Options

Getting E-Mail on a Palm III through a Mobile Phone.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
Tricky question this one.. but the answer must be out there somewhere.

I have a Siemens S25 mobile
a Palm III and the mobile internet Kit,

everything works apart from the fact that i don't have a ISP. Have tried a couple and they don't know what a Palm is.

All I want to be able to do is to get my mail form over the phone.

So I need a ISP that is just pay as you go, no monthly charges.

any ideas

(I don't have a PC at home.... just work ;-)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Are you on Orange ? If so www.onetel.net.uk is a good option, no sub and its 1p p-m, as its an 0800 number Orange won't charge you for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I've used this exact same setup (Palm III with S25). I was able to use most "free" ISPs (just paying for the calls), e.g. freeserve, genie, lineone to get my internet connection. You can then access your POP server for your email wherever it may be.

You will also need an mail client (presumably this comes with the Internet kit you got). I use Multimail Pro and Eudora, both allowing multiple accounts.

Let me know if you need any further help setting it up. I can talk you through my Palm settings/phone settings if you have any trouble.

John
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Thanks Chaps will let you know how things go, only problem is I don't have a PC at home so i don't have a PC ISP and all the ISP that I have contacted so far have said that I have to have a BT Line connected to my account.