Options

Creative Zen docks... are there any?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, I would like a dock for my Creative Zen (Just Zen) but can't seem to find any. I've read a couple of iPod docks which say there compatable have fried and destroyed the Zen. Does anyone own one or know of a place that sells them?

Comments

• Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. I think you're going to be out of luck if you're looking for a speaker-dock type system, one that recharges as you play. Creative have yet to release one for the Zen and there's no sign of them doing so. I still have their classic Zen Vision M (3years + and still going:)) and I have their excellent Playdock Z500, which recharged when playing. Bt when my ZVM goes to the Mp3 graveyard, I'll be left with a redundant Z500...well, one that can charge a player at the same time.

The Zen will connect to these iPod speaker docks, but only via the headphone socket and therefore not truly docking / charging at the same time. It doesn't have the proprietary connectors that iPods and ZVMs have. But you can still play tunes through them - it just wont't charge. And you won't be in any danger of frazzing your player. Unfortunately, the Zen is of a different size to fit the speaker docks on the Zen V series so that's not an option.

Creative are really dragging their heels on this, instead spending too much time and resource on developing accessories for iPods, when there are plenty of other companies doing that already! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help, i'll go looking for some good speakers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I find it impossible to find a playdock z500 out there. Let me know when and if you wanna sell yours ;)

If anyone could find a place in the world where I could find a knew or used, please let me know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I didnt realise they don't do docks for Zens :( shame cos I was thinking of buying one and wondered why I couldnt find any, only this topic came up lol. At the moment I'm having to nick my dads Logic3 iStation which has a cable to make mine work. Only thing is it drains the battery a lot, and obviously doesnt charge it. But suppose it'll do, at least it works!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If creative havn't got one, then most likley there isn't one. I was looking for docking station for my creative zen, but found out there are none on the market, not even third party ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    my zen vision m is my fave gadget.
    if you're after a speaker dock then i reckon you're gonna struggle coz the playdock is the only one i know of and they're hard to find , you do find em on ebay but the last few that ive seen on there have gone for over £150.
    if you're after a charger dock then i recommend the vision m accessory pack, i've just bought one (new) from ebay for £10 delivered .
    its very good - i got a power adaptor with uk + ce plugs, video cable, rubber skin for the player, screen protector and a set of creative ep-630 earphones.