The right to bare arms in the UK

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
Forum Member
✭✭
Everybody should be entitled to do this. Whatever age, colour, creed, religion, status weight or sex.

But please cover up those meaningless (to everyone else but you) daubs, scribbles, shopping lists and cartoons when out and about in public this summer.

If not as God intended, then let long sleeves be your new BFF this summer. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Everybody should be entitled to do this. Whatever age, colour, creed, religion, status weight or sex.

But please cover up those meaningless (to everyone else but you) daubs, scribbles, shopping lists and cartoons when out and about in public this summer.

Did you run out of actual things to get bothered about?
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    doesn't affect me - don't buy short sleeve shirts
  • Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no law which forbids having your arms bare, don't think anyone cares if your arms are bare or not
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will fight this tooth and nail. i have the right to wear a T shirt in the middle of Summer the same as everyone else.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    I will fight this tooth and nail. i have the right to wear a T shirt in the middle of Summer the same as everyone else.

Sometimes i even wear a T shirt in the middle of winter. :o
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    I like to, but only if I've worked a little on the old guns for a few weeks, either out on the farm at home or in the gym.

Used to love summers at home when the shearers turned up in their vest tops :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I like to, but only if I've worked a little on the old guns for a few weeks, either out on the farm at home or in the gym.

Used to love summers at home when the shearers turned up in their vest tops :blush:

What was Alan Shearers family doing turning up at your house?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Sometimes i even wear a T shirt in the middle of winter. :o
    Well i may not agree with you but i will fight for your right to do this .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    Well i may not agree with you but i will fight for your right to do this .

I do wear stuff over the top of them, but still i am grateful for your stance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I do wear stuff over the top of them, but still i am grateful for your stance.
    Good idea, think I will do the same just to pee people off.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it gets to about 21degrees C outdoors I would wear something lighter material than a pair of jeans and wear a t-shirt as well.

I would never go outdoors topless while it's too hot and sweaty while wearing jeans.

Being bare completely above the waist while going around the streets, in town and in the shops is very uncivilised to my mind.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if the Geezer contingent would keep their tops on - especially in supermarkets etc. :o
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I plead the Fifth Amendment.

No-one wants to see my arms, any more.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    I'd be happy if the Geezer contingent would keep their tops on - especially in supermarkets etc. :o

What about the girls? Should they whip them off?
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    UKNikey wrote: »

What are you, the arm police?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's all well and good, but can we talk about the right to arm bears in the UK? I have contacts in Canada and can get you a good deal on grizzlies and polar bears in the off-season.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I think the right to bare arms was repealed after the 1980's due to the amount of damage being done to men's jackets. :blush:
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stripping off entitely above the waist outdoors seems to happen in the uk when it's sunny and just approaching the mid 20 degrees C is what the Americans would only do once the mercury there reaches about 37 or 38 degrees C.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    Stripping off entitely above the waist outdoors seems to happen in the uk when it's sunny and just approaching the mid 20 degrees C...

Or, in Newcastle, it happens whenever water is a liquid rather than a solid.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    is this what piers morgan keeps moaning about
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    is this what piers morgan keeps moaning about

Yup.

That and Arsene Wenger.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    This thread is crap.