Options

New tv.How many HDMI cables will i need?.

13»

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »
    Can't he connect his old (scart) boxes to his new (hdmi) TV with scart-to-hdmi leads?

If by that you mean a bit of wire with a SCART plug one end and an HDMI plug the other then yes he could. It would be a complete waste of time though as it would never work.

SCART is an analogue format. HDMI is digital. There is no way to interconnect the two without getting some electronics involved to convert one to the other.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    I am a retired broadcasting engineer with decades of experience, I merely ask that you afford me the same courtesy.

I agree with Graham, and fail to see the slightest relevance to your comment? - nor what a retired broadcast engineer would even know about television sets - it's entirely outside a broadcast engineers experience.

You incorrectly stated that HD Ready TV's can't receive Freeview HD, this isn't true - there are a number of HD Ready sets with Freeview HD - the Freeview HD logo has nothing to do with HD Ready.

Assuming you want a Freeview HD set, then that's the logo you need to look for - doesn't matter if it's HD Ready or Full HD.

However, the majority of modern sets are Full HD anyway, and that proportion is increasing all the time - likewise the proportion of sets that are Freeview HD is also increasing.