredom - it may have become funnier later.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others found it hilarious.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    That's the sort of thing I meant in an earlier post. It's a one-joke sketch lasting over 6 minutes, and the joke isn't particularly funny anyway. I started watching it, and closed it after 3 minutes out of boredom - it may have become funnier later.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others found it hilarious.

its brilliant i think. the most famous sketch victoria wood has written anyway
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham's mother sounds a great idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tram Driver.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    She said on the Paul O'Grady show that Blanche was her favourite, and that she would like to play her sister or a friend. Can't quite remember but something to do with Blanche anyway. I think she'd be good. :D

I like the idea of her being Grahams mum though! Or gran! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is rather amusing! There is not one post I can disagree with! Every scenario and casting would work! I never even thought about Graeme. Shame on me!
    Oh SULLA no-one is above the Street!

Steph