Wow Jade Ellis

2»

Comments

• outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Would have been impressed if she could have held the long notes at the end of every Line
    Ie not g..g.game
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    she made an AMY song sound boring
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best of the night AMAZING
  • gavh26gavh26 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best performance of the night, would love her to do a Rebecca and go under the radar until the later weeks and finish top two.

One of those voices I would listen to over and over again, Rebecca was my favourite X Factor contestant ever, and Jade has something about her which is nearly as special.

Fingers crossed for her
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she over sang and it was slowed down to a snail's pace. wasn't keen though she has a nice vocal tone.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She's not a star - no X Factor.

And tonight her voice grated.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was the only one I stopped to fully listen to. Found myself drifting or having issues with everyone else for one reason or another.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Beautiful girl,beautiful voice.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Jade sang as good as Aretha Franklyn or Adele or Freddie Mercury she would still be considered rubbish by some. (And personally she sang phenomenal tonight)
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was the only one tonight whose performance I found fully engaging. Great performance!
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another classy performance from Jade.
  • blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't rate her up until tonight, did not know why she was on the show. Was positively boring last week but this week - AMAZING!

Wiped the floor with them all including Ella - my favourite.

Having said that Jade got an incredible song. Second week in a row Ella got the wrong song.

As for District 3 - what is it with this band and bad song choices? Are they trying to get rid of them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I thought it was lovely.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love that song, one of amy`s best. she really sang it well, i was really impressed to be fair. her performance last week was good, but this was so much better. the song was perfect for her.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best voice out of the lot I would pay to see her as I would Rebecca Ferguson
    gavh26 wrote: »
    Best performance of the night, would love her to do a Rebecca and go under the radar until the later weeks and finish top two.

One of those voices I would listen to over and over again, Rebecca was my favourite X Factor contestant ever, and Jade has something about her which is nearly as special.

Fingers crossed for her

Odd, isn't it, that I LOVE Jade - she's my favourite contestant this year, and yet I hated Rebecca's voice, it's like fingernails down a blackboard to me!!

Hope Jade goes far, her voice is fab, and with a little more vocal coaching I feel she could be perfect.

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    She has a beautiful tone to her voice, love her!
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it.
  • only1winneronly1winner Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Anybody else thing the crying for being a mummy trying to do her best etc was all lies?
    she even said in her VT that she dosnt wanna go back tot eh school run! unless she in full make up and posh frock! thats not someone who is a mummy 1st... and singer second! she gone right down in my estimations! on a positive point could hear her tonight! but her voice is not my cup of tea! its got a husky tone to it.. and cos the song was slow it was winey! this forum well over rates people! dread tot hink what you would be doing if you was talking about the american and australian contestants!!
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody else thing the crying for being a mummy trying to do her best etc was all lies?
    she even said in her VT that she dosnt wanna go back tot eh school run! unless she in full make up and posh frock! thats not someone who is a mummy 1st... and singer second! she gone right down in my estimations! on a positive point could hear her tonight! but her voice is not my cup of tea! its got a husky tone to it.. and cos the song was slow it was winey! this forum well over rates people! dread tot hink what you would be doing if you was talking about the american and australian contestants!!

Not sure why the discussion on being a mother. I think Jade must be a good mother though as she has clearly made a nice job of her daughter so far. :)

I can understand her meaning. Perhaps she just wants to work as a singer and provide a better life for her daughter.

Jade has grown on me since the lives. She has a beautiful tone to her voice and I can imagine buying an album. Just nice to listen to. (Reminds me a bit of Gabrielle).

Nice to look at too, but I wish they would do something with her hair. I would rather see her natural colour.
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her, but her performance, despite being pretty.... it didn't GO anywhere. It just kinda sat there... it was kinda poor in terms of yaknow... being good. She's great, I love her but I think the backing track didn't rise or fall and it just seemed a flat performance. Glad people liked it though.
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade is the one contestant who just oozes star quality to me. She is striking beautiful, gorgeous vocal tone, immaculate chops and a really captivating quality to her performances. I thought her Amy Winehouse cover tonight was stunning. I was rooted to my couch while she was singing. It was so heartfelt and poignant. She told a great story. I see that some people are complaining the song didn't "go anywhere". But for me, it was just a simple, aching song about heartbreak and loss that she relayed magnificently. I think she is a superstar.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade was the best of the night for me. She is definitely the underdog in the competition. I am rooting for her. She has upstaged Ella on both of the live shows so Jade will definitely be receiving my vote.