Options

Corrie acting tonight was flippin' terrible

2»

Comments

• Options
    CharkyCharky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth they've still got Kirk in Corrie is what I want to know. Yes, I know he's meant to be thick but last night when Chesney came back from speaking to the t-shirt bloke and was talking to the others in the van, Kirk made a stupid comment and you could see by his eyes and mouth that there was a hint of a smile. A good actor would have hidden that. He's so bad it's beyond cringeworthy. I can't stand him.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charky wrote: »
    Why on earth they've still got Kirk in Corrie is what I want to know. Yes, I know he's meant to be thick but last night when Chesney came back from speaking to the t-shirt bloke and was talking to the others in the van, Kirk made a stupid comment and you could see by his eyes and mouth that there was a hint of a smile. A good actor would have hidden that. He's so bad it's beyond cringeworthy. I can't stand him.
    The actor is playing the same dimwit he played in The Royle Family, it's beyond tedious, although he's far from the only one past his sell-by.
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charky wrote: »

I noticed that too, can't remember what the line was but why didn't they just re-shoot the awful scene?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    That t-shirt storyline was seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel but of course it was all to give Fiz something to shout about when she got back *roll eyes* (and don't even get me started on Kirk, if he was that thick he'd never be able to hold down a job, they went way too OTT with that angle IMO)

What with the return of Fiz (joy! :(), t-shirtville, Alya and her virginity/drinking/attitude (*yawn*), Muslim's about to eat on Ramadan when the sun was quite obviously still very high in the sky, Alya and Jason talking about what had happened 'tonight' when that sun was still shining away high in the sky and looked more like afternoon? Well it was a right load of old codswallop wasn't it? What the hell has Corrie got against night filming? I get that it's a bit more expensive but surely tonight's episodes merited it being dusk at the very least?

What with the massive and really unforgivable mistake of forgetting Kevin's back history and what they were dishing up tonight the programme it's gone right down the pan again (IMO) Only scenes which were bearable IMO were the Michael, Kylie and David ones.
    Spot on. And agree BIB, even though I can't stand moocher Michael!!
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both episodes were disgustingly bad. Except, as other posters have said the hospital scenes with Michael, Kylie, David and Eileen, shows how low the show has got when Les Dennis is one of the better actors in it!

Elsewhere the tee shirt rubbish, was just that, rubbish. Unfortunately we now have Fizz back (groan). Alya broke every rule in the Muslim religious book, but hey ho, it will be forgotten by next week. I noticed that brat Simon, supposedly playing an upset, angry teenager, but he couldn't stop himself from grinning outside the Nazir's house. You are supposed to be angry and belligerent you stupid idiot, not smirking.

I am beginning to think that maybe I need a sabbatical from Corrie for a while:D:p.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason it has gone down the pan are the five episodes with a cast who don't do rehearsals

Corrie used toibe famous for its acting ie Mavis, Bet, Hilda and the superb Eddie Yeats..

I dont think it can rescue this - they aren't prepared to cut down on episodes..
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    The actor is playing the same dimwit he played in The Royle Family, it's beyond tedious, although he's far from the only one past his sell-by.

He acts like someone deliberately trying to act badly.
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason it has gone down the pan are the five episodes with a cast who don't do rehearsals

Corrie used toibe famous for its acting ie Mavis, Bet, Hilda and the superb Eddie Yeats..

I dont think it can rescue this - they aren't prepared to cut down on episodes..

Unfortunately u are right broadshoulder. Even if the quality did improve it would be impossible for it to remain consistently good with the current number of episodes. ITV however will never agree to a reduction in episodes. Emmerdale used to be (IMO) the best of the big 3 at one time but once the number of episodes went up to 5 a week it became the weakest in terms of overall quality.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a great laugh reading your comments. :D:D

Thanks!!
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Yeah bad SImon ! He cant play a bad kid, just doesnt fit right.
    Alya turning to drink to get rid of her problems, not thats a refreshing change people turning to drink every time a problem surfaces, even muslims who dont drink start drinking !
    Makes the viewers turn to drink too to forget about it.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,628
    Forum Member
    I agree this pretty much sums up my feelings on the episodes too.

Michael's not my favorite character but I liked the scenes in the hospital with Kylie. Apart from that it was awful.

Before he leaves, I'd love the writers to create an opportunity for him to do his Mavis impression. :D
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Yeah bad SImon ! He cant play a bad kid, just doesnt fit right.
    Alya turning to drink to get rid of her problems, not thats a refreshing change people turning to drink every time a problem surfaces, even muslims who dont drink start drinking !
    Makes the viewers turn to drink too to forget about it.

Sorry to disagree, but that Simon kid really creeps me out. He wouldn't be out of place playing Damien out of The Omen film.

He is like totally weird.:o
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,009
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Loved both episodes once again. Corrie has been brilliant since the fire. Miserable lot all of you :D.

Is that you The Hat?
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm surprised anybody's surprised. This is what happens when 'actors' from The Bill, Doctors, Holby etc. keep going round on the same carousel.

They're not actual actors, they just play themselves. Drunken psychopath? Total slag? Yup. That's what they do in real life.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they were running away from the really scary gangster (!), and Worzel Gummidge, anyone notice that Steph's brother (can't be arsed to remember his name) runs like a girl, ditto Ches.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    When it comes to the Nazir's, I'd say Alya is the best of a bad bunch but I thought her scenes last night were beyond terrible. Weak writing and weak acting all round.

Hope next week will be better.

Yes, that's what I say every week... *sigh*
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    Unfortunately u are right broadshoulder. Even if the quality did improve it would be impossible for it to remain consistently good with the current number of episodes. ITV however will never agree to a reduction in episodes. Emmerdale used to be (IMO) the best of the big 3 at one time but once the number of episodes went up to 5 a week it became the weakest in terms of overall quality.

I think they don't get any time to rehearse. Which means the problems will get worse. Only the actors with twenty years experience will be OK. The younger ones...

ouch.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Is that you The Hat?

No I've criticised Corrie loads but some people will just never be happy. I mean you're all talking about the "t-shirt plot" as if it's been going on for months. It was a light hearted sideshow which lasted barely 2 episodes to contrast with the serious Alya scenes. Funny how everyone comes out of the woodwork to have a pop but are otherwise nowhere to be seen.
  • Options
    AlmightyDinoAlmightyDino Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Is that you The Hat?

Who is The Hat?
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Who is The Hat?

It's some posters' joke name for Stuart Blackburn the Corrie producer cos they only ever show one photo of him & he happens to be wearing a hat!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    well i haven't watched corrie all week..Just Eastenders as it's my favourite..Also dropped Neighbours now.. :o