Is Darth Vader the most well known Star Wars character?

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
Just watching the news and the guy said that Darth Vader has joined forces with Mickey Mouse.

A thought ran through my head wondering why it wasn't Skywalker or Han Solo

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In gonna get flack for this but the whole 6 films were his journey
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wish to be rude but is this really the most imaginitive thread you could come up with?

So are we to all say who we "think" is the most famous character?

Seriously.....what is the actual point?

I had a feeling last night there's be a glut of Star Wars threads, seems i was right.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

THERE ARE ONLY THREE FILMS :mad::mad::mad:

:p
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the 3 films are his journey :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I think universally, Darth Vader is the best recognised character from the series. His face is on most merchandise and posters. I think Yoda would also definitely be more recognisable than Han Solo or Luke.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    The most underrated and under valued character of all is Wedge Antilles. Poor bugger hardly gets any mention but he was instrumental in all three (of the proper films).
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most instrumental character was the gunner who did not shoot the escape pod containing R2d2 and c3po.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was someone you never ever see. The desinger of the Death Star(s). He was clearly a rebel. You can't create one ultimate weapon with a glaring design flaw and see it exposed and then create a duplicate with yet another destructive oversight.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most instrumental character was the gunner who did not shoot the escape pod containing R2d2 and c3po.

I think you mean the officer who told him not to shoot .

:p
  • Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    The most underrated and under valued character of all is Wedge Antilles. Poor bugger hardly gets any mention but he was instrumental in all three (of the proper films).
    And he's the real owner of R2D2 and C3PO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he's the real owner of R2D2 and C3PO.

I think you might be thinking of Captain Antilles , who was a different character .
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about those many Bothan spies who died to bring us this information?
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you might be thinking of Captain Antilles , who was a different character .
    Antilles - the space equivalent of Smith :D
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    I don't wish to be rude but is this really the most imaginitive thread you could come up with?

So are we to all say who we "think" is the most famous character?

Seriously.....what is the actual point?

I had a feeling last night there's be a glut of Star Wars threads, seems i was right.

BIB - To be fair, can that not be said about 95% of the threads on digital spy?

Never understand why people come onto a thread that, by it's very title, they know they aren't interested in, just to complain about the thread!!!
  • bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess as an iconic character, DV is easy to use because they can easily get anyone to dress up as him for promo stuff, whereas Luke/Han etc. are harder to replicate closely.

Mind you, just as easy to get someone dressed up as C3PO or Boba Fett...so who know! :)
    yaristaman wrote: »

Never understand why people come onto a thread that, by it's very title, they know they aren't interested in, just to complain about the thread!!!

Completely agree! It's just unnecessary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he not Wedge's father?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not only that but he's the uncle of Obi Wan Kenobi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he not Wedge's father?

apparently not . fans did speculate for a while that he was , but he isn't .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Not only that but he's the uncle of Obi Wan Kenobi

now that is true .
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yaristaman wrote: »

Never understand why people come onto a thread that, by it's very title, they know they aren't interested in, just to complain about the thread!!![/QUOTE]

Just to annoy whiter than white forum users like you obviously :rolleyes:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I think even Lucas has said this.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just watching the news and the guy said that Darth Vader has joined forces with Mickey Mouse.

A thought ran through my head wondering why it wasn't Skywalker or Han Solo
    I remember the pre movie hype in 1977. All the kid talk was about Darth Vader and the droids. Chewie caused more excitement than Han Solo or Luke. Leia had some popularity because she was pretty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I remember the pre movie hype in 1977. All the kid talk was about Darth Vader and the droids. Chewie caused more excitement than Han Solo or Luke. Leia had some popularity because she was pretty.
    Yeah Chewie was always a favourite. It was only when I saw Empire in the cinema in 1980 that I shifted allegience to Han. He's by far the coolest character in that movie (geddit?).
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I think of Star Wars, the ones I think of first are Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and the Stormtroopers.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »

Yes this is true, Darth Vader always got the most hype, right from the very start.