Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was fascinated by the photo ;) I told him a bit about them but I didn't get a chance to let him listen to any of their songs. I could have handed him my iPod and let him have a listen but I didn't get a chance to. Maybe some other time :D It's the first time a lecturer has ever wondered what music I listen to.

He has taken a definite interest then :p Talking bout The Saturdays i really like their new song not sure bout the sean paul version though :p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    He has taken a definite interest then :p Talking bout The Saturdays i really like their new song not sure bout the sean paul version though :p

Maybe he has :p He's probably looking them up on Youtube. I didn't like their new song but it has grown on me lately. I've been listening to it a lot :D I don't like the Sean Paul version. The song is better without him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he has :p He's probably looking them up on Youtube. I didn't like their new song but it has grown on me lately. I've been listening to it a lot :D I don't like the Sean Paul version. The song is better without him.

Haha you should send him a playlist to get him started :p

And i'm not a fan of the faux Caribbean accents but like you it has grown and is probably their strongest and most intersting and catchy single in a while :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha you should send him a playlist to get him started :p

And i'm not a fan of the faux Caribbean accents but like you it has grown and is probably their strongest and most intersting and catchy single in a while :)

Maybe I will :p It is a bit generic but I think it's a grower rather than an instant hit. I still think their pop sound a la Chasing Lights (their debut album) was the best though rather than the dancey stuff, although I absolutely love All Fired Up. Oh I forgot to mention my dad's in London at the moment and he was in an Apple Store earlier. The place was empty and there were no one to ones there. I wonder have the one to ones got lives again? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I will :p It is a bit generic but I think it's a grower rather than an instant hit. I still think their pop sound a la Chasing Lights (their debut album) was the best though rather than the dancey stuff, although I absolutely love All Fired Up. Oh I forgot to mention my dad's in London at the moment and he was in an Apple Store earlier. The place was empty and there were no one to ones there. I wonder have the one to ones got lives again? :D

Haha its a gd plan :p And yeah i also really like their Headlins Ep shame that wasn't their second album Forever Is Over was a bad choice of lead begs belief it was ever chosen i get they were going for a direction but the song just wasn't string enough though i do love the single artwork witj the leaves :p also love the extende version of ALFU and 30 Days has even grown on me. And haha its London maybe they ahve relaised they city has more to offer than Apple :p
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Morning. Beautiful day isn't it? :)

Went out running and now I'm back home catching up with TV and eating a berry breakfast with natural yogurt :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning! Sunny day here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same her its actually warm :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same her its actually warm :p

It makes a change :D Last winter seemed to go on forever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes a change :D Last winter seemed to go on forever!

The weather is so weird over here last night was like the arctic this morning is like a balmy Spring day i mean how will i ever know what outfit to wear :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The weather is so weird over here last night was like the arctic this morning is like a balmy Spring day i mean how will i ever know what outfit to wear :D

Just look out the window every morning I guess :D Don't rely on TV weather forecasts! Anyway I'm in Entertainment Law with Professor McGonagall right now. She's in her human form rather than her cat one :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just look out the window every morning I guess :D Don't rely on TV weather forecasts! Anyway I'm in Entertainment Law with Professor McGonagall right now. She's in her human form rather than her cat one :p

Haha or just wear something for all weathers as we know how likely it isto change one minute your dry next minute torrential downpour :p

And haha awe thats a shame not as interesting as one of fairy's lectures then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm watching The Hunger Games on Netflix. I never read the books but I saw it in the cinema and quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha or just wear something for all weathers as we know how likely it isto change one minute your dry next minute torrential downpour :p

And haha awe thats a shame not as interesting as one of fairy's lectures then :D

That's what I do. I'm wearing a pink hoodie with a raincoat over it in case it rains as you never know :p The topic was interesting though. It was about record label contracts and that sort of thing. I'm sure some of you on here might be interested. I'll look at the lecture notes and then I can talk about it a bit more. I have the airy fairy one tomorrow. Maybe you should buy some fairy cakes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I do. I'm wearing a pink hoodie with a raincoat over it in case it rains as you never know :p The topic was interesting though. It was about record label contracts and that sort of thing. I'm sure some of you on here might be interested. I'll look at the lecture notes and then I can talk about it a bit more. I have the airy fairy one tomorrow. Maybe you should buy some fairy cakes :D

Haha i went out just now in a jumper big mistake :D And it does sound interesting i would love to know more about the processes that help tick the record industry over :) Haha i think im avoiding anything high in sugar had a major gorge on Pain Au Chocolat over the weekend :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha i went out just now in a jumper big mistake :D And it does sound interesting i would love to know more about the processes that help tick the record industry over :) Haha i think im avoiding anything high in sugar had a major gorge on Pain Au Chocolat over the weekend :D

Was it raining? I'll have a look at my lecture notes later. At the moment I'm going to study English Land Law. I'd better teach myself since the airy-fairy one's incapable of teaching it properly :rolleyes: Ah, paying homage to French Dude I see? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone here watch Outnumbered? I've found it on Netflix. I've seen the odd episode but I've been meaning to watch it properly for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No CNBC just slightly warmer than i expected :D

And i love mimi its a great series proper British comedy at its best :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No CNBC just slightly warmer than i expected :D

Ah right :p What made you eat the Pain au Chocolat? Where you thinking about French Dude? ;)
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done it. It went really well and the Micro$oft bashing was rather fun :D

That's good :):):):):):):)
    Enjoy the lecture from Mrs Airy Fairy. Maybe she used to watch Ocean Finance too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's good :):):):):):):)
    Enjoy the lecture from Mrs Airy Fairy. Maybe she used to watch Ocean Finance too. :D

I will do my best :p Actually I might ask her if she did. I bet the response would be hilarious :D At least it would get her off the topics of herself and universities in the UK.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder what she will lecture on then
    How to paint fences
    How to wash windows
    How to mow the grass :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right :p What made you eat the Pain au Chocolat? Where you thinking about French Dude? ;)

Haha no just a genuine addiction to all butter pastry maybe you should take some in to college :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder what she will lecture on then
    How to paint fences
    How to wash windows
    How to mow the grass :D:D:D:D:D

Haha it wouldn't surprise me :D She's so insane it sounds like the sort of thing she would do. Remember this is the same woman who admitted she was thinking about Rentokil pest control during an Intellectual Property Law lecture :p
    Haha no just a genuine addiction to all butter pastry maybe you should take some in to college :p

Maybe I should take them in next Monday for EU Competition Law, along with a CD of Saturdays songs :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha it wouldn't surprise me :D She's so insane it sounds like the sort of thing she would do. Remember this is the same woman who admitted she was thinking about Rentokil pest control during an Intellectual Property Law lecture :p

Maybe I should take them in next Monday for EU Competition Law, along with a CD of Saturdays songs :p

An immediate and brilliant way to start a convo :p
This discussion has been closed.