Options

short lived comedy Next of Kin

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSR7mfrjvWs

I loved it, was a fave of mine and sadly many of my faves never last past a couple of series.

Comments

• Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    I remember it very well indeed. I used to love it because I was about as old as the precocious little brat of a daughter when it came out. It was also filmed on location in my former home town, Cheltenham, Glos.
  • Options
    trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember it very well indeed. I used to love it because I was about as old as the precocious little brat of a daughter when it came out. It was also filmed on location in my former home town, Cheltenham, Glos.

Interesting.

Are you from Stirling originally? I was born there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah I worked in Stirling for a bit - at least when I signed up for a DS account. Theres a good website with details and screenshots from Next Of Kin:
    http://www.gloucestershireonscreen.co.uk
  • Options
    JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that show!!! Best episode was the 'F' word one when the small kid was called fat but told the gran he was called the f word. You didnt know till the end of the episode when the gran was ranting at the teacher and he told his brother and sister what the f word was in the car.

One of the kids would only eat round food too and other quirks.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    I remember this- the premis was criticised quite heavily in the TV press at the time as being a bit iffy for a comedy ( the death of their son and his wife) . The fact that penelope Keith & William Gaunt weren't particulalry upset about their sons death made it a bit tricky to sympathise with them.

Can't say it was brilliant but I did watch - mainly becuase I had a bit of a crush on William Gaunt from his days in The Champions when he was young and sexy- I was quite amazed to find that he had grown old(er)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This one needs another repeat pronto!!!