Masterchef New Zealand

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just started watching this a few days ago, so I've missed the early rounds. I'm quite enjoying it, but I find the fighty sisters really annoying, and the (American?) lady whose partner has lilac hair is really really irritating me. I dislike her waily tone when she's talking about how much she REALLY wants this and she's worked SO hard etc etc, as if the others don't want it, or haven't worked hard.
  • alr837alr837 Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried, but I just don't like it! Don't like the format, the judges and very few of the contestants! Just hoping MKR is back soon!
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I've only just started watching this a few days ago, so I've missed the early rounds. I'm quite enjoying it, but I find the fighty sisters really annoying, and the (American?) lady whose partner has lilac hair is really really irritating me. I dislike her waily tone when she's talking about how much she REALLY wants this and she's worked SO hard etc etc, as if the others don't want it, or haven't worked hard.

But... But ... She REALLY wants this.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    But... But ... She REALLY wants this.....

I know. And she REALLY thought she DESERVED some sort of reward for her TERRIBLY HARD WORK. It's all so unFAIR.
    Forum Member
    I know. And she REALLY thought she DESERVED some sort of reward for her TERRIBLY HARD WORK. It's all so unFAIR.

Pause to wring hands, put head in wing hands while lilac haired partner looks on, ambivalently...
  • cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Pause to wring hands, put head in wing hands while lilac haired partner looks on, ambivalently...

Because she knows that when they crash and burn, she'll get the blame because it can't possibly be her exes' lack of skill because she wanted it SO BADLY and DESERVED it.
    Forum Member
    oooh this twist was ... Interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeeeez, Miss Waily really is effing annoying. I'm feeling rather ragy at her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeeeez, Miss Waily really is effing annoying. I'm feeling rather ragy at her.

She has to go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even her partner looks like she wants to slap her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even her partner looks like she wants to slap her.

Now that I would like to see. She's really quite a nasty piece of work. As if everyone there doesn't really want to be there - even the two 'boys' are trying to hide it behind the laid back attitude. People who feel entitled really get on my one remaining nerve.

And breathe ...
    Forum Member
    Oh my god what is WITH that woman!!!!
    Forum Member
    She is not winning any friends AT ALL is she!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Elizabeth out, get Elizabeth out.

Oops, sorry, wrong show. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ almighty, she doesn't even trust her partner to taste??
    Forum Member
    "Plating up is a drama" - Elizabeth in the frame. Uh huh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenn does not look impressed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yessssss.

ETA: and she can't even be charitable in her leaving piece. Take some responsibility woman. You put yourself into elimination, not Jenn.
    Forum Member
    No wonder they split up. Elizabeth must be such high maintenance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HA HA. Oh my god.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just googled. I found out who won, oops, but found an article where Elizabeth blamed Jenn entirely, with quotes like "I had no idea Jenn's ability was so far beneath mine". Lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just googled. I found out who won, oops, but found an article where Elizabeth blamed Jenn entirely, with quotes like "I had no idea Jenn's ability was so far beneath mine". Lovely.

Sheesh. Because you'd always enter a competition that 'means everything to you' with someone whose abilities you knew nothing about and then blame them for losing. Makes perfect sense.
    Forum Member
    I was a few mins behind ....

Wow she really fancied herself as THE best chef EVER!!! And her fake jollity in the Talking Heads piece where Jenn just looks like she wants to be anywhere but there.

I really feel for Jenn, she seemed well loved by everyone. Oh and don't forget Elizabeth really deserved to BE there ... God what horrid woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I thought it was quite telling that lots of people said how much they'd miss Jenn.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a truly horrendous 'jolly' harridan Elizabeth was. Felt so sorry for jenn as Elizabeth was constantly putting her down.

Found this clip about Elizabeth:

Since the competition Marshall has been focused on working her way up from the bottom of the culinary world, including a three-month stint at Martin Bosley's now liquidated restaurant in Wellington. Wonder if there is a connection?;-)