Options

Leona Lewis' new album flopping, not going to chart in Top 20

Comments

• Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dull as dishwater.

I bet she has more personality than you. Stay mad and pressed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    You couldn't resist right? Tettiness at its highest level. I'm glad Leona makes you pressed and jealous hence you come in every thread. And it's true what everyone says about you, I completely agree :kitty:

And you, as usual, cannot back up your arguments! And as usual you can't resist making personal comments about others. I am going on the sales of her last LP - not really a lot sold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    And you, as usual, cannot back up your arguments! And as usual you can't resist making personal comments about others. I am going on the sales of her last LP - not really a lot sold.

So 1 album flopped and people stopped liking her? Well, that's ridiculous to say. Many artists flop but their next album can be good again. Has nothing to do with "not many people love her anymore". Your ignorance is killing me once again.
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She earned 1.2 million last year by touring (Glassheart tour, Art on Ice) and private gigs.

Confused. What has that to do with what I posted? But taking up on your point about all the private gigs she's done, had Leona spent more time giving back to her UK fans, instead of lining her own pockets, she probably wouldn't be needing to release a budget Xmas album to try and reignite her career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    Confused. What has that to do with what I posted? But taking up on your point about all the private gigs she's done, had Leona spent more time giving back to her UK fans, instead of lining her own pockets, she probably wouldn't be needing to release a budget Xmas album to try and reignite her career.

"Have her sales even covered her promo costs.? She's currently giving away copies of her album begging fans to download her single. "

Perfect reply on your comment, nothing confusing about.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's back to Pizza Hut for Leona, my local is hiring if they need her, perhaps she could submit a CV.

With £12m in the bank, I don't think she'll be waiting tables at Pizza Hut anytime soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 1 album flopped and people stopped liking her? Well, that's ridiculous to say. Many artists flop but their next album can be good again. Has nothing to do with "not many people love her anymore". Your ignorance is killing me once again.

I would say her music - yes. Otherwise it would have sold - on the basis that people buy what they like (unless you are telling me people buy it just because it is Leona Lewis). Another personal dig.
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Have her sales even covered her promo costs.? She's currently giving away copies of her album begging fans to download her single. "

Perfect reply on your comment, nothing confusing about.

How, i'm talking about the sales from this budget album covering this round of promo. Surely the aim of this release was to claw back money lost from Glassheart as well as raising Leona's profile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

I would say her music - yes. Otherwise it would have sold - on the basis that people buy what they like (unless you are telling me people buy it just because it is Leona Lewis). Another personal dig.

Aww don't cry though!

You said people don't like Leona and I said they didn't like the music on Glassheart, hence it sold not good. GH didn't sell well jus tbecause they don't love her, only because the music didn't connect. This era proves again, there is still interest in Leona. 7 years and still here and won't leave anytime soon.
    Amazing wrote: »
    How, i'm talking about the sales from this budget album covering this round of promo. Surely the aim of this release was to claw back money lost from Glassheart as well as raising Leona's profile.

bib, yeah obviously. What's wrong with that? Or do you rather want her to just releasing whatever what and even sell less than GH. She has to relaunch her career, it didn't go well last year but she just moves on...

I was just saying that she earned a lot of money by touring etc and obviously her team also earned and that's how they could cover the costs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww don't cry though!

You said people don't like Leona and I said they didn't like the music on Glassheart, hence it sold not good. GH didn't sell well jus tbecause they don't love her, only because the music didn't connect. This era proves again, there is still interest in Leona. 7 years and still here and won't leave anytime soon.

bib, yeah obviously. What's wrong with that? Or do you rather want her to just releasing whatever what and even sell less than GH. She has to relaunch her career, it didn't go well last year but she just moves on...

I was just saying that she earned a lot of money by touring etc and obviously her team also earned and that's how they could cover the costs.

Not likely too.

She has been clinging on for the last 3-4 years. She may well last longer - but I personally feel she has a battle ahead, and the next LP will be the watershed I reckon. Poor sales again could be curtains. We shall see - won't we?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not likely too.

She has been clinging on for the last 3-4 years. She may well last longer - but I personally feel she has a battle ahead, and the next LP will be the watershed I reckon. Poor sales again could be curtains. We shall see - won't we?:)

Yes, let me bookmark this :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Her single is currently number 1 in iTunes and her album is number 4 so not really a failure?
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel bad for her. But I think her time in the spotlight is up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Feel bad for her. But I think her time in the spotlight is up.

#1 and #4 iTunes

#3 and #11 Official charts

^_^^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    X factor is just a conveyor belt of dross for the record company involved. As soon as sales drop you're shipped off ready for the next one. Leona was a talent but she isn't interesting enough for people to care about so she isn't get the marketing machine behind her anymore
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Was gonna watch Wossy tonight but now I have heard she's on that's a no
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant understand why people are wanting Leona to flop!..imho she's the best X factor constestant with real TALENT and she set the bar so high, i dont believe anyone has come close vocally. I really hope her album does well and she proves all those critics wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Was gonna watch Wossy tonight but now I have heard she's on that's a no

Sshh - don't say that as her fans think she is interesting.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, you're still here though :kitty:
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Are we talking about Leona "Personality" Lewis!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    I cant understand why people are wanting Leona to flop!..imho she's the best X factor constestant with real TALENT and she set the bar so high, i dont believe anyone has come close vocally. I really hope her album does well and she proves all those critics wrong.

Maybe for the X Factor - but I cannot understand the constant comparisons on here with Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston/Celine Dion who in their first 7 years clearly achieved more than LL is likely too in her career going on current performance. And - I am not sure that citing her as the best to come out of X Factor is much of a compliment - after all the show hasn't been noted for bringing out really good vocalists. I think the show is interested more in the quantity of sales rather than endowing the music industry with much quality.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Leona's Christmas Album only made #13 in the Official UK Album Charts. As I predicted last week, the album didnt make the Top 10 even after all the promotion it has had this week. Very disappointing result, she was beaten by a 2 year Michael Buble album.
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    One More Sleep will be top 5 next Sunday, the album will be top 10. Bookmark me.
    Album failed to make the top 10.
  • Options
    Dean_AdamsDean_Adams Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Leona's Christmas Album only made #13 in the Official UK Album Charts. As I predicted last week, the album didnt make the Top 10 even after all the promotion it has had this week. Very disappointing result, she was beaten by a 2 year Michael Buble album.

Album failed to make the top 10.

Went up 12 places and will keep rising as it gets closer to christmas :D

Go on LeLe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry, Il Divo, Little Mix all behind her. Leona slayed! :D
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find it disappointing at all! There's always next week... as Christmas approaches!
This discussion has been closed.