Mrs Brown's Boys S3 Discussion

Comments

• YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    loved the first two series, bit disappointed in this one apart from last night, very funny:eek::D
  • marclamarcla Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some dozy person has written into our local rag complaining how they were "offended" by an episode of the show, but were even more upset that no one else had written into the same rag to say they were offended. Some people
  • Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what the dragonfly connection is? Mrs Brown has a dragonfly mug, there are cushions, wall plaques, a brooch, all with dragonflies on. I am wondering if there is a connection with the books that Brendan has written.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayna99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the dragonfly connection is? Mrs Brown has a dragonfly mug, there are cushions, wall plaques, a brooch, all with dragonflies on. I am wondering if there is a connection with the books that Brendan has written.
    and don't forget the dragonfly that buzzes around grandad's head in the opening cartoon!

K
  • Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    and don't forget the dragonfly that buzzes around grandad's head in the opening cartoon!

K

Yes, noticed that last night. What's it all about, I wonder?

I loved this week's episode, my face was hurting I laughed so much!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brendan says dragonflies remind him of his late grandmother :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems there won't be a fourth series of Mrs Brown's Boys in 2014 :(

The intention is to make the Mrs Brown movie instead, but the Christmas specials will continue as usual.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I think, and I could be completely wrong, it's something to do with The Mammy trilogy that he wrote (which, again I think, features the first incarnation of Agnes Brown) - quite what it has to do with it, I'm not sure as I haven't read the books, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in connection with those books.

Good show this week, yes, some of the jokes were slightly older then Bruce Forsyth, but I don't really care, loved it, and the pay off at the end was brilliant :D

Ignore me: Just seen Eurostar's answer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think, and I could be completely wrong, it's something to do with The Mammy trilogy that he wrote (which, again I think, features the first incarnation of Agnes Brown) - quite what it has to do with it, I'm not sure as I haven't read the books, but I'm sure I've seen it mentioned in connection with those books.

Good show this week, yes, some of the jokes were slightly older then Bruce Forsyth, but I don't really care, loved it, and the pay off at the end was brilliant :D

Ignore me: Just seen Eurostar's answer

I believe it is connected to that trilogy, especially "The Granny" novel :)
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its that bad,its good.:confused:
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »

The intention is to make the Mrs Brown movie instead, but the Christmas specials will continue as usual.

I thought that they said from the start that they were only going to do 3 series, but I may be mistaken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richparr wrote: »
    I thought that they said from the start that they were only going to do 3 series, but I may be mistaken.

That was the original plan, but they could never have foreseen the outstanding success of the show.

To be honest, I think the BBC and RTE will be pretty unhappy there won't be a fourth series in 2014.....the MBB movie is of no interest or use to them.
  • BaccattackBaccattack Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winner!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan has told the Radio Times this evening that there may well be a fourth series. He says he originally only intended there to be three series but he has enjoyed it so much that another may be on the cards. He appears to suggest it could happen in late 2014 or early 2015.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just want to add my congratulations to Mrs Brown's Boys on their award in the NTAs tonight! Very well deserved, I'm delighted for them! :)
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to add my congratulations to Mrs Brown's Boys on their award in the NTAs tonight! Very well deserved, I'm delighted for them! :)

What did they get?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    What did they get?

Best sitcom :)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Valentine's episode was brilliant! And congrats to Brendan and the crew for picking up the NTA!! :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was pleased that Mrs Brown's Boys won the NTA. I was initially torn between MBB and The Big Bang Theory but once I saw that no one from TBBT was there, I knew it hadn't won, so thought MBB just had to win!
    The intention is to make the Mrs Brown movie instead

I hope it's a bit more fun than Brendon O'Carroll's first Mrs Brown film! Ha.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

Well done Brendan and all!!
  • Ted MurrayTed Murray Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Best sitcom :)

I think you must have missed out the "h".:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm really disappointed about this aswell. I would much prefer a fourth series sooner rather than a movie :cry:
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Valentine's episode was brilliant!................

Indeed it was, but is valentine's day a big thing in Ireland? The programme gave the impression that having a date, or even just going out, was of tremendous importance.

In England, it was never anything special in the past; now it's just an excuse for restaurants to double their prices.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Brendan has told the Radio Times this evening that there may well be a fourth series. He says he originally only intended there to be three series but he has enjoyed it so much that another may be on the cards. He appears to suggest it could happen in late 2014 or early 2015.

I hope that this is correct, I haven't enjoyed a comedy series as much as Mrs Brown's Boys since OFAH and Brendan's award is well deserved.

I've tried to watch Miranda but it doesn't work for me, it's too silly and the stuff of school children, but MBB somehow rises above the obvious slapstick, maybe it's because Brendan, acting under the guise of a woman, reminds us of someone we know or knew, very like her, minus the frequent "f" words. Those words uttered by Agnes aren't offensive and I'm the world's worst at being offended by foul language, I'm first in the queue to turn off a film where every other word is an expletive. It doesn't happen with MMB, it just makes me laugh even more because you don't expect to hear it from a "mammy".

Congratulation to Brendan and to Jennifer Gibney, the latter being a lady who can bring light to anyone's life when she smiles. the darkest of rooms would be lit up when she smiles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I hope that this is correct, I haven't enjoyed a comedy series as much as Mrs Brown's Boys since OFAH and Brendan's award is well deserved.

I've tried to watch Miranda but it doesn't work for me, it's too silly and the stuff of school children, but MBB somehow rises above the obvious slapstick, maybe it's because Brendan, acting under the guise of a woman, reminds us of someone we know or knew, very like her, minus the frequent "f" words. Those words uttered by Agnes aren't offensive and I'm the world's worst at being offended by foul language, I'm first in the queue to turn off a film where every other word is an expletive. It doesn't happen with MMB, it just makes me laugh even more because you don't expect to hear it from a "mammy".

Congratulation to Brendan and to Jennifer Gibney, the latter being a lady who can bring light to anyone's life when she smiles. the darkest of rooms would be lit up when she smiles.

Jennifer is the only member of the cast who was an actress beforehand (which is how she and Brendan met).

On the subject of the "F" word, Brendan said in one interview that Agnes never uses it in a deliberately offensive manner, she simply peppers her everyday conversation with it instead. It's noticeable too that virtually all of the swearing is done by Agnes, and not by the other characters.