Options

so far EE of 2012 has been even worse

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
OK so 2011 was a bad year for EE imo but at least there was the baby swap story which was at least watchable and showed potential here and there for a good 2 months.

In 2012 after the obviously good post new year period the 1st month has been dreadfull I have to say
theres been nothing of note happening with crap stories

ian and mandys merry go round crap:mad:
ricky leaves
whitney/fats/tyler love triangle:yawn: I just dont care for it
the moon bros story last week:rolleyes:please get rif of em
phil and ben:yawn:
janes over dramatic last week
derek is turning into a dreadfull character
now roxy and jacks custody battle :yawn:

the only glimer of hope I had is the tanya S/L but even spoilers about that S/L in coming weeks turn it into utter sh!te

I was also looking forward to tamwars S/L post xmas but its virtually non exsistent what was the point eh it may come up in the coming weeks but its kinda unacceptable to be leaving it to 6-7 weeks to get some juice out of it.

thats my opinons anyways rant over LOL

Comments

• Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first week was good
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree in some areas. The love triangle isn't exactly rivetting because it is very obvious that Whitney will choose Tyler :mad: The exits have been quite good imo although Ricky's was a little bit unrealistic. I can't stand Ben atm and the s/l is poor while the Moon bros have to go. I think the custody battle is interesting (although Rack was a bad move.)

As for Ian and Mandy, I strongly vouch for their relationship (as shown here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1627808) and the feud between Mandy and Lucy has given both characters more scope.

So I think that 2012 is an ok year so far.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    OK so 2011 was a bad year for EE imo but at least there was the baby swap story which was at least watchable and showed potential here and there for a good 2 months.

In 2012 after the obviously good post new year period the 1st month has been dreadfull I have to say

ricky leaves

the only glimer of hope I had is the tanya S/L but even spoilers about that S/L in coming weeks turn it into utter sh!te

I was also looking forward to tamwars S/L post xmas but its virtually non exsistent what was the point eh it may come up in the coming weeks but its kinda unacceptable to be leaving it to 6-7 weeks to get some juice out of it.

I agree, without Tamwar's situation getting decent airtime, it makes the Boxing Day fire seem quite anti-climatic.We get a whole year of Yusef but what seems like 5 minutes over Tamwar's serious burns. Jack and Roxy sleeping together is more exciting apparently. :yawn:
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    switch off then - you can then have 1/2 hour for 4 days a week where you can do whatever you want and you would be free from moaning about it on the iternet - simples
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    switch off then - you can then have 1/2 hour for 4 days a week where you can do whatever you want and you would be free from moaning about it on the iternet - simples

Sounds like good advice OP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member

ricky leaves

I totally agree. The show was on top form for the first 2 weeks focusing in on the aftermath of Pat's death, the Jacksons & David, but as soon as he left the show went downhill.

There just seems to be a struggle to create decent stories for characters and plots are either bizarre, dull or going round in circles. There doesn't seem to be any long running plots of substance, which EE has always been famous for.

Ian & Mandy don't make sense at all-there's no chemistry. If she genuinely wants to be with him, then that is an awful pairing, and if she doesn't it just seems like a re hash of Ian's past love life.

Ricky's exit was poor. The plot didn't make sense at all. Ricky may be weak, but he wouldn't leave his kids for no reason.

Harry Hill has Jane's exit spot on-it was really overdramatised. I think they were trying to better her previous Julia's Theme exit, but failed miserably.

Derek is ruining the show, but TBTB obviously see him as the big character atm who is holding the show together like others have done in the past, but the truth is that he is an awful and rather funny caricature of past villains.

Roxy & Jack is going round in circles. Roxy is a fantastic character, but they just can't get the material for her.

There's so much wrong with the show atm. It has never fully recovered from the post 25th anniversary lull. They put so much work into making the build up to the anniversary amazing (which it was), but I remember that immediate period after it became dire. The show has since been plagued by high profile characters leaving, taking breaks, becoming pregnant.

It just doesn't seem like there's a great atmosphere on set atm. The characters are living in bubbles again and the dominance of Brannings/Jacksons and everyone being related to one another seems to have become more apparent in recent months. This is a huge problem imo. It's so unrealistic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^^ this is exactly what I've done! I've had enough of EE and their dreadful storylines, so after 20 years I've switched off! :eek: I never knew so much could be done in a half an hour! :D

Though I do think it's important that people speak out about their dislike of the show, unless of course the Beeb want to keep losing viewers? :confused:
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,959
    Forum Member
    The phil & ben storyline has been one of the best. not everything has to be obvious.

january was pretty good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree. The show was on top form for the first 2 weeks focusing in on the aftermath of Pat's death, the Jacksons & David, but as soon as he left the show went downhill.

There just seems to be a struggle to create decent stories for characters and plots are either bizarre, dull or going round in circles. There doesn't seem to be any long running plots of substance, which EE has always been famous for.

Ian & Mandy don't make sense at all-there's no chemistry. If she genuinely wants to be with him, then that is an awful pairing, and if she doesn't it just seems like a re hash of Ian's past love life.

Ricky's exit was poor. The plot didn't make sense at all. Ricky may be weak, but he wouldn't leave his kids for no reason.

Harry Hill has Jane's exit spot on-it was really overdramatised. I think they were trying to better her previous Julia's Theme exit, but failed miserably.

