Options

Do drivers honk their horn at you?

Aaron.BishopAaron.Bishop Posts: 978
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you ever respond negatively or positive to this? How do you respond to this? I was outside earlier today and someone in a horrible lime green colored Renault Megane randomly honked their horn at me, somebody I obviously do not know. So prior to that I usually just mumbled '**** you' under my breath and go about my business. Is it nice for someone to honk their horn at you by the way or is it just for some unnecessary reason?

Comments

• Options
    Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As in my thread yesterday, I was freelancing around a local accident scene and some irate woman decided to blare the car horn before giving me a lecture about 'morals' and such crap, without knowing who I was or what I was doing.
    The law states...

It is illegal to sound a car horn in a residential area between the hours of 11.30pm and 7.30am.
    The law forbids any “unnecessary use” of the horn, for example as a greeting. It is also illegal at any time to sound your car horn when stationary.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really although someone did give me the fingers which I saw in my rear view mirror because I misjudged how fast they were going and pulled out in front of them, making them slow down (a bit, not by a dangerous amount). I do beep the horn at people who are making dangerous mistakes because how else will they learn? They'll just think its OK to drive on at a roundabout when there is somebody coming on their right and keep doing it, potentially causing an accident. I live on a country road and if somebody comes tearing down it in the middle, doesn't slow down, and forces me into the ditch they too will get the horn blared at them.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honk my horn at women with big tits. As a form of appreciation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I honk my horn at women with big tits. As a form of appreciation.

oh so it was you who honked at me then

* waves, and flashes my big tits at you * :D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    * waves, and flashes my big tits at you * :D

Appreciated. :)
  • Options
    ShreddedPartsShreddedParts Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I get honked at all the time, I usually reply with a casual wink!
  • Options
    Evertonian5Evertonian5 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I have a neighbour whose relatives honk their horn as they leave.

What's the point of that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a neighbour whose relatives honk their horn as they leave.

What's the point of that?

That irritates me. It also annoys me if I'm in the garden and someone pulls up to pick a neighbour up then honks the horn. Makes me jump out of my skin every time.
  • Options
    soapfan1982soapfan1982 Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I hate it when people honk the horn at a neighbour when arriving or in the street when they see someone they know and it is a huge loud honk. I do also beep people who make a mistake but sometimes I have been honked and just accept it and learn not to inconvenience others again, well not as often. If I do accidentally inconvenience someone I wave my hand to say sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the horn is supposed to be used to warn people of a potentially dangerous situation, trouble is it is so misused that it loses its effect.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    the horn is supposed to be used to warn people of a potentially dangerous situation, trouble is it is so misused that it loses its effect.

Exactly...walking down the road shaking your arse and hanging your breasts out IS a dangerous situation
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That irritates me. It also annoys me if I'm in the garden and someone pulls up to pick a neighbour up then honks the horn. Makes me jump out of my skin every time.
    Must be a big horn!!!!!