Had a scary experience this morning.

2»

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mollybe wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I will keep my doors locked in future.

There was no CCTV as I was still on the housing estate where I live.

Si, I have taken your comments on board but don't see how I could have rolled backwards as my handbrake was on.

I also heard no impact noise at all and there is not a single mark on my car.

Even if I did I still don't think it justifies him opening my car door and scaring the life out of me ands a 4yr old.

If he does turn up I shall just swap details with him and get in touch with my insurance

He doesn't know what CCTV is around.

Tell him that you have looked at the CCTV evidence and have passed it to the police (you could have a front/rear car cam for all he knows) I doubt you'll see or hear from him again.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if you had rolled back you would have felt the bump, even if it was slight?
  • MollybeMollybe Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't feel any impact at all and as I said there is not even a slight scratch on the back of my car.

He still hasn't arrives so maybe that will be the end of it. I do hope so. I can't tell you how scary it was. My granddaughter was upset too.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should never admit you were at fault in an accident, even if you were. Insurance companies sort out the blame for accidents and one of their T&Cs is that you should not admit liability.