Options

Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This the place to discuss tonights final along with the results

who will lift the glitterball:)

enjoy it I can't wait

Comments

• Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler pics of dress rehearsal (reprised dances):

http://twitpic.com/3h3qlc
    http://twitpic.com/3h3tm4
    http://twitpic.com/3h3wdx
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to the programme.

Good luck to all contestants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, I can only imagine those pics are the highest scoring dances? If so looks like Aliona and Kara have changed for the Samba and the Rumba- not for the better IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remembered today that I have £10 on Matt at 9/2... I think he's the least deserving of the three, but hey- Matt for the win!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Evening. :) Looking forward to the final tonight. I've been keeping an eye on twitter and there have been lots of pictures from rehearsals!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://yfrog.com/h3e7nkj

Pics of some of the pro girls... can't decide who has the worst dress! They all somehow look good though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LJJohnson wrote: »
    Hmmm, I can only imagine those pics are the highest scoring dances? If so looks like Aliona and Kara have changed for the Samba and the Rumba- not for the better IMO.

Kara did the Samba for sport relief so its best she doesn't do it
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just under 2.5 hours. Exciting!!! :D
  • Options
    crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so annoyed that the BBC has ordered the dances so that the 3rd place couple will not be doing their new dance.Which probably means i am never going to see Matt do the paso :( but even so what's the point of making them learn a dance when one couple will not be performing it anyway :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Woot thread open!

7pm can't come round quick enough!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am lucky to be home for this my flight home from heathrow was cancelled
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Kara did the Samba for sport relief so its best she doesn't do it

She's not. I meant Aliona changed for the Samba

Kara's doing the Rumba.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Our Strictly expert, Tina Ballerina reckons it will be Kara to win, followed by Pam, with Matt controversially eliminated first.

I would disagree with her if she hadn't tipped Pam at 50/1 right at the start and correctly picked out a number of eliminations along the way, including Jimi Mistry at 14/1. She also won me a few quid when tipping the week the first perfect 40 would be awarded, I reckon the odds of Kara to beat Pam into second (8/1) might be worth a look.

Check out her latest tips and the best available oodds here: http://www.freebetsfreetips.com/blog/strictly-final-betting-tips-18dec10
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so annoyed that the BBC has ordered the dances so that the 3rd place couple will not be doing their new dance.Which probably means i am never going to see Matt do the paso :( but even so what's the point of making them learn a dance when one couple will not be performing it anyway :confused: :rolleyes:

Of course Matt will be performing his paso. He's the one most guaranteed to get through to the final two imo. You really are doom and gloom unnecessarily when it comes to his chances ;). Have faith (and I'm not even a fan!) He'll definitely make the final two and has a very good chance at winning it.

I agree about the new dance though. Usually the couple that goes out third performs their show dance even if it doesn't count. Mind you - they don't get to do their bolero on DOI so there is precedent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course Matt will be performing his paso. He's the one most guaranteed to get through to the final two imo. You really are doom and gloom unnecessarily when it comes to his chances ;). Have faith (and I'm not even a fan!) He'll definitely make the final two and has a very good chance at winning it.

I agree about the new dance though. Usually the couple that goes out third performs their show dance even if it doesn't count. Mind you - they don't get to do their bolero on DOI so there is precedent.

We have a sneeky suspicion Matt might be first out. He has been trying a little too hard in the last couple of weeks and the other two have looked far superior in my opinion. We'll see though, it's pretty wide open!
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread tvqueen.

Off to prepare a very early meal now so that i can be finished, with all dishes done, before the start:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good lukc to all of them. Really looking forward to the final, hope they all do their very best and may the best one win!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobby280 wrote: »
    We have a sneeky suspicion Matt might be first out. He has been trying a little too hard in the last couple of weeks and the other two have looked far superior in my opinion. We'll see though, it's pretty wide open!
    Audiences will forgive a lot from a young white male that they would never put up with from anyone else...
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am lucky to be home for this my flight home from heathrow was cancelled

Disaster averted :eek::D Thanks for starting the thread tvqueen!

Really looking forward to tonight - lets hope its a good one
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited! Come on, Matt and Aliona!!!!:) And good luck to all!
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing some of the returning celebs/pro dancers - especially Gavin and f course Brendan - i wonder will Michelle be there or is she gone back to USA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    katie_p wrote: »
    Audiences will forgive a lot from a young white male that they would never put up with from anyone else...

Fair point. I just hope he doesn't bring out the tears to get votes... he was close to it the other week when given a bit of stick by the judges.

I have (possibly misplaced) faith in the public to vote for the best dancers on the night. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing some of the returning celebs/pro dancers - especially Gavin and f course Brendan - i wonder will Michelle be there or is she gone back to USA

she was still in the UK on thursday night so i am sure she will be there

reason how i know this is that apparently she was at the same lady gaga concert i was at on thursday night
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I hope Kara wins tonight. :)
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    someone just brought up michelle, god before the series started i had her so pegged to be in the final !. i thought she would be like nicole sherzinger on DWTS !!!. how wrong was I ....