Disney's Moana

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
Trailer for Walt Disney Animation Studios' next animated feature, Moana.
https://youtu.be/nGfkNDa2xfE
Due out here December 2nd.
Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast South Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a millennium, their voyages stopped – and no one today knows why. From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes “Moana,” a sweeping, CG-animated adventure about a spirited teenager who sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder and fulfil her ancestors’ unfinished quest. During her journey, she meets the once-mighty demi-god Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), and together, they traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous fiery creatures and impossible odds. Directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (“The Little Mermaid,” “Aladdin,” “The Princess & the Frog”).

Comments

• pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks brilliant. I dislike cgi cartoons but Disney is on a roll recently.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The water alone looks stunning. They just keep improving and improving the CG.
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this. One for the obvious - Disney, two because it looks beautiful but also because the songs are co-written by Lin-Manuel Miranda who is the hottest thing in musical theatre right now (Hamilton) and who I adore.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,156
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this. It's being directed by Ron Clements and Jon Musker, who also did The Little Mermaid and Aladdin, among others.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the hand-drawn tattoos on Maui are done by Eric Goldberg, who aniamted the Genie (Aladdin), Philoctetes (Hercules) and the Rhapsody in Blue sequence of Fantasisa/2000.