Simpsons tapped out

Comments

• PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My town updated tonight, the Stonecutter emblems have gone, however Number 1 is now playable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    In addition to the new items added with the July 4th Event update, there were a few other changes to the game. First, changes to the returning items from last year’s July 4th event:

The Nighthawk Diner now costs 90 donuts (and will be available for purchase from July 11th to the 16th). It also now generates $500 and 45 XP every 24 hours when it used to generate $500 and 30 XP.

All-American Apu will cost 30 donuts and be available from July 4th until July 16th for purchase.

Rex Banner and All-American Apu’s jobs now earn at a premium rate.

The Liberty Bell now costs $50000, when last year it was a free gift.

The Pinwheel Firework now costs 40 donuts, gives 400 Vanity points, and provides a 2% bonus. Last year it cost 30 donuts, gave 300 Vanity points and provided a 0.75% bonus.

The Crate of Fireworks now costs 60 donuts and gives 600 Vanity points, when last year it was 50 donuts and 500 Vanity points. Its bonus of 2.25% didn’t change.

The Lisa Liberty Statue now costs 75 donuts and gives a 2.75% bonus when last year it cost 65 donuts and gave a 2.5% bonus.

Many characters have been added to the temporary task Buy Fireworks which is used in All-American Apu’s quest The Rockets Red Glare Part 3.

Other changes in the game:

Tomacco is now a 30 minute crop. This arrived with the app store update.

Build times for a couple buildings have changed. Cletus Farm now builds in 15 minutes when it used to be an hour. The first and primary Krusty Burger builds in 3 hours when it used to be 12 hours (Krusty Burger franchises still take 12 hours).

Apu and Homer’s task to Relax in the Brown House was changed from 6 hour to 2 hours.

Chester Lampwick’s task to Star In A School Production Of Waiting For Godot from the quest Hobo You Didn’t Part 4 was changed from taking place at Springfield High School to Springfield Elementary.

A new character collection for July 4th 2014 was added, which contains Giuseppe and George Washington. Completing the set awards $500 and 10 XP.

With the app store update, this was set back to the way it was before, as in the higher rate. The previous change made Maude Flanders’ task to Get Revenge On Homer now awards $550 and 140 XP when it used to award $840 and 205 XP. But now it is back to the $840 and 205 XP rate!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    In addition to the new items added with the July 4th Event update, there were a few other changes to the game. First, changes to the returning items from last year’s July 4th event:

The Nighthawk Diner now costs 90 donuts (and will be available for purchase from July 11th to the 16th). It also now generates $500 and 45 XP every 24 hours when it used to generate $500 and 30 XP.

All-American Apu will cost 30 donuts and be available from July 4th until July 16th for purchase.

Rex Banner and All-American Apu’s jobs now earn at a premium rate.

The Liberty Bell now costs $50000, when last year it was a free gift.

The Pinwheel Firework now costs 40 donuts, gives 400 Vanity points, and provides a 2% bonus. Last year it cost 30 donuts, gave 300 Vanity points and provided a 0.75% bonus.

The Crate of Fireworks now costs 60 donuts and gives 600 Vanity points, when last year it was 50 donuts and 500 Vanity points. Its bonus of 2.25% didn’t change.

The Lisa Liberty Statue now costs 75 donuts and gives a 2.75% bonus when last year it cost 65 donuts and gave a 2.5% bonus.

Many characters have been added to the temporary task Buy Fireworks which is used in All-American Apu’s quest The Rockets Red Glare Part 3.

Other changes in the game:

Tomacco is now a 30 minute crop. This arrived with the app store update.

Build times for a couple buildings have changed. Cletus Farm now builds in 15 minutes when it used to be an hour. The first and primary Krusty Burger builds in 3 hours when it used to be 12 hours (Krusty Burger franchises still take 12 hours).

Apu and Homer’s task to Relax in the Brown House was changed from 6 hour to 2 hours.

Chester Lampwick’s task to Star In A School Production Of Waiting For Godot from the quest Hobo You Didn’t Part 4 was changed from taking place at Springfield High School to Springfield Elementary.

A new character collection for July 4th 2014 was added, which contains Giuseppe and George Washington. Completing the set awards $500 and 10 XP.

