Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've noticed a few ads are now using a technique of using different versions of the same tune in their ads.

Direct Line and O2 are the main culprits.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natwest with the awful cover of Frank Sinatra's "That's Life".

ENOUGH WITH THE CRAPPY COVERS!! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    This Red Cross advert.........just a load of mumbleing to me :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juLcLxVoOac
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Still Go Compare. The fact they're kinda going 'see? SEE? We hate him too! Hahaha lets hurt him! We're so funny' ...

You would be better 'Saving The Nation' by coming up with a new concept ad folk. Sack the guy who first suggested it. Seriously.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Halifax

Still singing

Badly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halifax

Still singing

Badly.

Yeah, WTH?! :mad:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Natwest with the awful cover of Frank Sinatra's "That's Life".

ENOUGH WITH THE CRAPPY COVERS!! :mad:

That sounds like Shirley Bassey to me :confused: OK its not Frank but if it IS her, calling it crappy is wide of the mark :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LynseyK wrote: »
    Still Go Compare. The fact they're kinda going 'see? SEE? We hate him too! Hahaha lets hurt him! We're so funny' ...

You would be better 'Saving The Nation' by coming up with a new concept ad folk. Sack the guy who first suggested it. Seriously.

High on my list too. It just seems creepy building the guy up, then making a thing about beating him up. And how long before some idiot trys it for real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the Smirnoff ad, easily the most pretenious thing I have seen in ages. Young things smothering themselves in paint. Brightly coloured sheets. Then the tag "Make The Night" as if one brand of booze makes a difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandytop wrote: »
    High on my list too. It just seems creepy building the guy up, then making a thing about beating him up. And how long before some idiot trys it for real.

The new one only shows him getting captured in a net rather than being hurt which is better imo :p
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Foster's advert, with the two Australian guys, really annoys me. Despite how the series of adverts wants to portray it, I don't think that Australia is the coolest place on Earth and therefore its inhabitants the coolest people.
  • Options
    PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The betting advert with the screaming idiot.

The advert where that women thinks bleeding gums are normal.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new advert with a man and woman singing/humming along to the James Bond theme is sure to rattle the cages of a few members here!
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The McDonalds advert that shows a group of girls sitting on a table and on girl goes "So I text im' and he text me back saying see you later, I mean see you later what does that even mean?"

It means he'll see you later, you dumb sh*t.

Really really cannot stand that advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one hearing someone offscreen shouting 'ACTION' on the Injury Lawyers 4 U advert???

Nope, I have heard it too...had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure I heard it right
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bloody BT Olympishhh ad is STILL ON!!!?
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed that the "see you latah" bit of the McHydrogenatedFattyCrap advert was an attempt at a sly nod to the propensity of young women in their first relationships to over-analyse every single word their boyfriends say/text/grunt.

The "favourite caramel shop" advert is back. Joy. Note to Werthers: there ARE no "favourite caramel shops". As a concept, the "caramel shop" does not exist, and pretending that it does purely so you can shoehorn in an ad campaign for your caramel-based sweet that doesn't involve grandads in cardigans doesn't make it so.

The Ikea advert. Wtf? And is that actually Maxine Peake prancing round in the lycra catsuit, or a looky-likey? The resemblance is uncanny if it isn't her.

The recent Go Compare adverts have achieved the impossible. They have made me mildly nostalgic for the original "he's only a tenor/tenner" advert, when it was just a mildly annoying ad with a slightly duff pun and not the lumbering behemoth of pop-culture "concept" it has mutated into today.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard an advert for Text Loans For Me on Kerrang Radio and I couldn't believe the charges. 4,474% APR!!! :eek:

PARK - Christmas 2013?! It's only September and we're nowhere near Christmas 2012! PISS OFF! :mad:
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    The "favourite caramel shop" advert is back. Joy. Note to Werthers: there ARE no "favourite caramel shops". As a concept, the "caramel shop" does not exist, and pretending that it does purely so you can shoehorn in an ad campaign for your caramel-based sweet that doesn't involve grandads in cardigans doesn't make it so.

Perhaps they do in Germany or America where this ad was probably made and intended for.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The Ikea advert. Wtf? And is that actually Maxine Peake prancing round in the lycra catsuit, or a looky-likey? The resemblance is uncanny if it isn't her.
    It's an awful ad but the girl is quite cute, which is something you can't say about Maxine Peake.
  • Options
    James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably mentioned already but the Toothpaste one, where you have the brunette who has a healthy lifestyle but has erosion from orange juice etc and her dentist recommends some brand. Fridge full of smoothies and fruit, she would be alot of fun as a GF lol!

I was watching with my fiance the other night and said to her "God, what that girl needs is a **** up her ****!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Erm... Unless you go to the posh school across the river, that's actually how you're supposed to pronounce it, apparently.

I thought that too :confused: I pronounce it Shroosbury.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Coco Chanel advert with Keira Knightley. I really can't stand it, and I'm sick of the song too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's an awful ad but the girl is quite cute, which is something you can't say about Maxine Peake.

The song/noise (I'm tempted to call it the latter) don't help the advert at all. In fact, I wouldn't care if it was mute, as long as I didn't have to listen to "sha la la la la" ever again.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

Perhaps they do in Germany or America where this ad was probably made and intended for.

Then they should either have adapted it for the UK market by not referring to a type of shop that doesn't exist here, or featured someone with a German or American accent to clarify that they were recalling an establishment that does exist in one of those countries.
This discussion has been closed.