Options

mobiles.co.uk problems - HELP

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if anyone has already started a thread about this company. I just purchased an O2 contract through their site. I received the phone approximately ten days ago. Upon opening the package, I was slightly disappointed to find that the phone packagaing was quite scruffy and tatty, although the phone appeared to be fine (though clearly not in the original Samsung packaging).
I charged the phone, and then insterted the SIM. Upon inserting the SIM, I discovered that I was unable to make calls (save for emergeny calls) from the phone - very bad considering it's a contract.
Naturally, I was very annoyed about this. I tried calling (on a different phone :mad:), but couldn't get through. (I've heard this said a lot about this company.)
I've sent about four emails now. The first was to ask if they could help with my problem - I sent that email on Saturday and have received nothing.
Since I received no further correspondence from them, I have sent them three further emails in relation to cancelling my contract, and I will probably send a letter also.
Does anyone have any advice on this? Obviously I was stupid to not thoroughly research them, and I wish I had now.

Does anybody know the address to send correspondence to? (I'll make sure I do it by recorded delivery!)

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you buy a clearance phone? These are refurbished phones sold rather than brand new phones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Big M, it may well have been.

It's not so much the state of the packaging that bothers me as much as the fact that the phone just won't wotk, and they won't get back to me even after I've tried to contact the numerous times about how to fix the phone/use it.
  • Options
    gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used mobiles.co.uk a few months ago and didnt have any major problems really other then they didnt have the ps3 in stock that i ordered with them so got a check for £220 instead. I had to ring them up about the ps3 cos they never answered emails and got through to someone within a couple of mins and they sorted any problems out. Try ringing mid morning or mid afternoon when it shouldn't be as busy. Does the sim work in any other phone. Maybe try ringing o2 cos thats where the contract is. The sim might not be activated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried the SIM in any other phone, but that's not the point really - they already sent me a phone which isn't compatible with the SIM!

If anyone has the address to write to I'd be very grateful.

The direct debit is for the Carphone Warehouse (who own mobiles.co.uk), so I preume the contract goes through them and to O2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the phone branded with any of the network operators logo. Cos i thought all there phones where unlocked.
  • Options
    Jon_SJon_S Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    I haven't tried the SIM in any other phone, but that's not the point really - they already sent me a phone which isn't compatible with the SIM!

If anyone has the address to write to I'd be very grateful.

The direct debit is for the Carphone Warehouse (who own mobiles.co.uk), so I preume the contract goes through them and to O2.

Hi,
    The address is

Mobiles.co.uk Limited
    6 Greenhill Crescent
    Watford Business Park
    Watford
    WD18 8RF

However it would probably be easiest to call O2 to have your SIM activated - 0870 241 0202.

Cheers,
    Jon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon S, thank you very much :).

Just composing a letter now.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with what others have said - phone O2 to have the SIM activated... without doing that it won't work anyway!

You could've also tried putting a working SIM card in the phone to check it... if the phone IS unbranded/unlocked as mentioned above then it should work with any activated SIM...

Let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    Jon_SJon_S Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Jon S, thank you very much :).

Just composing a letter now.

Fair enough but it's perfectly normal for a contract phone to be sent out with a SIM set to emergency calls only - this doesn't mean Mobiles.co.uk have done you a dis-service. You just need to call O2 to activate your SIM - all Mobiles.co.uk do is send out the phone, obviously your service is provided by O2.

In terms of getting a response to queries etc "web only" retailers aren't usually too great at hand holding but the upside is they give much better deals.

You pays your money and takes your choice :)

Cheers,
    Jon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know for definite that the phone is faulty or that the sim is active because you have not really made that clear.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No update on this? Wonder if it did just need activating...
  • Options
    tomastammtomastamm Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone.

I bought the contract in haste, and am really regretting it now. Was having problems with my Vodafone contract (which I won't go into now), and stupidly entered into another contract before finalising the Vodafone one. Have pretty much sorted the Vodafone one now, but now have this other contract hanging over me.

It's a combination of things - the SIM is already activated, so that's not the problem. I can't get through to anyone at the company, and am really disappointed with the service. I've offered to buy myself out of the contract now so we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone.

I bought the contract in haste, and am really regretting it now. Was having problems with my Vodafone contract (which I won't go into now), and stupidly entered into another contract before finalising the Vodafone one. Have pretty much sorted the Vodafone one now, but now have this other contract hanging over me.

It's a combination of things - the SIM is already activated, so that's not the problem. I can't get through to anyone at the company, and am really disappointed with the service. I've offered to buy myself out of the contract now so we'll see what happens.

So was there anything wrong with the phone or were you just looking at ways to get out of the contract. If you want to buy your self out of the contract then you need to get intouch with o2, but it will cost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    So was there anything wrong with the phone or were you just looking at ways to get out of the contract. If you want to buy your self out of the contract then you need to get intouch with o2, but it will cost.

It's a bit of both if I'm honest - the fact is, they won't help me in any way with the problems with the phone, which has probably swayed my decision. I should never have entered into the contract in the first place if I hadn't thoroughly researched it - I think this will prove to be a very costly mistake if I have to buy myself out. I don't know if there are problems with the phone or SIM because they simply won't communicate with me...it's really frustrating.

Do you know who I would have to contact at O2?

I feel pretty stupid:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its not a 2 year contract. Your probaly best just getting in touch with customer sevice at o2 and take it from there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Im sorry to hear you have received no reply to any of your queries. I actually work with mobiles.co.uk if you would forward me you order number i would like to see if we can offer a resolution to your queries.