With the app store update, this was set back to the way it was before, as in the higher rate. The previous change made Maude Flanders’ task to Get Revenge On Homer now awards $550 and 140 XP when it used to award $840 and 205 XP. But now it is back to the $840 and 205 XP rate!
    so if you have say last years night hawke diner does it earn at last year's rate or this years?
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not updating yet as I need more emblems for last gift. Don't care about 4th of July actually.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I'm not updating yet as I need more emblems for last gift. Don't care about 4th of July actually.

i tried this before and when i went to visit a neighbour it had a fit saying they were on a different version from me and i must upgrade.
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    This morning my town was still on Stonecutters so I hung on in the hope that I'd get all my emblems by tonight and get the table I wanted. Not to be unfortunately as it updated for me this afternoon. I was so close! Just needed 400 emblems to get to the 31,500. Ah well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Can't find any outdoor tasks for No.1, does he have any?
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ No, he doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got 30 donuts from a mystery box - the best prize I've ever had!
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    Just got 30 donuts from a mystery box - the best prize I've ever had!

That's a good haul. I have had a good number of donuts a couple times. Makes a change from a tree :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I got 10 donuts from one yesterday, first time ever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member

Ditto. I've checked the Simpsons Tapped Out wiki regarding this event but I have to get more emblems so I forgot about the 4th of July gameplay.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone know when a next "event" may be? A summer one perhaps? Any ideas/suggestions

I know monorail has been said a few times
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how monorails would work, especially in packed towns. You would have to do loads of re-arranging to get them placed.

No idea about the next event though. Halloween is still ages away (although I bet it is here before we know it).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I don't see how monorails would work, especially in packed towns. You would have to do loads of re-arranging to get them placed.
    they might give you an extra section to build it in...I admit I don't see how that would work either
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who haven't yet noticed there is currently a Yard Sale offering some limited time items back for a 2nd Chance. The only one that interested me was Mayan Marge & Mayan Homer which I think goes back to before I started playing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seems a weird selection of things to buy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Matt Selman, Executive producer of The Simpsons tweeted this. He also Favorited tweets about the monorail.

Matt Selman @mattselman
    I am writing the most crazy bananas update for Simpsons: Tapped Out that you will ever see in the rest of your given days.

Matt Selman @mattselman
    @simpsonswiki Don't want to ruin the surprise. I think it will "drop" in September.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very new to this. Please feel free to add me under the name erythroleukos. Thanks
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I just got KBBL this morning. First time in ages that I am "ahead" of the game and literally waiting for nothing to be unlocked (apart from premium stuff I don't bother with). I'll still visit friends towns as I am now getting triple money (don't really need the money though but nice to have saved up for future releases).
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Level 43 is here - Krustyland updates only as far as I can see
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Level 43 is here - Krustyland updates only as far as I can see

Yeah, it looks like more gameplay in Krustyland. I'm having problems with one of the quests though, you need Lou & Eddie and they won't come to Krustyland. I wonder if it's because Wiggum is already on a quest, will have to try again in the morning when he's free.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »
    Yeah, it looks like more gameplay in Krustyland. I'm having problems with one of the quests though, you need Lou & Eddie and they won't come to Krustyland. I wonder if it's because Wiggum is already on a quest, will have to try again in the morning when he's free.

That confused me too- Lou & Eddie will only go to KL once the ferris wheel is built.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I am quite annoyed.

The update has given us the Itchy, Scratchy and Poochie balloons.

I bought the Scratchy and Poochie balloons and placed them. The princess icon then appeared and told me I had to place 2 balloons to start the quest. I stored them and tried to place them again by going in through the icon but it still showed 0/2 progress when I placed them both. I now have to buy these balloons again. The game won't even let me sell the other two. >:(
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I am quite annoyed.

The update has given us the Itchy, Scratchy and Poochie balloons.

I bought the Scratchy and Poochie balloons and placed them. The princess icon then appeared and told me I had to place 2 balloons to start the quest. I stored them and tried to place them again by going in through the icon but it still showed 0/2 progress when I placed them both. I now have to buy these balloons again. The game won't even let me sell the other two. >:(

I'd try EA support on that one.