Barry M Instant Nail Effects

13»

Comments

• zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Anyone tried the foil effects? Think the Silver with Black crackle would look cool.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I forgot to come back and say I used a clear topcoat and what a difference! I'v got the pink now as well but it's gone a bit gloopy. Does putting it in the fridge really work??

Nahhh. Maybe it prolongs it for just a little while but I gave up and bought a new bottle. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    hate to be a nail varnish nazi but Nails inc crackle is the original, most expensive & by far the best :)

I would never usually fork out like gbp 20 for a nail varnish but you only need two base coats, and one really thin layer of crackle. Lasts for weeks too!

Wouldn't recommend the pink but the black and gold are great
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    But the Barry M one works perfectly well:p

I have Dark blue with light blue crackle at the moment, looks so cool:D

It chipped the day I put it on though from me having a shower which i wasn't very impressed by:p
  • preeti4fashionpreeti4fashion Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    they are fun lil things. Defo get them, iv got the black
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the pink one, and I used it over sky blue polish, and it looked really good. However, I came back off holidy to find it had dried out. I'd only had it for a couple of months, so I'm not best please. Anyone else had problems?
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I forgot to come back and say I used a clear topcoat and what a difference! I'v got the pink now as well but it's gone a bit gloopy. Does putting it in the fridge really work??

I've had my black one since christmas and after it started getting gloopy it went in the fridge and it's still working well and it's fine. My pink one went straight in and I've had it a few months and there's no gloopiness and it's working well. Putting it in the fridge has worked for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I bought the black one, only used it once, never again! It won't go right at all. :mad: Waste of money.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    They now do the nail crackle thing in gold, silver and purple. I bought the gold one today :)
    Also they do a gold and silver 'foil' effect... not sure what that's meant to do though so didn't buy any :)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They now do the nail crackle thing in gold, silver and purple. I bought the gold one today :)
    Also they do a gold and silver 'foil' effect... not sure what that's meant to do though so didn't buy any :)

I've got the gold foil effect. It doesn't "do" anything, it's just a gold foil. They claim that it's a never before seen gold foil just like fancy nail wraps from salons, but it isn't. It's very nice, but it's a perfectly normal gold foil, much like at least three others in my collection!
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Barry M catalogue today and they have "croc" nail effect varnish in it.