Benidorm Series 8

jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
Forum Member
Hi,

I couldn't find the orignal thread - so apologies.

Does anyone know if ITV have commissioned a Series 8 or not? Or will they be monitoring the success of S7 before they fund a further series.

Comments

• tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah looks like it
    mick and janice filmed a few episodes before being written out cause they said in the paul o'grady show.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV haven't commissioned an eighth series of Benidorm yet. Series seven is currently filming and wraps in June.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Nadia Sawalha is in the next series.
  • kaylz23kaylz23 Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I was recently at the hotel where Benidorm is currently filming. Not sure what series we are up too but the Oracle and his Mam are back this year.

The Garvies have gone too, they are in the first few episodes but that's it - not sure why
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Garvey's are in like 4 episodes... there is no Benidorm without Madge Harvey! It is a shame as we were just learning more about Michael Garvey.

The Oracle and his mother Maureen (not a huge fan) are back. No mention on Coolio Garvey or Chantelle Garvey.

The only original cast members are Mateo and The Swingers Donald Stewart and Jacqueline Stewart as Johnny Vegas left along with the actress who plays his mother.

Interesting fact... Darren Litten and The actor who plays Mateo are lovers who life together in real life!
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    The Garvey's are in like 4 episodes... there is no Benidorm without Madge Harvey! It is a shame as we were just learning more about Michael Garvey.

The Oracle and his mother Maureen (not a huge fan) are back. No mention on Coolio Garvey or Chantelle Garvey.

The only original cast members are Mateo and The Swingers Donald Stewart and Jacqueline Stewart as Johnny Vegas left along with the actress who plays his mother.

Interesting fact... Darren Litten and The actor who plays Mateo are lovers who life together in real life!

The Oracle's mother is called Noreen. Both are back for the seventh series which is currently being filmed. Chrissy Rock who plays Janey is also back.

I don't know where you got the fact that Mateo and Derren (not Darren) are lovers but it's hilarious. :D and utter bollocks of course. Where d'ye get your facts, Christmas crackers? :p
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    The Oracle's mother is called Noreen. Both are back for the seventh series which is currently being filmed. Chrissy Rock who plays Janey is also back.

I don't know where you got the fact that Mateo and Derren (not Darren) are lovers but it's hilarious. :D and utter bollocks of course. Where d'ye get your facts, Christmas crackers? :p

One of the casts relatives who I work with told me, he was being genuine!

It wasn't meant to be a joke haha.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaylz23 wrote: »
    I was recently at the hotel where Benidorm is currently filming. Not sure what series we are up too but the Oracle and his Mam are back this year.

The Garvies have gone too, they are in the first few episodes but that's it - not sure why

I really like the Garvies but you can get too much of them and the jokes can sometimes get a bit repetitive. I don't understand why they didn't let them keep the bar they brought a few series back that way they could of stayed in the show and it would of been a lot more plausible, with characters from the hotel visiting them taking the show out of the hotel more
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenny Ireland who plays Donald Stewart has been written out of the series as he is fighting cancer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/23/benidorm-kenny-ireland-cancer_n_5520692.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK+Entertainment

Really sad news but good luck Kenny and keep fighting it!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    Kenny Ireland who plays Donald Stewart has been written out of the series as he is fighting cancer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/23/benidorm-kenny-ireland-cancer_n_5520692.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK+Entertainment

Says news about Kenny, hope he recovers quick.

Interesting how tgey will use Jacqueline now, Her going on some hen party swingers party would be interesting.

I'm guessing something goes wrong with the Garveys, as you wouldn't normally leave a holiday half way through
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about Kenny. Hope he gets well soon.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about Kenny. Hope he gets well soon.

When he was about to go in to "Neptunes" he was talking on his mobile to his daughter, it was her birthday
    He asked us all to sing Happy B|rthday to her
    I have to say that the swinger storyline with him and Jacqueline has been flogged to death, time for a change
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »

Sadly he has passed away RIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2711881/Benidorm-star-Kenny-Ireland-dies-aged-68-cancer-battle.html
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been talking about this with my dad.

Jacqueline could stay in the show as she was good friends with Johnny Vegas's mum in the show.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame that is 2 people from the show no longer with us any more.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame that is 2 people from the show no longer with us any more.

After the next series I think they should end it as it would be disrespectful to carry on. Benidorm is The Garvey's and Donald and Jacqueline. Without the Garvey's and Donald, there isn't a show.

I hope they pay tribute to Kenny in the credits at the end of episode 1. He will be missed. He was an incredibly versatile and talented actor. RIP.

Incidentally, does anyone know how the Garvey's were written out? I believe there is no Madge in series 7. Is that correct?
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a repeat Episode tonight, hopefully Kenny will get mentioned at the end
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should end it after this next series. It wont be the same without Donald and the Garvey's. Best to go out on a high rather than continue without the characters which make it what it is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a shame, he was a very funny actor and I just can't see it running without him in it..
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or as said before they could make a new spin of show with new people in maybe?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've worked out how the Garvey's leave and how it would make sense for Geoff (The Oracle) to come back into it:
    Noreen and Geoff arrive in Benidorm looking for the Garvey's because Geoff and Chantelle have split up and Chantelle is upset. So, after mick calls Geoff his trade word (********), the Garvey's fly home so that they can be with Chantelle and look out for her, leaving Noreen and Geoff in Benidorm.
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful news about Kenny :( Rest in Peace
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Brookside wrote: »

Actually The Garvey's only appear in 2 and will definitely not retypurn
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    After the next series I think they should end it as it would be disrespectful to carry on. Benidorm is The Garvey's and Donald and Jacqueline. Without the Garvey's and Donald, there isn't a show.

I hope they pay tribute to Kenny in the credits at the end of episode 1. He will be missed. He was an incredibly versatile and talented actor. RIP.

Incidentally, does anyone know how the Garvey's were written out? I believe there is no Madge in series 7. Is that correct?

No Madge will appear through the second episode as she inherits millions from her family connections via Mel. Benidorm will hold on as the dykes will officially return altogether in series 8 if it does go forward, Kenny's death will be synced in the last episode, I am not sure whether Donald will be announced dead or there will jusypt be a tribute.:D
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I think I've worked out how the Garvey's leave and how it would make sense for Geoff (The Oracle) to come back into it:
    Noreen and Geoff arrive in Benidorm looking for the Garvey's because Geoff and Chantelle have split up and Chantelle is upset. So, after mick calls Geoff his trade word (********), the Garvey's fly home so that they can be with Chantelle and look out for her, leaving Noreen and Geoff in Benidorm.

A good guess but not quite there Madge will inherit millions of dollars and depart for las Vegas, then in the next episode 16th Jan johnny vegas will return with elsie for a darts quiz hosted by les