Is Tom Daley Gay

Comments

• Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Is it perverted when heteros speculate etc? It cannot be perverted for guys to do similar.
    The language used is concerning me a bit and I can start to see Bomolad's point that some are still homophobic when people wonder if a male is into the same sex
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know about being gay, but my daughter went to school with him, and he is so far up is his own backside he must have used a springboard to get there

In what way?
  • RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All these “is ...???... gay?” threads descend into this kind of “does it matter?” argument - No it doesn’t matter but why can’t we just speculate about it? Some of us are just a bit nosey, it’s not harming anyone.
    If you are of the “I don’t care, I just think he’s a great athlete” thinking then why go into a thread that’s obviously speculating about someone’s sexuality?

Anyway gay or straight he is sooooooo adorable & I’d be happy if my daughter or son brought him home :D
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Tom is 18, stop trying to make out he's a child.

I have no reason to believe that Tom is not being truthful when he says he identifies as heterosexual, I've always found him to be a sweet, caring, compassionate young man, and I doubt he'd be likely to not be honest.

But at the same time, no it's not perverted at all to speculate if he's gay, anymore than it's perverted to wonder if Katie Price is shagging say, Alex Reid, or whoever she's with this month..

Unfortunately you don't need to wonder with Katie Price
    Her latest reveal about her and Alex leaves nothing to the imagination
    Unfortunately
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    A thread titled 'Is Tom Daley gay?' has gone off topic as people are discussing if Tom Daley is gay?

The problem is people don't want to admit or face up to their prejudices. Speculate a male or female celeb is in a relationship with opposite sex, no problem. Speculate same sex, you get the word 'pervert' thrown around. The personal lives of celebrities are discussed all the time here. ONLY when it comes to the gay issue do people use such language. And there's a very transparent reason for this.

No amount of deflecting or refusing to answer questions that are posed, changes this.

Good points. The only time that people question a thread or find particular objection to it is when there is a gay theme. Rather oddly we are told we shouldn't be discussing it.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it perverted when heteros speculate etc? It cannot be perverted for guys to do similar.
    The language used is concerning me a bit and I can start to see Bomolad's point that some are still homophobic when people wonder if a male is into the same sex

I'm sure if Nuts had a forum (they may do, I don't know), it would be packed full of guys posting about how much they'd like to have sex with one of the models and how ample her breasts are, some people would be offended by the language used, but then you have to understand the environment and that it's primarily a 'lads' forum about a lads mag.

DS although very gay friendly is still a mixed entertainment forum and therefore the language by some needs to respect that or expect some to be offended by the language used. If this thread was in a gay forum no-one would bat an eyelid, some would be critical of the topic though as gays are individuals and don't all sing from the same hymn sheet.

I think some posters are deliberately trying to confuse - how you find someone attractive and speculating on their sexuality.

Considering the OP is now banned this thread was an attempt to wind people up, it seems to have worked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP I have seen Tom practising his diving several times at our local pool. Have no idea whether he is straight or gay but what I will say is he is VERY tanned, more so than he looks on TV and his tan makes David Dickinson look pale. :eek:
    Regarding his sexuality shall I make life easy and just go and ask him next time I see him at the pool? ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    OP I have seen Tom practising his diving several times at our local pool. Have no idea whether he is straight or gay but what I will say is he is VERY tanned, more so than he looks on TV and his tan makes David Dickinson look pale. :eek:
    Regarding his sexuality shall I make life easy and just go and ask him next time I see him at the pool? ;):D

:eek::D

The fact is that Tom is dependent on sponsorship and if he is gay he may worry that he may put that at risk. Sadly not all companies are up-to-date in terms of public attitudes to homosexuality.

The last time I saw him on TV he did look a bit orange. If you approach him, please let him know it is not an appealing skin colour.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the tan I have to say.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the tan I have to say.

Yeah it's nice :)
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    :eek::D

The fact is that Tom is dependent on sponsorship and if he is gay he may worry that he may put that at risk. Sadly not all companies are up-to-date in terms of public attitudes to homosexuality.

The last time I saw him on TV he did look a bit orange. If you approach him, please let him know it is not an appealing skin colour.

If I told him that I think I'd blow any chance of getting an answer to the other question. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    If I told him that I think I'd blow any chance of getting an answer to the other question. :D

You won't get an answer to the other question but at least you can give him skin care advice. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'd be my first choice to motorboat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, what a can of worms. I did wonder how darling Tom managed to generate 11 pages in such a short time and I saw a name I recognised so thought I'd read. Lots of valid points from both sides. I definitely wouldn't tell anyone not to speculate on a showbiz thread as that is virtually what every thread is made up of. If Tom is gay I hope he comes out relatively soon as the world needs gay role models of his ilk. that's all. :)
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misspolly wrote: »
    Blimey, what a can of worms. I did wonder how darling Tom managed to generate 11 pages in such a short time and I saw a name I recognised so thought I'd read. Lots of valid points from both sides. I definitely wouldn't tell anyone not to speculate on a showbiz thread as that is virtually what every thread is made up of. If Tom is gay I hope he comes out relatively soon as the world needs gay role models of his ilk. that's all. :)

It's posts like this that people get wound up about. What right do you have to assume he's gay? He might be, but unless you can get into his brain and bedroom you have no right to make an assumption about someone. Also if he is gay, why does he have to announce it to the world? Hetro people don't announce that they are straight in the papers.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    It's posts like this that people get wound up about. What right do you have to assume he's gay? He might be, but unless you can get into his brain and bedroom you have no right to make an assumption about someone. Also if he is gay, why does he have to announce it to the world? Hetro people don't announce that they are straight in the papers.

Why do some ALWAYS say this? Heterosexual is the assumed sexuality until people are corrected. People in this thread are probably just being curious.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another sexuality speculation thread, what a surprise. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Why do some ALWAYS say this? Heterosexual is the assumed sexuality until people are corrected. People in this thread are probably just being curious.

As well as f!@king nosy. If Tom did turn out to be gay, then reading pathetic threads like this is not exactly helping him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what 'doesn't help' people is this 'OMG you've mentioned the G word. How inappropriate, none of your business, stop mentioning it, stop talking about it.'

If people were like that with both sexualities, fine, but they're not. This over sensitivity when it comes to the 'gay issue' does inadvertently single it out. I know people think they're being helpful and 'tolerant' but in actual fact the impact is the reverse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Some are not being curious though, some are suggesting he is gay and that it's 'obvious' he is gay. To me that is trying to out someone, which is cruel when the person has stated they are not gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what 'doesn't help' people is this 'OMG you've mentioned the G word. How inappropriate, none of your business, stop mentioning it, stop talking about it.'

If people were like that with both sexualities, fine, but they're not. This over sensitivity when it comes to the 'gay issue' does inadvertently single it out. I know people think they're being helpful and 'tolerant' but in actual fact the impact is the reverse.

I don't give a flying xxxx whether he is or isn't, I just find it disingenuous when some sectors of the gay community insist that a famous person must announce it if they are gay.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you considered it's not about sexuality but actually saying something about someone when they have told people it's not the case? I know I'd be hurt and annoyed if people kept saying I'm something I'm not.

Examples of other labels that people may tell you 'none of your business':

Tom Daley Vegetarian - but is he really, I'm sure I saw him eating a burger and he doesn't look or sound like a vegetarian.

Tom Daley Lib Dem supporter - well he seems to me to be more Conservative, he's just got that look of a Tory about him.

You're just seeing one small view in all this, try opening your mind to other possibilities, it may not be homophobia you're seeing in action.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't gay last night ;)

In my dreams though...
This discussion has been closed.