Options

PS Plus

Comments

• Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love FW updates too.

As the update is tomorrow we can expect a new PS Blog article in a few hours telling us:

Firmware 3.40 update for PlayStation 3:
    support for PSN+ enabled.
    We look forward to your feedback.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    I love FW updates too.

As the update is tomorrow we can expect a new PS Blog article in a few hours telling us:

Firmware 3.40 update for PlayStation 3:
    support for PSN+ enabled.
    We look forward to your feedback.

They won't be looking forward to your feed back lol.

Your such an pessimist, or should i say realist, best you decide.
  • Options
    frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    I think we will only know if we actually want it when it's available.

I wonder if you buy it via the store, and is the store changes when you have it, basically how it's delivered! Us subscribers may have a totally new PSN store!
  • Options
    williammurwilliammur Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Thanks for posting.

Oooooo, a video editor on the PS3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't be looking forward to your feed back lol.

Your such an pessimist, or should i say realist, best you decide.

When you've had a PS3 for really long (a few months after launch) you learn to realise that " increasing stability of some software titles" is mostly your lot for new FW updates :D:D
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The euro blog store screenshot of PS+ 1 yr subscription shows "free" next to it LOL
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/28/ps3-system-software-update-v3-40-and-playstation-plus-available-later-today/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The euro blog store screenshot of PS+ 1 yr subscription shows "free" next to it LOL
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/06/28/ps3-system-software-update-v3-40-and-playstation-plus-available-later-today/

Thats being eagle eyed seeing that! lol
  • Options
    williammurwilliammur Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That will do me LOL.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats being eagle eyed seeing that! lol

lol not really, someone posted it in the comments.

I love the comments. "You missed out the cross game chat from that list" etc LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cross game chat was left out for one reason, allow me to list it. :D

1)When uptake is pathetically woeful due to the complete shambles of offering people year old games and year old sets of DLC they'll add more "gaming related features" (XGC) in order to renew interest in the service.

Begs the question - why not just roll it out at launch to some fanfare to create a much awaited service? I mean. . .they were going to. . .they'd the article and page put up. . .and yet backed out. :D

PlayStation Directors are simple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they got hit by a last minute lawsuit from MS or someone. The blog does say they only posted "some of the highlights", though I do think we'd be clutching at straws for XGC not to be mentioned if it was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Cross game chat was left out for one reason, allow me to list it. :D

1)When uptake is pathetically woeful due to the complete shambles of offering people year old games and year old sets of DLC they'll add more "gaming related features" (XGC) in order to renew interest in the service.

Begs the question - why not just roll it out at launch to some fanfare to create a much awaited service? I mean. . .they were going to. . .they'd the article and page put up. . .and yet backed out. :D

PlayStation Directors are simple.

Reading the comments, their seems to be quite a lot of interest in taking up PSN+ lol.

Uptake will be quite high i think, for the first year anyway, after that its all down to sony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading the comments, their seems to be quite a lot of interest in taking up PSN+ lol.

Uptake will be quite high i think, for the first year anyway, after that its all down to sony.

You'll get alot of the 16 year olds getting their mommies to buy it. I'm guessing that's Sony's fallback.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna do it. It's all part of the Playstation experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thats right, no point being tight and missing out just cos it isn't one massive free fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The way I see it, I will subscribe for the year with the intention of paying £40 a year and continuing it every year. If after 12 months I feel it was rubbish and only got maybe 3 games out of it that I was bothered about, I'll cancel it and then buy the 3 games from the store.

It's only £40 over the whole year. They aint gonna give you old sh** for the whole 12 months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well I am know the owner of LBP x3!!l ol and Wipeout HD.

I have a sexy shinny cross next to my time and I am superior to you lot:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

So who's joined the club then??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not done that but messed around in the photo editor to upload a photo to facebook. that worked quickly. there's also an app you have to download on Facebook itself if you want to add the friend list etc to your PC. Looks like its maybe only if they also sign up for the facebook thing that they appear on this list though as cant see my whole list. In fact cant see anyone. Hoping you dont need to actually add folk to facebook too, as only use facebook for family.

"
    UPDATE: Thanks for all of the feedback. Just a quick update, 3.40 has been released. In addition, PlayStation Plus is now available in the PlayStation Store.

We’re thrilled to hear that many of you are excited about the five star rating feature. This feature is retroactive for all of your PlayStation Store activity, so you can jump into the store right now and start rating all of your past purchases. Look for a “Rate” button on the product pages.

The PSN App on Facebook is also live. You can find it here: http://apps.facebook.com/playstation. "
    and I downloaded the video editor (44MB) but didnt have a video to edit at that moment.

We all seem to have the trophy level next to our IDs too as default.

Havent quite found the store rating thing yet.
    Couldnt see anything else and now my son has jumped on PS3 so thats that for now.

~EDIT: You cannot edit a video that was on your HDD previous to 3.40, it has to be new.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Darobi wrote: »

I have a sexy shinny cross next to my time and I am superior to you lot:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

I have just joined !
    cant see the shinny cross next to your name though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the shiny cross only appears to the person who has it and not to others so they only think they are superior LOL :D:p

seriously though. Is there a lot of options in the autodownload part ??? wondering about push demos being able to be [off] etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading at sixthaxis about the "infamous" game hitting the store (to all) - Japan so far (probably US by now), UK later.

Its a 7GB download, no mention of pricing.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/29/infamous-hits-psn-store/

LBP is 2GB but possibly major patching once downloaded, not sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading at sixthaxis about the "infamous" game hitting the store (to all) - Japan so far (probably US by now), UK later.

Its a 7GB download, no mention of pricing.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/29/infamous-hits-psn-store/

LBP is 2GB but possibly major patching once downloaded, not sure.

EDIT: The rumour is that infamous is Shareable too which is a strange decision, though Sony are toughening up on the account deactivating so be careful sharers out there. Wonder the price though since it can be bought on disk for about £10 now and traded back for about £4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darobi wrote: »

Ya not superior to me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should all take a note of the costs you have potentially saved over the year of the things you have truly enjoyed. I dont mean the cost of everything, as there will be tons you wont enjoy, not interested in and already got, etc. Just add it up over the year and see how you get on with it. Maybe just keep a little notepad doc on your computer or something.

Just another little note.
    Someone with Fat Princess. How about starting the game today, DONT update it. Turn it off and then set your auto download to come on and see if it gets this update for you.

I mention FP, as that did update today and I've already updated. I'm also saying to start it so it knows its a recent game you are playing.