I'm in despair - there is NOTHING good coming out!

13»

Comments

• len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantasia has a hot new single out tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdjXsQuy3Q
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    There is plenty of good music that has already been released and waiting to be discovered. ;)

Another vote for this. If you're "genre locked" then I accept you're going to struggle, but if you're not, then there's good music out there wherever you look.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    So I've just done the weekly update of my new releases' playlist, and I've added over 100 (count 'em) tracks. And not a will.i.am in sight, OP: http://spoti.fi/OQ15nN

(You may have noticed Bon Jovi have crept in there, though. Apologies for that.)
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Awaits Macklemore - Thrift Shop to be #1 by February...

"I'm gonna pop some taaaaags..." :D
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the comments about there being some great music out there but not if you only listen to 'chart music'! There is always top music available but you have to be prepared to go and actually listen to it...

If you have a look in the area of blues/roots/Americana for example, I have been inundated with brilliant new music recently...check out Navacross for one, new album out Jan 19th. English as well. Jake Lear from the States, one of the best roots albums of recent years. And look out for Jo Harman this year, she is recording her debut album right now...probably more soul but with blues tinges...I doubt you will find a better British female vocalist this year...she knocks spots off anything you will find in the charts and her band is awesome too...

You just have to be open minded!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    There's a list of albums that are due for release on my website if you want to take a look

--
    thinkofmusic.com
    Forum Member
    It's that time again, OP: another 100+ tracks on my new releases' playlist. Same link as ever: http://spoti.fi/OQ15nN

Gotta be something you like on there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Start of the year is always a bad time for music, it will get better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    The knife are releasing a new album -really. i loved heartbeats, especially the remix from donkey punch. oh the memories of Ibiza....
  • jwar1976jwar1976 Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    There's a list of albums that are due for release on my website if you want to take a look

--
    thinkofmusic.com

Great informative site, I am looking forward to the new BFMV album "Temper Temper". I am one of those who are Genre locked, but am thankful to the likes of Kerrang, which has programes dedicated to albums being released this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's lots of good new music out.

If you like futuristic/new age real R&B like Brandy, Frank Ocean etc check out Dawn Richard's Goldenheart which was just released digitally this week. One of the best debut albums I've heard in quite a while. Warning, it's not the usual chart rubbish. You can stream it here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Just think:

Beyoncé, Gaga and (probably) Rihanna and Britney are all releasing music this year.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Rihanna :eek::eek::eek: releasing musiccccc OMGF I'M SO EXCITED she never releases anything... she's like a recluse! ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine Dragons release 'Night Visions' in the UK in February. I am so stoked, even though I already have it.

Also, check out AWOLNATION. Start with 'Kill Your Heroes' and 'Jump On My Shoulders', then move on to 'Wake Up', 'Soul Wars' and 'Sail'. Lovely stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Think I may go and hang myself.........

they're not worth it:D
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Loreen - Heal

Definitely check this album out. It's brilliant! :D It only came out at the end of October.

Oh, Heal really is quite a beautiful album. One of the first albums i got this year actually, alongside Gotye's Like Drawing Blood album and the two Florence and the Machine records...

...There's quite a few new ones that i'm looking forward to getting like Lady Gaga's Artpop and David Bowie's new album alongside his 2002 BestofBowie CD (i'm finally at a point now where i feel i can truly start to embrace his music and his styles - he really inspired me with the way he came back last week with the new single and album announcement as if from nowhere ;) just awesome - let him be another rare male artist who unites 'sound and vision' to my list of inspirational performers (cos they are pretty hard to come by imo))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends what kind of music you like, really.. I've got a modern country-sounding single that's been out a couple of months but not really on that scale... :p
    Forum Member
    You know, I am good to you, OP; another 120+ tracks on this week's new releases' playlist. We're doing pretty good considering nothing was coming out, eh? http://spoti.fi/OQ15nN
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I may go and hang myself.........

Don`t let anyone hold you back
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In January there are new releases from
    Buffy Clyro
    New Order
    The Joy Formidable
    Everything Everything
    I Am Kloot

The first week of February sees releases by
    Eels
    The Courteeners

Oh wait, you were just looking for teeny pop crap

I know what you mean, for me in the next month or so there's...

Riverside - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves
    Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (and other stories)
    Audrey Horne - Youngblood
    Markize - A Perfect Lie
    Paatos - V

There's always loads of great new music coming out. :D
    Forum Member
    Indeed there is. I listen to music as soon as I get up in the morning and pretty much don't stop until I go to bed at night, and there *still* aren't enough hours in the day to listen to everything I want to hear.

So, to wrap this topic up, here's the last batch of new stuff from this month. I found over 200 tracks for you, OP, but fear not: I've skimmed all the dross off the top and have a more manageable 120+ for you: http://spoti.fi/OQ15nN

I guess the moral of this story is to not complain that there's no good music about; get out and look for it. And in the 2nd Decade of the 3rd Millennium it has *never* been so easy.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a tip

Start listening to real music outside of the rotating rubbish chute that is the Top 40