Derek is ruining the show, but TBTB obviously see him as the big character atm who is holding the show together like others have done in the past, but the truth is that he is an awful and rather funny caricature of past villains.

Roxy & Jack is going round in circles. Roxy is a fantastic character, but they just can't get the material for her.

There's so much wrong with the show atm. It has never fully recovered from the post 25th anniversary lull. They put so much work into making the build up to the anniversary amazing (which it was), but I remember that immediate period after it became dire. The show has since been plagued by high profile characters leaving, taking breaks, becoming pregnant.

It just doesn't seem like there's a great atmosphere on set atm. The characters are living in bubbles again and the dominance of Brannings/Jacksons and everyone being related to one another seems to have become more apparent in recent months. This is a huge problem imo. It's so unrealistic.

See this thread for the Ian/Mandy relationship- it might make sense assuming my opinions are true!
  • Options
    SoniccreamSoniccream Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phil & ben storyline has been one of the best. not everything has to be obvious.

january was pretty good

I agree I think the ben/phil s/l is brilliant and actually realistic
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed this year more than last year. If you have that many problems with EE you should just switch off. I mean I don't enjoy it all the time but I'm a loyal EE fan :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    See this thread for the Ian/Mandy relationship- it might make sense assuming my opinions are true!

Oops, forgot the link http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1627808
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed this year more than last year. If you have that many problems with EE you should just switch off. I mean I don't enjoy it all the time but I'm a loyal EE fan :)

I think it depnds on whether you like the characters who are featured most often. If you like the Brannings, the Mitchells and the Moons, you're laughing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. I am a loyal EE fan too and I agree; like it or lump it and stop moaning:cool: And I have enjoyed this year so far which should get better
    with Heather's murder
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Im a big EE fan too and know every S/L since like 1999 I wouldt just switch off because I know theres potential sometime down the road and SOAPS always have there off eras and EE is simply IMO going through one of them right now.

Why cant I speak my thoughts this is a public forum to speak good or bad Im not going to switch off Its noting for me to just watch EE on RTEplayer while browseing the PC so no time wasted at all:D
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Im a big EE fan too and know every S/L since like 1999 I wouldt just switch off because I know theres potential sometime down the road and SOAPS always have there off eras and EE is simply IMO going through one of them right now.

Why cant I speak my thoughts this is a public forum to speak good or bad Im not going to switch off Its noting for me to just watch EE on RTEplayer while browseing the PC so no time wasted at all:D

I know how you can fill your spare time if you stop watching EastEnders, watch Neighbours instead :) A far superior soap at the moment, made with a quarter of the cast and probably a tenth of the budget.

I'm quite a fair-weather friend when it comes to the soaps. I've watched EE on and off since day one but life is too short to watch something that you're not enjoying and there's not enough hours in the day to watch all the soaps anyway. I stopped watching Neighbours when that went through a bad patch and won't be watching EE again until things change.
  • Options
    Adrian gracieAdrian gracie Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny how the whiners that moan about the 2011/2012 being boring never mention 2010 which was equally just as bad.The spring/summer/autumn of that year stooped to the level of 2006 EE.This year isnt the best but I will take what i'm seeing now over the 6 or so months of filler which came about due to the LIVE episode.
  • Options
    ManOfEastManOfEast Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny how the whiners that moan about the 2011/2012 being boring never mention 2010 which was equally just as bad.The spring/summer/autumn of that year stooped to the level of 2006 EE.This year isnt the best but I will take what i'm seeing now over the 6 or so months of filler which came about due to the LIVE episode.

This ^

EE hasn't been amazing as of late, but I'm finding it "generally okay".
  • Options
    sam.hall13sam.hall13 Posts: 203
    Forum Member

Very good advice- NOT, the problems with EastEnders is not the OP's fault, that can bw blamed on the present production team who have take the one of the BBC's flagship shows and made a mess of it.

At the end of the day i like many others including yourself pay for a tv license which helps fund EastEnders amongst many other things on the radio and tv channels. Therefore if the OP or anyone else feels the need to criticise/praise EastEnders let alone any production then you have no right to tell them to switch off if you don't care for their opinion.

You do realise DS forums are all about debate and opinion.

Oh an as the OP lives in Dublin he/she also pays a tv license which funds RTE who buy in EastEnders.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Soaps fans are like football fans loyal, however when their soap/team are under performing they demand players/cast or management to be replaced.

I think if you've been watching a show for 20 years and it's standards decrease then fans/viewers are entitled to express their opinion.

EE is where it is today because of it's fans/loyal viewers therefore should respect viewers opinions be it good or bad.

IMO EE is having a better year than it did this time last year. Early year time in all soaps are slow, on a xmas/new year come down as I see it. Pats death was brilliant and the guest appearance of David Wicks was bloody fantastic so it goes to show EE can still pull it out of the bag. Lets hope this is sign of things to come to be on a more frequent accurance.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2010,2011 and present have all been dreadful, boring, badly written and predictable.
    My guess is that it may pick around november, you know when christmas and new year are coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    2010,2011 and present have all been dreadful, boring, badly written and predictable.
    My guess is that it may pick around november, you know when christmas and new year are coming.

Probably, when they are going to try and pick up the ratings.
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first few weeks were great especially the David Wicks return. :)